Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on the 17th too. Week long plateau. Very frustrating. I've lost 20 pounds post op and my bmi is now 32.

I have been told this is normal, it certainly is disappointing though, yesterday, I decided to go ahead and start eating food, I was supposed to start on Friday, but since I was not making any progress on cottage cheese and eggs, I decided to start, afterall my instruction book, says you need change your food around so your metabolism will work better, just keep our goal in mind and Stop, Think, before you act.

I hhad my surgery on June 17th. I have lost 21lbs. I haven't lost weight in a week. I exercise and watch what I eat for the most part. Is this normal?

I have had the same plateau for a week.

Had revision surgery 6/24.. And my MD said I will never feel hungry again.. I didn't believe him bc it doesn't sound logical and I was correct. I'm always hungry.. Not STARVING but certainly hungry .. I'm on regular foods and eating Protein I know I'm not getting a full 70grams.. I'm hoping as I gradually increase protein the empty hungry feeling will subside, thoughts?

Don't forget your Protein powders to get your protein quota in.

Had revision surgery 6/24.. And my MD said I will never feel hungry again.. I didn't believe him bc it doesn't sound logical and I was correct. I'm always hungry.. Not STARVING but certainly hungry .. I'm on regular foods and eating protein I know I'm not getting a full 70grams.. I'm hoping as I gradually increase protein the empty hungry feeling will subside, thoughts?

For those who have advanced to solid foods, what are you all eating? I'm having a hard time...just wanted some thoughts or ideas. Thanks in advanced. Love this group

• Jenuine629: My nutritionist and a nurse who has had the surgery recommend starting first with mozzarella and/or string cheese as these more solid cheeses are better tolerated. For those who are doing well on the liquid diet and want to try something more solid, they recommend these cheeses. Beyond that, it is still "protein first", with the best tolerated Protein sources being the white meats being more digestible and better tolerated than the red meats - including pork. Fish is usually tolerated ok too. I was told that the rule with "soft foods" is that if you have to use a knife with it, it's not soft enough! Highly cooked foods like chili and stews and marinated meats apparently work much better. The more fibrous vegetables like broccoli and green Beans should be well cooked. Apparently, celery is not well tolerated at all until much later... Chili is a good choice using ground turkey (or all veggies) since the Beans add another source of Protein, and it is quite filling, which staves off hunger longer. This stage of the diet is all about filling you up for longer to prevent hunger.
[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:17205]

<p>June 20th, 2014, doing great so far, had a little setback on Saturday, blood pressure got so low, I almost passed out, I was just starting on Cottage cheese, so I ate my half cup of that, and drank a V8 juice, brought it up some, but felt lousy the rest of the day. so after I started eating food, I have put on 1 lb.</p>

Don't worry that is normal.. You will lose all that extra weight in a day or 2 max.. Believe me the more i ate the more weight i lost, and stalls are 100% normal especially starting week 5 .. Try to eat 5 meals a day.. I know its not easy, but try.. BUT, always keep in mind, low calorie, low fat and low sugar food....

Good luck

How many calories do you eat per day? I'm on puréed and get around 500( to get my 60 GMS of protein).

The nutritionist met with us on our first meeting. They gave us recipes and there are lots of options. 3 oz. of Proteins, 2 Tbsp. of veg and 2 tbsp. of carbohydrates. If you Google it , lap band recipes or WLS recipes you can find lots of options. If you chew each bite 32 times, it will be mush when you finish with it.

For those who have advanced to solid foods, what are you all eating? I'm having a hard time...just wanted some thoughts or ideas. Thanks in advanced. Love this group

Our nutritionist also gave us a small plate, with a diagram of each food group, a plastic baby fork and plastic baby spoon. Last night, I had salmon, 3 oz., could not eat all, remembering stop when you are full, 2 tbsp. of green Beans and tbsp. of boiled potato.

The nutritionist met with us on our first meeting. They gave us recipes and there are lots of options. 3 oz. of Proteins, 2 Tbsp. of veg and 2 tbsp. of carbohydrates. If you Google it , lap band recipes or WLS recipes you can find lots of options. If you chew each bite 32 times, it will be mush when you finish with it.

Hi Everyone I was sleeved on June 30. I am down 13 lbs as of my first post op appt. My only concern is I have only lost about 2 lbs in the last week. I'm only eating about 2 oz at a time. I get at least 1 Protein Drink in a day sometime 1 1/2 to 2 drinks, and I drink Water and crystal light. I'm walking an hour a day (3miles). I know i'm only supposed to loose about 1-2 lbs a week but I thought in the beginning I would be loosing more. Anyone have this problem?

GS 6/12/14 - I am eating small curd low fat cottage cheese, mixed Protein Powder into sugar free puddings and Jello, sliced deli turkey, fat free Greek yogurt, baked Beans, frozen fully cooked meatballs and grilled chicken, home made sloppy joe with no bread, meat only chili, scrambled eggs, hummas with a few low fat pita chips, and some low fat frozen yogurt. Hope this helps.

Hi Everyone I was sleeved on June 30. I am down 13 lbs as of my first post op appt. My only concern is I have only lost about 2 lbs in the last week. I'm only eating about 2 oz at a time. I get at least 1 Protein drink in a day sometime 1 1/2 to 2 drinks, and I drink Water and crystal light. I'm walking an hour a day (3miles). I know i'm only supposed to loose about 1-2 lbs a week but I thought in the beginning I would be loosing more. Anyone have this problem?

I have lost 14 since June 30th and 2 this week. Also sleeved 6/30! Very common to have a stall right now. scale will jump soon!

I'm 6w 2d out now. Sleeved June 5th. I can eat pretty much anything now with no issues. The only things I haven't tried are raw veggies, rice, steak and of course bread/pasta. Although I have had toast with tuna or chicken salad on it. I could only eat 1/4 of a piece and it's definitely not something I have every day. I cannot handle Protein Shakes. I literally have a hard time even swallowing them. I'm sure it's a head thing but I just can't get them down except for the Atkins shakes but even those are a chore.

I'm now down 42.5 lbs, exactly the same weight as my five year old. It's amazing to pick her up and think that I had been carrying that weight around every single day. No wonder stairs and getting off the floor was a struggle! I'm soooo happy with my sleeve! This week I bought my first dress from the "regular" side of a store. Not ready to wear in public yet but it fits well! :) I just hate my legs showing. And all my bras are too big! My hubby is a lil concerned about this. Haha

post-211076-0-54150100-1405797534_thumb.jpg

My surgery was June 17th - I am 4 weeks post-op. I am I am still eating pureed food. Mostly tuna, chicken salad, tried soft vegetables. My problem is that food seems to get stuck I only eat about 2 tablespoons or in the case if the vegetables 2oz. After eating I get a heartburn type feeling. I chew carefully yet find myself to throwing up to relieve myself. I am beginning to wonder if it is possible that my pouch is too small. Has anyone had this problem?

Anyone have any suggestions for Protein Shakes? I can't seem to get them down. Even the chocolate makes me gag. I don't think i'm supposed to add fruit to smoothies yet to change up the taste. I ordered injury and have the chocolate and strawberry, I can't get the chocolate down right now for some reason it makes me gag. I add the strawberry to crystal light but i'm getting bored. I also purchased unflavored why Protein but I don't know what to put it in?!! Thanks in advance!