Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi June 30th buddies! Less than 48 hours to go! My surgery is at 10:30am and I have to be at the hospital at 8:30am. My pre-op diet included vegetables for the first 5 days, which was great, but now it is 3 shakes/day and Clear Liquids only for the final two days. I feel a little weak but ok. I was quite hungry so I heated up a big bowl of vegetable broth and that is definitely helping. Has anyone starting packing for the hospital yet or shopping for the first few days at home? Here are my lists: hospital: phone and charger vaseline or chapstick magazine (for the pre-op waiting room) gas-x strips small pillow for the car ride home what I bought for the first few days: Vitamin Water zero small disposable cups crystal light vegetable broth sugar-free Jello sugar-free popsicles Decaf teabags What's on your list? I hope everyone is managing the pre-op jitters ok!

not long now....hope everyone is packed and gets a good nights sleep. We are going to be on the losers bench and on the way to onederland! Good luck and God bless to all the June 30th sleevers. I will be at my hospital at 0530 and in the OR at 0730. Exciting!

Just finished my first or surgery shower and antibiotic cleanse. I check in at 730 am tom! Good luck everyone! You will all be in my thoughts and prayers! Goodbye 80% of our stomach!!!

Tomorrow is the day!! The house is cleaned, all laundry is done, went to the store and stocked up for myself and then the hubby and kids...I'm all packed and ready to go...I think :/ my nerves have been on a roller coaster of emotions today. I have been reading too many posts about leaks today and I'm just trying to stay positive. I wish everyone the best of luck and lots of prayers are sent your ways from Texas. Here's to a better us :)

He fellow sleevers!! How's everyone feeling? I'm not terrible but under my ribs and around my back is killing be. Thought it was gas so I went for a few laps but didn't really help much. Must just be surgical soreness

Hi! I am doing good- some discomfort but not awful. Walking a lot in the hopes it will help. I hope all my buddies are ok!

Hi! I am doing good- some discomfort but not awful. Walking a lot in the hopes it will help. I hope all my buddies are ok!

I was home in less than 24 hrs. Nothing hurts when sitting or lying still, but getting up is tough-I'm very sore on the left side. I just took a swig of liquid Vicodin and that really tasted like cr. I need to pull out my paperwork. Really can't imagine doing anything other than sipping Water today and sleeping. Today is the first of 2 days on clear liquids then onto "full". I walked quite a bit at the hospital but it's too hot out right now. Will walk more later. Take care July 1's. July2nd peeps-good luck!

He fellow sleevers!! How's everyone feeling? I'm not terrible but under my ribs and around my back is killing be. Thought it was gas so I went for a few laps but didn't really help much. Must just be surgical soreness

My left hip flexor is super sore-weird.

I had mine done on June 30th (yesterday) as well. I'd love to hear from anyone else who is also Day One post-op. It's weird, isn't it?

I had mine done on June 30th (yesterday) as well. I'd love to hear from anyone else who is also Day One post-op. It's weird, isn't it?

I'm not nauseated, but every time I take a sip of Water, it feels like it's sitting at the bottom of my esophagus. Dr. says it's because of the stitches in the hiatal hernia. Sure hope that goes away -I'm a little concerned about getting Water in ( and Protein starting tomorrow). He also told me to get some milk of magnesia if I get constipated from the anesthia.

I'm not nauseated, but every time I take a sip of Water, it feels like it's sitting at the bottom of my esophagus. Dr. says it's because of the stitches in the hiatal hernia. Sure hope that goes away -I'm a little concerned about getting Water in ( and Protein starting tomorrow). He also told me to get some milk of magnesia if I get constipated from the anesthia.

Hi... good for you that you did it. I've been cruising the forums and it said that you can't expect to have a bowel movement for at least five days. What kind of surgery did you have? I had lap-band with plication. I'm a little sore -- and foggy! -- but that's about it. Last night was rough. The pain meds are awful (have you had to take any?) and taking pills -- like my regular prescription pills -- have been a pain. But I am (literally) here for you if you wanna write me.

Hi... good for you that you did it. I've been cruising the forums and it said that you can't expect to have a bowel movement for at least five days. What kind of surgery did you have? I had lap-band with plication. I'm a little sore -- and foggy! -- but that's about it. Last night was rough. The pain meds are awful (have you had to take any?) and taking pills -- like my regular prescription pills -- have been a pain. But I am (literally) here for you if you wanna write me.

I had the sleeve. He gave me liquid Vicodin for home. I just had my first swig and it tastes like crap (even holding my nose). My incisions have a ball attached (some kind of lidocaine that helps with incision soreness. I'll pull that out myself tomorrow. Stay in touch!

Wow. I wish I had liquid vicodin! So much easier than the pills and I worry about getting things stuck But I did just discover this web-site and it's been very interesting reading other people's stories. How is your state of mind? And what are you doing (besides reading this)? Do you have any energy? I'm curious as to when I'll be driving or going anywhere, but it probably won't be for awhile. My doctor suggested I start going to OA meetings. I did go to one pre-op, and it was semi-interesting. I'll try it again. What are you doing for support? I'm in LA so there's lots of support groups here.

Wow. I wish I had liquid vicodin! So much easier than the pills and I worry about getting things stuck But I did just discover this web-site and it's been very interesting reading other people's stories. How is your state of mind? And what are you doing (besides reading this)? Do you have any energy? I'm curious as to when I'll be driving or going anywhere, but it probably won't be for awhile. My doctor suggested I start going to OA meetings. I did go to one pre-op, and it was semi-interesting. I'll try it again. What are you doing for support? I'm in LA so there's lots of support groups here.

Low energy today. Did some walking and took two naps. Also caught up on some work emails. I know it will get better each day. Right now, my biggest concern is how long that tight feeling ion my esophagus will last. I have to go to a " first bite" class with the NUT and another class with the psychologist. My dr also has a monthly support class. I'll probably attend that until I get the hang of this. I have a business meeting next wed and my follow visit with the dr on thurs. I'm planning on driving to both.

Home from the hospital but feeling cranky- nurse had the pharmacy hours wrong and it was closed by the time we got there so I couldn't get my liquid painkiller and none of the other 5 nearby pharmacies had it. Finally gave up and called my surgeon's office and they paged him and he called me in something that my regular pharmacy carries. My mom is out now picking it up and I am so looking forward to the next dose! Not in terrible pain but very achy and sore and having trouble getting into a comfortable position. Recliner feels best but then I have to keep pushing off my cat, who is dying to sit in my lap. Drinking some Vitamin Water zero to keep hydrated which is ok as long as I go slow. Hope everything has a good night!

Hello everyone! I'm doing good--how my leak test this morning--no leaks. However, they kept me in the hospital a second night. Started clear liquids--having trouble getting enough in--because on the tightness in my esophagus. Glad to hear others are doing well