Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 Post Op Rny / Bypass Support Group

Yay!! My husband's home from the hospital!

Yay!!!! I wish you both great success now that you can focus on recovery and meeting goals

I'm almost three weeks out. Just started solids which is difficult. And now three days with no weight loss and I'm terrified!

I think that's the stall I've read about. I'm stalled too. Instead of losing pounds we will lose inches. I hope.

Thank you! I'm hoping! If to have any links to info on "the stall" please send them. :)

best news today!!!

So happy for you both.

Just checking in! I'm 3 weeks post-op today and I feel pretty good, all things considered. I'm still a little sore on my left side and I have incision right where the waistband hits on all my pants/skirts that won't seem to heal like the others. On the plus side, I'm down about 25 lbs and can feel the weight loss in my clothes and even see it in my face, so that's keeping me motiviated.

However, I gotta say the learing curve with eating/drinking has been steep. I'm still working out that I'm not physically capable of eating as much as I think I can. Even if I make myself a plate that looks like something out of Oliver!, it still ends of being too much. A couple/three bites and I'm done. And you know what? That makes me kind of sad. I know I'm full because I can't and don't want to eat anymore, but I don't know if that sense of fullness also means that I'm "satisfied". Does that makes any sense? My meals typically end with a resigned sigh of "I guess that's it", rather than feeling good about the whole thing. Also I have to work really, really hard to get my Water in. lol

Well, enough of my waah waah waah. How're the rest of my July peeps doing? Do tell! :D

Well, I had this problem before surgery too. I didn't care to eat until my stomach finally grumbled mid afternoon. This is such a chore. And when I don't feel full I think why even bother. But I know it's supposed to be healthier to eat regularly so I'll have to force eat but when I do I'm not losing any weight so my mind thinks it's the food's fault. This sucks.

I was so happy to be able to eat food and now that I can I don't want to to be bothered. I'd rather just drink the Protein drinks.

I think that's how I will be...just drink the shake. Lol. I know that won't be good but seems to make sense to me. Not sure why.

Angryviking, we have the same date :-) 3 wks today for my husband and I. I'm doing well and feeling VERY similar to you exceptI don't feel full and my stomach growls an hour after eating. I feel like I can eat more than the 2 oz I eat. I'm trying to eat every 3 hrs. Drinking anything is such an annoying chore. I wish there was a recipe book for this stage with only the foods our nut allows because I am clueless. Lol. I also wish we could eat normal Breakfast foods. I guess that'll just take time and we'll, I'm not so great with patience. Lol

I'm frustrated as to why our nut/dr doesn'tallow his patients to eat some of the things everyone else (it seems) can eat at this point from what I'm reading. :(

I hope to not see our bariatric dr again. I will see our nut, not that she's much help though, but I do not want to talk

to the dr. I hope I can just go to our family Dr for blood work and pay him rather than the jerk bariatric surgeon w had who never even looked at me, made me suffer in pain, and makes me feel like I'm a bother with his time.

My husband is still feeling kind of crappy and lethargic. I'm frustrated about that too. I just want him to be back to normal. So does he. He is kind of regretting doing this right now. I hope he feels differently next year.

Otherwise I'm up and about, have been for a week and a half and walking 1-2 miles/day. Down 28.

had my one week dr. appt. I am down 12 lbs. feel good. Started the soft food stage too. I am up to eating 50 g Protein and 64 oz. Water. While in the city yesterday had lunch at Red Robin. Its my birthday month so I gave my free hamburger to my husband and I had the clams out of a bowl of clam chowder. I have been walking and I can go down 8 houses and back. my 1st goal is once around my block (about 2 miles) Hope you all are having good results and feeling stronger each day.

Hi! RNY on July 15th... Now, I'm having brown (NOT dark yellow) urine and tingling hands... should I call my surgeon or regular md???

Surgeon

Made it to Onederland!!!!! Finally, after a week and a half- two week stall.

It's true, during my stall I didn't lose weight but I lost inches. Had to buy pants (down two sizes, almost three!) And those are too big now. Now it's back to losing a pound every couple of days. I wonder when the next stall is..........

:-)

Congrats Karen. Bet you feel good. How is your husband doing?

Thanks for asking :-) he's doing better. We are wondering if the Coumadin is making him feel tired and nauseous sometimes. He's got two more months left of it. He's already tired of taking it. He's lost 50 lbs and I 33.