Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEWBIES..... LETS STICK TOGETHER

I'm 32 from Texas 5'2, 250lbs, supposed to have my surgery July 21st..So nervous but excited..I know all the tests n labs get tiring so hope it all goes well for you guys. We're about to start our journey to a new life Thank God!

where in Texas I am in Dallas. Surgery on the 30th.
I am a nurse as well currently working in Doha, Qatar. I am 5'3 and 260lbs. I am having my surgery in Thailand. I have completed all the required testing and I am just waiting on my surgery date to come!! Very nervous and excited. Hope we can exchange information and experiences.

After reseahing some different VSG plans sounds like some surgeons diet plan is most closey like Dr, Stillman's diet from a long time ago...low carb, low fat and low calorie and understandably so they all want you to lose fast pretty fast.

I'm 32 from Texas 5'2, 250lbs, supposed to have my surgery July 21st..So nervous but excited..I know all the tests n labs get tiring so hope it all goes well for you guys. We're about to start our journey to a new life Thank God!

where in Texas I am in Dallas. Surgery on the 30th.
I'm in Dallas too. I was sleeved Tuesday. I chose dr stowers in decatur. Everything has gone perfect. Their staff and the hospital have been awesome. I think the time before the surgery gives you time to prepare. And answer almost any question you can think of.

Hello. I am currently weighing 340 lbs. I found out I am scheduled for surgery on august 11. Im super excited and scared at the dame time. I have had an extremely close and unhealthy relationship with food and it is all about to change. I have a daughter and husband and although I feel content as I am right now I do wish I could feel more comfortable with my body and my daily activities. I was strongly suggested to become part of a support group and strongly believe in reading everybody's journeys and identifying with of you.

I am currently waiting from my cardiologist and PCP clearance and should be good for surgery. I cannot wait to start taking control of my body and start doing all the things I have only dreamed on doing. I will start to write a To Do list and hopefully share with you my accomplishments and what nots.

Toodles

I'm in Dallas too. I was sleeved Tuesday. I chose dr stowers in decatur. Everything has gone perfect. Their staff and the hospital have been awesome. I think the time before the surgery gives you time to prepare. And answer almost any question you can think of.

I am having mine done by Dr Bell at Medical City ...he and his staff are amazing. I have been a nurse for 16 years and I absolutely love him. Keep posting let me know how you do we can support each other !

Hi everyone. I am new too. I have just started and I am hoping to have my surgery in November this year. Good luck to you all and happy losing :)

I am scheduled for Nov as well.....

I am anemic and was told I have a vit D deficiency (but I live in WA state so I expect that). I was told to take a Calcium w/ Vitamin D supplement. My surg date is set for 8/13 after 9 or 10 long mos. If the surgeon has a cancellation I will have it sooner. Just reading, researching and getting things ready as I continue the wait game.

I am anemic and was told I have a vit D deficiency (but I live in WA state so I expect that). I was told to take a Calcium w/ Vitamin D supplement. My surg date is set for 8/13 after 9 or 10 long mos. If the surgeon has a cancellation I will have it sooner. Just reading, researching and getting things ready as I continue the wait game.

I too am having a long wait, 6 months. Mine will be July 25th. This site provided a lot of useful information and great support through these last months of waiting. Helped to pass the time. It will be here before you know it. Good luck with everything.

I'm a newbie, just loaded my app today. My surgery date was May 8, 2014. Since my surgery, I have lost 40lbs. I reached my first goal in 41 days, yay me!!!!! But finding it hard to keep my Fluid intake to what it needs to be. Any suggestions?

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=58.378537,-134.584867&zoom=14&markers=58.378537,-134.584867&size=400x300&sensor=true

Edited by Stanzjan

My initial consult date is scheduled for 6/30. And while I know that my surgery is not going to be until fall, I have my mind set firmly, now. I was browsing the Tj Maxx tonight. Not looking for anything. Typically, I love just running through the women's plus racks. I flipped through them and didn't see anything I liked well enough to buy to wear until fall. Next I went over to the PJs section. I didn't see anything in plus sizes. Only XL and smaller. And, you know what. I didn't feel bad. I found myself thinking, " if they are still here this fall/winter, they'll be cheaper when they fit". lol I know it's the littlest things.

I've also found myself not talking to anyone about it anymore. Well, except for one friend who is having the sleeve done in July. Clearly, there are no judgements or anything from her. When I told a couple of friends that I was considering looking into the surgery to see if my insurance covers it etc, I got warnings from my one plus sized friend and then shock from my size 10 friend. I havent spoken to them about it since. Now, I'm just on an inspired high. I can't wait to get through the initial consult and start my 3 month weight management program.

Hello All!

I'm Steph and I am just starting my journey to VSG! I spoke to my PCP & Endocrinologist (Hypothyroid & Diabetic) and both support my decision. My first appointment at my chosen Weight & Wellness Center is tomorrow with Psych.

At this point only three people know I am going to do this - my husband, my boss (wanted to let her know since I'll have to take time off for appointments and eventually surgery/recovery) and my best friend at work. All have been very supportive of me!

My insurance requires me to complete 6 months of counseling through them (from what I understand it's a phone call with a counselor once a month discussing lifestyle change) Other than that it seems like the surgeon's requirements are pretty standard (psych, nutrition, an immersion day where we have group counseling, meet a surgeon etc) I am hoping for surgery in February

Good luck to everyone!! I look forward to following all your successes!!

I just scheduled my endo and sleep study consults for August so I can schedule those start of Sept. Then just my monthly nutrionist appointments. ...time will fly I'm sure.

Ordered my Vitamins online huge sale so decided let's start taking them now get use to them.

Scheduled for Nov but thanks to my insurance have have a 6 month wait....but it's all good let's me get stuff in order ahead of time

Just spoke with scheduling today and i chose August 19th. This process has been extremely easy. I started in April and it only took this long because i had to lose 35 lbs. I really can't believe it's all happening and am in a state of disbelief. But, I'm beyond excited. I just hate that I'm on this all liquid diet for eight weeks but i know it's gonna be all worth it in the end!

Hi Newbies, I'm scheduled for "the Sleeve," July 3rd. I am so ready for this! I've been on liquids for a month now and had trouble at first now I'm just trying to regulate my digestion with Probiotics. Anyone else have suggestions about this? My Dr. office doesn't seem concerned about insurance issues, that's a little unnerving, yikes. I've lost 53 lbs since January although I started on my own and met with Dr. in February. I have not missed food until today and if I thought I wasn't having this Surgery on Thursday I think I would be in epic sabotage mode right now. Sooo Excited about my journey. I've found some inexpensive ways to flavor up my Protein and still keep my calories at about 1000 a day. Yoga is helping with my center and balance, love the wii fit. I would love to hear how everyone is doing post surgery? I intend to journal the process, hopefully to share. Good luck everyone, it's an exciting and stressful journey but the end results will be worth it!

Edited by finallyfree101

did you buy your Vitamins on sale online? Nutritionist told me to wait until 3 weeks after surgery but I'm ready to order from Bariatric Advantage and the wellness center.