Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 weeks post op and slow weight loss

I'm only losing 1 maybe 2 pounds a week ! Getting on average 60 gr of Protein per day. Seems like I'm just eating meat, eggs , and a Protein Shake . No bread. It just seems like I would be losing more!

If you have been on here long, you will notice a post almost identical to yours just about every other day. The first month I only lost 1-2 lb a week also. For me it picked up at the time I was able to up my calories. If I can hit 800 calories that's when I get my biggest losses. Your Protein seems a little low to me. I aim for 75 minimum but try for higher. Be patient, the scale is moving and will continue to as long as you make wise choices.

Tammylb - I'm right there with you. I only lost 18 lbs since my surgery on April 14th. We will get thru this.

That's all my Dr. expects me to lose a week, 1-2 pounds. I guess I'm a slow loser also! Slow and steady wins the race! And at least we're losing! Thank God!

I've been stalled for two and a half weeks!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I know if I just stick with the program I will get moving again, but I understand your frustration. I have been pretty bummed about the slow loss, but I remember reading somewhere that another person who experienced the same thing felt like the sleeve was what kept her moving through the plateaus and without it, pre sleeve, she would have given up and gone back to her bad eating. That's what I am banking on. It's hard to go back to Doritos with this new tummy :)

1-2 pounds a week is good and healthy and ultimately your skin will look better than if you lost it faster :)

I've been stalled for two and a half weeks!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I know if I just stick with the program I will get moving again, but I understand your frustration. I have been pretty bummed about the slow loss, but I remember reading somewhere that another person who experienced the same thing felt like the sleeve was what kept her moving through the plateaus and without it, pre sleeve, she would have given up and gone back to her bad eating. That's what I am banking on. It's hard to go back to Doritos with this new tummy :)

1-2 pounds a week is good and healthy and ultimately your skin will look better than if you lost it faster :)

It's very true what you said. .losing slowly, our skin will look a little better. .giving it time to catch up. Will be 5 wks tomorrow. .down 11 lbs. .that's extremely slow. But then again I do have hypothyroid and I haven't been able to lose weight pre sleeve. Slow is better than nothing. Hope I see a change on the scale soon.

All losses are good losses fellow sleevers. I'm in a stall and embrace the fact that it shall pass - as long as there are no big increases we are winners and on the way to healthier lives.

We will conquer, stay positive :-)

So glad I'm not the only one feeling like that! I am 4 weeks post (sleeved 4/21/14) and I am only down 14-15 lbs. I fluctuate between 291 and 290 for over almost 2 weeks now. I have been having a hard time getting enough Protein and Water in though. I recently bought some whey isolate protein (60g protein per scoop) that my DH makes a protein smoothie with in the morning and I drink half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. I had a hard time keeping up with that when i returned to work. I am hoping that if I can keep getting enough protein in and try getting all my water in my body will start moving the weight again. I even walk at the mall near my work at lunch, 1 1/3 mile (twice around the inside) almost every day. Hang in there everyone!

I'm 3 weeks post op today, and I've gained 2 lbs! I'm like "Really?" Walking an hour a day on the treadmill. I'll admit I'm not getting enough Protein, and trying to get this 64 oz of Water in a day. I didn't expect this to be this hard. I envy those who it just seems effortless for the weight to come off. I'm also scared of eating the wrong thing. I feel like I should be in a bubble! Lol.

Here's to hoping the weight will start coming off again soon!