Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dylanmiles we all have different issues ,but we have the tool to help us ,so work with your tool and do what is best for YOU be comfortable in whatever you wear and do eat ,have fun just eat what your tool will allow or in moderation ,you will be fine ,sometimes we have set backs ,we just have to get back on the wagon and grab the reins and steer in the right direction ,but dance and have fun ,yes dancing is a fun way to exercise, quit beating yourself up and remember we got our health and mobility back and what we had to go through to get it back ,have fun and enjoy.

Completed my first 5k today!! My company had the largest amount of participants this year.

Awesome woo hoo

Lisa, way to go -- so happy for you! What an accomplishment. I have registered for a 5K in September but I think I will be fast walking rather than running. I don't think my joints can take running at this point. I walk nearly every day so that part is not an event -- the real milestone here for me is being a part of a big group exercise activity and feeling comfortable doing it. That is huge for me and something I never would have considered before.

Glad to catch up on this thread. I lost it for a while but here it is. I need my peeps!

My cruise takes off August 10. I am both excited and fearful! I haven't had a real gain since I had my surgery. I keep waiting for it to happen. I think if it's going to happen, it's going to happen on that cruise! I keep seeing all the food options...lord have mercy! But, I love to cruise and I've never been on a Disney Cruise before. And, I've scheduled a nature walk/kayak tour for one of the excursions...something I would never have been able to do before. I'm READY to go.

Sorry I've been absent for a while. I've been distracted by a new job, vacations, family stuff...life in general.

Good to see how well everyone is doing!

diane

I posted in selfies but thought I would post here ,because someone said something it made me feel Real good ,I don't think I have lost but the inches are falling and I am good with that.

post-139624-0-30694800-1406735772_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46906[/ATTACH]

post-139624-0-40726200-1406735794_thumb.png

So here it is almost 2 years post open in September ,yes I know it's the end of July ,but I was hoping to make goal by my banderversery and I may by it just made me feel good because I was having a hard time with my thyroid and other issues ,so here is a front and backside.

[ATTACH]46907[/ATTACH]

Edited by Debbie3sons

My cruise takes off August 10. I am both excited and fearful! I haven't had a real gain since I had my surgery. I keep waiting for it to happen. I think if it's going to happen, it's going to happen on that cruise! I keep seeing all the food options...lord have mercy! But, I love to cruise and I've never been on a Disney Cruise before. And, I've scheduled a nature walk/kayak tour for one of the excursions...something I would never have been able to do before. I'm READY to go.

Sorry I've been absent for a while. I've been distracted by a new job, vacations, family stuff...life in general.

Good to see how well everyone is doing!

diane

Don't assume you'll gain anything Di. If you do, no big deal but I found it easier to walk away from the food than I thought. And because I was moving so well and so pain free, it was pretty easy to keep to my healthy eating plan. Yes, it's alot of food, but if you stick to Protein and fresh veggies, you'll be fine. There is always fish or other lean Proteins available and there is a great variety of veggies as well. You'll do fine!

You're so active now, Di. Don't worry....be happy. Will there be dancing on board? You're going to have a blast.....deb, great pix!

Hey just thought I would chime in here today , and let everyone know our Sweet Carolingirl is this Month's spotlight member, congrats to her, ok everyone bbq have a great fun filled day.

so proud of CG .. She is a true "spotlight" in the bariatric world. I think she is a star . I have been inspired and motivated by her "no bs" attitude.. for over a year. Kudo's to her.

Hey just thought I would chime in here today , and let everyone know our Sweet Carolingirl is this Month's spotlight member, congrats to her, ok everyone bbq have a great fun filled day.

Oh, I want to see that. Where can I find it?

It's in this Month's bariatric pal newsletter, on the site scroll down to see the news letter, that Alex & his team post.

OK, I saw it. Very nice! I know CG doesn't post much anymore, but she is still my inspiration.

I agree, but she does blog on Carolina girl WordPress, if you look back she said we could find her there, I did text her & let her know.

I agree, but she does blog on Carolina girl WordPress, if you look back she said we could find her there, I did text her & let her know.

Oh good. Thanks.

Checking in in everyone . August going so fast almost that dreaded back to school time. Life is happening so fast and enjoying every minute of it despite my slight weightloss stall /plateau. I know I'll get through it just cont to make the right choices first stall in 13 months can't complain .

Despite what the scale says I had done funny NSV a friends mother in law stopped at my sisters house and I was not expected to be there. She never met my sis before but knew me and was. Picking something up for my friend. I answered the door she introduced herself and said you look so much like so-so. I said I sure hope so because I am her!!! After we all laughed she said I wasn't kidding I didn't recognize you. Then last night I went to a party and I thought it was odd my friends bro in law who rarely talks to people he doesn't know ( I have known the family for 4 years) was a little cold to me barely replied to my hello. The next day she said you know my bro in law had no idea who you are she said idk ur still the same person just a smaller size lol