Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEWBIES..... LETS STICK TOGETHER

Congratulations!!!! How are you feeling?

Thank you! I am feeling better today than I have the other days that I've been home. I'm not the kind that really "takes it easy" and that really bit me in the butt. The day after I got home I went grocery shopping with my sister, got extremely hot and felt terrible the rest of the day. I've found a pretty good balance between activity and rest the last two days and today I felt great. Also, the gas pains have gone away for the most part which has been the most painful part for me. If I'm being honest, I don't eat or drink as much as they told me too because I feel like I physically can't. It took me two days to eat a whole container of yogurt lol

Hi everyone. My surgery date is sept 3. Looking forward to a fresh new start.

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie but THIS CLOSE to getting my DOS. I have two more pounds to lose before I get to set the date with my surgeon. But I'm staying positive! This has been one heck of a process. I'm so glad I joined this forum, finding support has been such a struggle! Anyone else in their mid 20's going through this?? None of my friends get the struggle.

Hey everyone! I'm a newbie but THIS CLOSE to getting my DOS. I have two more pounds to lose before I get to set the date with my surgeon. But I'm staying positive! This has been one heck of a process. I'm so glad I joined this forum, finding support has been such a struggle! Anyone else in their mid 20's going through this?? None of my friends get the struggle.

I'm in my early 20s but we're close to the same page. I'm 22. Hoping to have my rny in November :D

Congrats!!!! That's quite the wait!! Staying positive is a lot harder than I thought it would be. But seeing everyone on here being so supportive is really up lifting. How far along are you in the process?

I'm trucking along on my insurance criteria check list. Hoping for a November surgery. I had my consult with surgeon on June 30th, 2014. I had my reg. dietitian eval on July 15th, 2014. Next appt with her is scheduled for Aug 19th. Likewise with mid Sep and mid Oct. I had my psych eval on July 24th. Spoke to my primary care dr on the afternoon of July 24th. PCP is very supportive. My surgeon wants to get clearance from my rheumatologist since my auto immune diseases are in a flare right now. I've been on meds to treat them since May 20th. So, I doubly hope the meds put me into remission so that my rheumatologist will give her approval. As of July 17th, she said "not a good idea right now". Which I agree. But, I explained that it wouldn't be until the end of the year, anyway. So she promised that we'd talk about it again in a couple of months. Anyway, that's where I stand. I have the three more registered dietitian appts through Mid October. Then that'll check off the insurance criteria. I am on heavy steroids right now though between daily oral doses and a couple of injections in last few weeks. It's an uphill battle to distract my insatiable steroid appetite. blah.

I'm trucking along on my insurance criteria check list. Hoping for a November surgery. I had my consult with surgeon on June 30th, 2014. I had my reg. dietitian eval on July 15th, 2014. Next appt with her is scheduled for Aug 19th. Likewise with mid Sep and mid Oct. I had my psych eval on July 24th. Spoke to my primary care dr on the afternoon of July 24th. PCP is very supportive. My surgeon wants to get clearance from my rheumatologist since my auto immune diseases are in a flare right now. I've been on meds to treat them since May 20th. So, I doubly hope the meds put me into remission so that my rheumatologist will give her approval. As of July 17th, she said "not a good idea right now". Which I agree. But, I explained that it wouldn't be until the end of the year, anyway. So she promised that we'd talk about it again in a couple of months. Anyway, that's where I stand. I have the three more registered dietitian appts through Mid October. Then that'll check off the insurance criteria. I am on heavy steroids right now though between daily oral doses and a couple of injections in last few weeks. It's an uphill battle to distract my insatiable steroid appetite. blah.

Good luck now and down the road, u can do it!

Congrats!!!! That's quite the wait!! Staying positive is a lot harder than I thought it would be. But seeing everyone on here being so supportive is really up lifting. How far along are you in the process?

August starts month 4/6 on my official preop diet but I've been on this road for about a year now. It's hard but I'm excited that it's all finally ending (or beginning :D)

I've been a member here for a long time, since I began thinking about having lap band (2008 I think). It's now 2014 and I have finally decided to have WLS. I went to the informational emetine last October wanting Lapband, after lots of research I decided that getting sleeved would be a better idea. I finally had my first appt. on May 8. My surgeon said surgery would be about the end of October or early November. I'm scared, I'm excited. The last couple of months have been so stressful that I've only lost 1 pound since my first appt. I'm worried. I still need a couple more things for testing. I also need a letter of support from my doctor. I'm nervous that she won't give it to me and she's the only doctor I've been too in almost 5 years. So here's my stats:

I'm 40 years old

5'5"

260 pounds

Size 16

I can't wait to have this surgery and one day post before and after pics. Everyone here is so inspiring.

I'm nervous now. I'm 16 days away and my friend keeps telling me stories about people that had the sleeve and are down to size 2. I can't imagine I would look good at a size 2. I would probably look sickly. Can I get your (meaning anybody) thought on this.

I'm nervous now. I'm 16 days away and my friend keeps telling me stories about people that had the sleeve and are down to size 2. I can't imagine I would look good at a size 2. I would probably look sickly. Can I get your (meaning anybody) thought on this.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting too skinny.

You have to take into consideration how tall you are and your bone structure. Someone who got down to a size 2 May very well be healthy at that weight. Me...not so much as I am 5'9" and know that the weight I want to be might get me to a 10 or 8 and will give me a healthy BMI.

If you want to see what someone at your height looks like based on their weight and size check out mybodygallery.com - that helped me to see what I might look like at goal and helped me decide what would be too low for me.

Initially your calorie count will be low as you heal and get used to your sleeve. As you get more comfortable and get closer to your goal weight you'll eat more.

If you ever feel like your weight is too low or your calorie count is preventing you from maintaining at a weight you're comfortable with, see your nutritionist and work on a plan that will keep you where you want to be and are healthiest at. As long as you realize you will have an ongoing relationship with your nutritionist and the rest of your care team you'll be fine! Good luck!! =)

Edited by BurberryPlaid

Thank you. I think the closer I get the more scared I am. I was thinking today how much everything in our lives seems to circle around food. My husband loves to eat and I have always been a good cook. Does anyone feel that the sleeve has affected their cooking for the family?

Yes I totally understand what you're talking about

My husband loves to eat he's a southern man and his life is encompassed by food. I refuse to have surgery and not. Take care of myself.Im starting my liq diet on the 11th and he volunteered to join me...im starting to get really nervous about surgery also realizing that not only is my life gonna change drastically but my family lives as well..Healthier choices all around....