Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY 2014 Post Op Rny / Bypass Support Group

This is the first time , in years, with no heartburn at all!! I am still taking heartburn meds for healing but I am so very happy that I don't have to take extra doses of tums, rolaids, or alka seltzer, to be comfortable. Good luck everyone.

I am SO mad and hurt by my husband!! I went to get the piece of chicken that I had planned on eating for dinner and it was missing. I asked all the kids and they said no, my husband said no, he even blamed our daughter's friend who was over and I'm getting angrier and angrier. Doesn't help that we are on day 3 of our stupid pre-op diet and I'm feeling cranky, tired and HUNGRY! So my anger is escalating and I figured out he ate it and he basically admitted it in not so many words. Pisses me off!!! I'm sticking to this pre-op diet to a T and he goes and cheats by eating "half of the chicken, like 2 bites" when I know I put 3 oz chicken in there to save for a meal later. I had just finished making his stir fry, putting his meal before my own only to find out he's probably not feeling as badly as I am. No wonder! I'm SO mad at him for cheating. I know we are only accountable for ourselves and this is his journey but I'm disappointed that he's already screwed up. I've had my doubts I've kept to myself about him being able to do stick with eating right and this just confirms it. So I tell him I'm even madder now and he tells me to chill out and stop being so cranky.
Jerk.

At least I can tell the Dr I haven't cheated and I'm working hard to stick with the plan, unlike SOME people. UGH!!!

Edited by itsmekarenlee

Karenlee-

I could see my husband doing the same thing. God love them but they often don't understand how hard this process is for us! I am one week post op today.

Perhaps instead of telling him that you're mad/disappointed for him cheating you could tell him how it affected YOU. I would feel like my husband wasn't bring supportive if he did that. Emotions run high when you don't get to eat, you're scared about surgery and how much your life is going to change. To him its a piece of chicken but to you that was like gold!

I haven't eaten anything more than a Protein Shake for 10 days now and I would give my pinkie toe for a piece if chicken right about now.

Jessica, we are both on preop diet. Both having surgery on the 18th so he should be sticking with the plan per instructed by dr/nut.

I did talk to him last night and told him how it affected me too, not just him. He said he ate about an ounce of the chicken on Saturday, and ounce on Sunday and lat one yesterday. He just feels like he's not getting enough. I can.understand that because on every other monitored diet we've been on he gets more to eat because he is a male. With this preop though we are getting the same, around 800 cal per day. His excuse was that he stress eats. I just told him that he is only accountable for himself but we are in this together and we need to do what the dr says, not what we think. I told him that if he ever feels like he needs to have more then to come to me and we'll talk about it. I won't lecture him. We are lucky we have each other to go through this life change together after 25 yrs. :-)

Jessica, we have the choice to do an all liquid or liquid plus one meal: 3oz of meat, 1 cup cooked or 2 cups raw veggies, sugar free Jello, dill pickles, sugar free popsicles, coffee or tea (with sugar sub if desired. I like mine black anyway).

Yesterday I was in a foul Bitch mood. I'm hungry, my kids aren't helping much with cleaning and my stupid in laws are coming next week to help, one of which has been banned because he said my house was too messy, and that was when it was clean and barren from being a brand new house. It's a long story. Anyway, Ya, I'm stressed. I took half a lorazapam a little bit ago and that's helping :-)

Stick with it, you're on the home stretch. My in-laws are awful, I would be an absolute wreck to have them thrown in on top of the already stressful situation. And I cant tell you how much Xanax I took in the two weeks leading up to my surgery! My husband had been away for a month, I was hungry and cranky and emotional. Then top it all off with getting my "ladies days." Awful awful awful time.

I'm only a week post-op and am still on Clear Liquids only. I am hungry and weak and crabby. I just keep telling myself what a small blip of time this is in the big scheme of things.

I dreamed I was eating a big fat juicy delicious hamburger last night. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sigh. Oh well. Hey, at least it was calorie and fat free. ;) lol

@ lil ms diva... Thanks, still at the hospital, had a lil setback. I guess where they attached the stomach to the intestine (suture line) it was bleeding and formed a clot. So I was vomiting blood, got a blood transfusion too. Feeling better, walking the halls and burping like a frat boy. I had a neighbor who also got the bypass and recovered without issues!!! So it's just different for everyone. Hope I didn't scare anyone, get to go home tomorrow (fingers crossed) and goodluck to those who are having surgery soon!!!

Oh no, jaysweet98. I am so very sorry this happened. Soon, it will be a distant memory.

Thanks, can't wait until then!!?

@jaysweet im do sorry for your complications. I hope your on the mend now!

My revision surgery from VSG to Bypass Went excellent. Not many issued, just post op pain which is normal. I get to come home today! I very happy about that especially. How is everyone else?

I'm 10 days out now and started mushy foods yesterday. I'm physically feeling pretty good (still tire very easily though) but I've been pretty emotional. Partially due to personal stuff but partially due to food.< /p>

It was so good to have something to eat with texture and flavor yesterday but i didn't feel satisfied. Not hungry but not full.

I guess its my food addiction talking but I miss feeling full!! I miss that feeling so much. When do you think we'll get that again?

Thanks lilmsdiva, I'm glad ur surgery went well, hope for a speedy recovery!!! I'm still at hospital, all test look good, just waiting for my blood levels to come back!!! As long as those are fine, I'm going home!!! I have dry heaving but no vomiting and just crampy like pain!!! Tolerable no meds needed!!! Can't wait to see my 3 girls!!!!!

I'm at the stage where I'm second guessing. With this liver shrinkage diet I've lost 7 lbs in a week and I think, "I don't need surgery, I can do this!!" But then I have to remember I've been there, done that and now look at me. Sigh.

One more week. 7 more days. This diet is getting old. I want to eat a whole box of Kraft mac and cheese. Box included. Lol!

Right now my kids are going to 7-11 for free slurpees. And my beloved nachos and Starbucks coffee drink. Lil turds. :P. Lol