Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEWBIES..... LETS STICK TOGETHER

Google "Swollen Sleeve video", certainly explains why liquids go down so slow right after and why so important to follow doctors diet

I would think every surgeon would tell this to their patient so they would know what to expect, guess not because there's so many here (in general) that don't know why they can't get liquids down at first

I'm a newbie! I have my first appt/consultation tomorrow and CANNOT wait. I already verified with my insurance to see if there will be anything extra that I would have to do after my appt before I can schedule and they said no- it's up to my pcp's office to approve it. So hopefully I can post good news tomorrow!

Hi, I'm pretty new, had my op on the 14 <br> Basically 2 days out, haven't been able to keep anything down <br> Drinking apple juice, just trying to keep sipping <br> Acid reflux, bad gas...basically with every sip I gag and burp

Does the apple juice your drinking have added sugar. Your not suppose to drink or eat anything high in sugar. That could be why your acidic & nauseated.

I just started all the office visits and lab work. I have a visit with the cardiologist scheduled, lifestyle classes scheduled, psych visit scheduled. I'm very excited to be able to get the surgery, can't wait to get it done so I can get this weight off for good! Best of luck to you all!

I just finished mine. Whew. .. It was a lot. But now only 22 more days and I go for my final appointment before scheduling surgery date. You'll get there! I had psychologist& psychiatric evaluations, sleep study, stress test, ultrasound, upper gi, gallbladder surgery, nutritionist visit and 2 blood work ordered.

I finished my tests in April and just got my date on Friday. July 3rd. now i am nervous. The weight was the insurance not the doctor.

That stinks that you can't keep your liquids down! I had to stay in the hospital three nights not just one. Just because my doctor felt more comfortable. I will tell you the x ray test with the liquid after that test I regretted my surgery at first. I kept gagging and wanting to throw up. I thought I was going to die during that test! Tomorrow marks my one week since being sleeved and trust me...it's worth it. My doctor fixed my Hiatal Hernia while he was in the procedure so luckily I do not get heart burn or anything anymore. When you wake up from surgery, your mainly sore where the "main" spot was. Where the ripped the bottom of your stomach out. Still hurts even now. Feels like your socked in the stomach. It will pass. Now that I am starting to see results, (18 lbs in 6 days) down it's totally worth it! Hope this helps! Also get gasx strips they will be your life saver!!! ????????????????????????????????

That stinks that you can't keep your liquids down! I had to stay in the hospital three nights not just one. Just because my doctor felt more comfortable. I will tell you the x ray test with the liquid after that test I regretted my surgery at first. I kept gagging and wanting to throw up. I thought I was going to die during that test! Tomorrow marks my one week since being sleeved and trust me...it's worth it. My doctor fixed my Hiatal Hernia while he was in the procedure so luckily I do not get heart burn or anything anymore. When you wake up from surgery, your mainly sore where the "main" spot was. Where the ripped the bottom of your stomach out. Still hurts even now. Feels like your socked in the stomach. It will pass. Now that I am starting to see results, (18 lbs in 6 days) down it's totally worth it! Hope this helps! Also get gasx strips they will be your life saver!!! ddc4dddc4dddc4dddc4dddcaaddcaaddcaaddcaa

I had the exact issue when I had the test a few days after surgery. I stayed 3 days as well. That was the worse thing I've had to to that barium swallow. Eeew!! Gags me thinking about it. Lol

Count me in, I am a newb too!

I get my bloodtest, EKG etc on July 7, consultation on July 8, surgery date is July 22 if all is good.

Are you from Louisiana?

Yes I am from Cajun country lol

I'm also from Louisiana.

They have a Louisiana thread but not too many post there

I am also from Louisiana and will be sleeved August 20th.

I get my bloodtest, EKG etc on July 7, consultation on July 8, surgery date is July 22 if all is good.

Are you from Louisiana?

I'm also from Louisiana.

Good luck. Who's doing your surgery? What part of Louisiana are you from?

Dr. Thomas Borland in New Iberia and from New Iberia

<p>Dr. Thomas Borland in New Iberia and from New Iberia</p>

I had my done in Houston Dr Holder-Haynes. I'm from Westlake it's next to lake Charles.

Are you from Louisiana?

I'm also from Louisiana.

Good luck. Who's doing your surgery? What part of Louisiana are you from?

Thank you!! I am super excited and have gotten obsessed with learning all I can. Dr. Garcia, Ready4Achange in Tijuana. a little community in the northeast area.

Edited by cntrydebi

I thought a long time about going to Mexico but my regular doctor and husband didn't want me to. My regular doctor said that he didn't think my insurance would cover me back in the US if anything went wrong, I am going the self-pay route as it is.

and after doing some reserching on it, didn't seem like I would be saving that much money.

Dr. Thomas Borland in New Iberia and from New Iberia

Me too!!! When is your surgery what is your story?!?