Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting observation this holiday weekend. I was with my son and DIL in the mountains and ate things I haven't eaten in a long time. It was BBQ/grilling for four days...hot dogs, burgers, ribs, etc. No veggies unless you count the salad in a bag I made sure was available to me. There were no really healthy or light choices and while I didn't eat much of it, I ate things like macaroni salad, baked Beans, and peppers & onions with sausage.

Not surprising...I was not feeling well yesterday after Breakfast. I knew it was coming out one way or another and fortunately, I didn't puke. I was however, in the bathroom for some time and all I can say is that it wasn't pretty.

I bet my tummy simply revolted from the food I gave it. What a difference now....I can't eat that type of food all weekend...I just can't.

I'm fine now. I was even OK last night because I got home later in the afternoon and had some hummus for lunch. Then simple grilled chicken, steamed green Beans, and quinoa. Tonight...grilled salmon. I guess I'll have to be more careful in the future if I know there will be several days where good choices are not available. I'm not worried about the cruise though. I know I can make very good choices on the ship and now I have even more incentive to do so. Last thing I need is to feel sick on vacation because I'm not eating smart.

Interesting observation this holiday weekend. I was with my son and DIL in the mountains and ate things I haven't eaten in a long time. It was BBQ/grilling for four days...hot dogs, burgers, ribs, etc. No veggies unless you count the salad in a bag I made sure was available to me. There were no really healthy or light choices and while I didn't eat much of it, I ate things like macaroni salad, baked Beans, and peppers & onions with sausage. Not surprising...I was not feeling well yesterday after Breakfast. I knew it was coming out one way or another and fortunately, I didn't puke. I was however, in the bathroom for some time and all I can say is that it wasn't pretty. I bet my tummy simply revolted from the food I gave it. What a difference now....I can't eat that type of food all weekend...I just can't. I'm fine now. I was even OK last night because I got home later in the afternoon and had some hummus for lunch. Then simple grilled chicken, steamed green Beans, and quinoa. Tonight...grilled salmon. I guess I'll have to be more careful in the future if I know there will be several days where good choices are not available. I'm not worried about the cruise though. I know I can make very good choices on the ship and now I have even more incentive to do so. Last thing I need is to feel sick on vacation because I'm not eating smart.

So true the cleaner/healthier we eat our bodies hate junk /processed food. Yes the cruise will have good choices as well as for me I'm packing some Protein powder and bars for mine. I can't eat in the am until late morning so I Make Protein lattes :) n back a bar for the excursions just in case.

I found my band has been tighter the past few weeks and when I went for my annual check up he said it looked good but a but a tad tight and asked if I wanted an slight unfill I was scared about gaining weight do I sad no :( after a horrible weekend of not keeping much down I'm going Thursday to get a slight unfill just to make sure I won't be sick on my cruise. I already eat right and work out so a slight unfill hopefully won't cause weight gain . I think it's in my head so the first year was great I'm going to make the lifetime band living better than great so I'll take a few bumps as we adjust to living together forever . Lol not sure if it's the weather or some stress I'm going through (who doesn't have stres) but I must do what's necessary to keep my band and myself in sync with the help of my dr :)

had .3 taken out today and it was so nice to eat dinner tonight without PBing or throwing up my hunger is still in check i will of course continue to make my good food choices. The dr said perhaps the weather caused my band to tighten. Who knew my band didn't like summer its my favorite time of year. Then again it doesn't like pork or bread and I love ribs and bread so I guess we still have a lot to learn about each other and compromise. But like any great relationships its about dealing with the stuff you may not like ut because I love my band I will tolerate it's decisions lol I don't have to like it!! I guess our honeymoon phase is ending but I will continue to follow my new life style and look forward to getting a fill if I need it in the fall or whenever I might need it. I am in this for the long haul. With all that said the only thing I would of done differently is gotten this band years ago.:) I'll take the ups and downs because there is way more ups loving th NSV like walking into any regular store and feeling like I belong and the sales people helping me because they can make a sale from me. White house black market victoria secretsThese are my new shopping spots no longer lane bryant!!! WOO HOO. They must think Im crazy because every time I make a purchases Im grinning ear to ear.

I went to see my nutritionist today for a regular check-in. It's been a full year since I started seeing her. We just chatted about my progress and how great things are. Then she said she wanted to ask me a favor. Once a year she asks one of the patients to tell their story at the monthly support group meeting. So, I will be speaking at the August meeting. I'm kinda thrilled and kinda freaked out all at the same time. I think that will be when I debut the old fat jeans...and how I now fit into one leg.

Happy Friday!

SillyAuntDI, that is so cool that they are asking you to speak , so they can see the band does work if you work it , pay it forward and post the pic of you fitting in one leg , just think you may help soe one add a few ore yrs. on their life , like you have done . :) :) :) :) :) :)

I went to see my nutritionist today for a regular check-in. It's been a full year since I started seeing her. We just chatted about my progress and how great things are. Then she said she wanted to ask me a favor. Once a year she asks one of the patients to tell their story at the monthly support group meeting. So, I will be speaking at the August meeting. I'm kinda thrilled and kinda freaked out all at the same time. I think that will be when I debut the old fat jeans...and how I now fit into one leg.

Happy Friday!

I remember when you first came on this forum. You have come so far in your journey and it is truly inspiring. I'm so very happy for you Di.

Congratulations on two yrs

Hey all how is every one? Just back from vacation what a relief to get out of AZ for a week.. any way.. so the kids went horse back riding while we where gone and i didn't go.. they had a 225 weight limit for the horse and i was well thinking i'm over that so i won't even try... i got home sunday and stood on the scale and what would you know it read 218...lol guess i could have ridden after all.

it was such a surprise to see that on the scale as with driving long distances 9plus hrs each way i had been picking at junk.. but in reality i guess i didn't really eat that much as i came home after a week with the same junk food that i put in my car at the start of a 9hr drive :-)..

hope every one else is in a happy place today too

Well guess what... I'm probably going to Japan in October. It's a business trip but so what? I'm getting to the Far East on the company dime.

If this had happened before surgery and the weight loss, I'd have been so worried about what I could wear, and what kind of impression I'd be making to my Japanese colleagues, that I'd be miserable. Now, I'm just excited. Thank goodness for this band and my new hips.

Well guess what... I'm probably going to Japan in October. It's a business trip but so what? I'm getting to the Far East on the company dime.

If this had happened before surgery and the weight loss, I'd have been so worried about what I could wear, and what kind of impression I'd be making to my Japanese colleagues, that I'd be miserable. Now, I'm just excited. Thank goodness for this band and my new hips.

There is noting quite like seeing the world on company $$ i recently got to travel to Israel for work also..thankfully before the recent trouble and had the same concern.. while not at goal weight yet i felt so much better was so excited i could close the seat belt never mind room for my butt..

congrats on the trip you will knock their socks off

Yay go walking Far East on company dime awesome !!!

tomorrow is the big day getting in a plane 100lbs lighter . A little anxiety my first real vacation since being banded and the new healthy me. It's funny what's in my carry on bag my Protein powder Protein Bars and Vitamins and sneakers. I'm so different in such an amazing way. Packed to much not because in afraid things won't fit it I'll be uncomfortable but I love my new wardrobe lol. I will miss you guys here for the week . I am going to work my band and new healthy life style. I'm bit nervous about gaining I guess that's the next step in the losing process . It's my first week away from my gym but i plan on working out on the cruise they have a track and gym. :)

My cruise sails tomorrow. Last cruise was two years ago and I couldn't get off the ship. This time around I'm going snuba diving and horseback riding on the beach. What a difference!

I LOVE that we really get to enjoy our healthy movable lives now , everybody ENJOY ad have a good time in or where ever you are , , look at us traveling , getting on subways, busses planes and bikes and we fit , it is wonderful .

Happy Saturday from Carolina Beach, NC!

post-148009-0-46783800-1405771710_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46569[/ATTACH]

@@SillyAuntDi my sister lives in Carolina Beach. My father and stepmom are on there way there now to see her. Looks awesome have fun!!