Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 Post Op Rny / Bypass Support Group

Surgery was yesterday. Was hell. The hate my Dr. Most all pain meds don't work on me except demerol and he won't give it to me. Despite the morphine drop he put me on I was at a level 9. The nurses coupons Getty a hold of him for about 9 hours because her was "in surgeries" or whatever. I lost it. I'm calling neglect on his part and I told him so this morning. Stupid jerk. The nurses tried their best but they can't do anything and we're glad I told him off.

But today has been ok.started 25mg of ultram every 6 hrs that barely lasts 4 plus diluadad pump that helps a little too. Not very much gas trouble at all. Was instructed to drink 1 oz of Water or chicken broth or Apple juice every hour. I can drink it on 5 minutes though. Seems like 1 hr is a long time to drink just 1oz. Weird. Oh well. And no Protein Drinks our anything. I don't know. I haven't been pleased with the lack of info or organization so far. The nurses are great though.

Should go home tomorrow. Hubby is having a harder time but he's not as stubborn as I am.

Swype auto correct sucks. Sorry.

For those who will be having surgery soon I recommend bringing a back scratcher. It has come in handy for this itch from the medicines.

Hello all I am 11 Days Post-Op and all is well. I am still on my liquid diet =(. I haven't had any problems with nausea or vomiting. Only complications I have had was with my big incision bleeding. No infection or swelling, it's just the knot of the stitch came out so the skin has to mend back together. My Nut isn't worried so I'm not either. Can't wait to start my next phase: purée foods. Good Luck to everyone Pre and Post Op.

3 days post op. I'm in the "what the F did I do to myself" stage. :(

Pain meds don't really work on me so I pretty much just have to deal. The only pain med that does work is demerol and my Dr won't prescribe it so I have been suffering since Friday. This totally sucks. I chewed my dr out on Saturday morning for this. He made me suffer all day Friday after surgery and by not giving me what I know works with my body. The nurses, who were with me in my agony and totally helpless, praised me for doing so even. I'm just disappointed in my surgeon. I should have stuck with my gut from the first meeting and went with someone else but my husband liked this Dr.

Tiny sips of Water or Protein Drink hurt. Feels like I swallow a huge chunk of meat or something. Laying down I get the same feeling.

Just trying to keep drinking the water and Protein drinks. Suppose to be 1oz every 15 minutes.

I have to take my omaprozol capsule but I'm scared. It's too big. All my pills are too big. At least I got to stop taking my cholesterol pill. Of course it's the smallest out of them all, go figure.

In laws leave today. They kept our 10 yr old twins and 17 yr old busy while we were in the hospital. They can go home now. I just want to wallow in my uncomfortableness by myself. My kids have been great help :)

I'm a July 15th surgery!! Not a lot of pain (but, I do have higher than normal pain tolerance) and just this morning had my first OMG nausea scare! Thank goodness my husband was right here and got me the medicine. I was terrified to vomit!!

I open my Prilosec capsule to take it, would that help? Not sure it's okay to do, but so far good for me. I'm struggling not being able to take my anxiety medicine because it's to big!! I'm calling the pharmacy today to see if there is an alternative.

So I called surgeons office. He's doing surgeries today and I guess they can't get ahold of the nurse because the receptionist told me to ask the pharmacist. Pharmacist said not to open it. So now I have a call in to my family Dr and how he can script a liquid omaprozol if there is such a thing.

I'm so frustrated with this stupid surgeon and office. We even brought in our meds last week and they should have made revisions then, not after. And plus whenever I complain about this Dr my husband gets mad. He just goes with the flow. If doc said he had to take out his perfectly good appendix I'm sure he would have said ok, whatever. Totally frustrating. Plus, every tiny swallow hurts. This is the worst surgery I've ever had, all around.

My family is really, really enjoying the dinners everyone is bringing! Too bad I get to sit back, smile, and sip my lemon Water. Lol

I don't know how we're supposed to drink 60 mg of Protein. Takes me a day to drink 11oz of 30g protein drink. And Water too???

I don't know how we're supposed to drink 60 mg of Protein. Takes me a day to drink 11oz of 30g protein drink. And Water too???

I feel u, I'm having a hard time getting my protein in too!!! Tired of those shakes and we have to at least drink 32oz of water a day!!!! Totally possible but 1 sip every 5 min and u have to wait 30-60 min before eating a meal after drinking!!! Well we can complain but it will help us succeed!! We can do it!!! Can't wait until this last week of liquids is over (3weeks post surgery) then next 3 weeks of puréed!!!!! Keep at it y'all!!!

pureed double quarter pounder, throw in some pureed French fries and a frosty. Oh ya baby. Lol! ;) jk!!!.;)

I am on the edge of 2 weeks post op. Things are going good. I got a little infection on my drain incision but the antibiotics are helping some. Other than that I really can't complain about much of anything. My Sleeve surgery was way worse for me. I feel good, upbeat and not one time have I felt the buyers remorse. I felt that for 2 months post op with my sleeve. My GERD is completely gone!!! I am also being weaned off my high blood pressure meds already. Exactly what I dreamed of!!!

Yay!!! :)

Thanks Karen! :-D