Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, all I'm going to say, is that if people don't start to use the 'search Forums' function...I may have to have a Michael Douglas Whammy Burger moment.

It's not that hard. ALL of the information you require will be there (with the exception of a few, personally focussed nuances and topics).

If your topic is not original, do us all a favour; thoroughly exhaust the search function and if there is something not covered (which I doubt it won't be), THEN ask! Ideally making reference to what you have read so far and how and why, the information presented did not cover your specific area of interest/concern.

If you don't know how to search - please ask us. We will be MORE than happy to help.

Its just and outside of this, the general laziness permeating the threads is starting to get on my mammary glands.

For those of the 'bleeding heart' brigade who will no doubt mew in my general direction: 'But some people are new. Some people need special attention. Don't be mean. You need to be more compassionate. You were new once. This serves no purpose but to scare people away from posting' (etc.etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum)

Bite me. I have never been 'lazy' in the pursuit of information which will allay my fears and build upon my knowledge for a proposed action which really should not be taken lightly, so why are other people?

If someone is incapable of using the search function through internet inexperience - this is one thing. (See above). But I find for those who have already managed to insert Giff's and tickers to their signatures, this is not applicable - so why haven't they searched first? If you evidence that you've searched (not just stating 'I've searched', moving on to ask the same bleedin' question, thus indicating you haven't actually been bothered to search!) and there's a genuine need for additional and unique information - there's not a person in the world who won't help you.

However and I'm just going to put it out there. If you're this lazy in response to finding out the critical information YOU need for YOUR surgery and post operative care; how does this bode for your attitude post surgery?

If you can't be bothered now, will you be bothered later?

Or is this just emblematic of the attitude 'Its not me, it's them.' Absolving yourself of all responsibility?

So and to summarize; take the initiative people. Use your brains. Read, analyse, compare, contrast, critique - THEN ask questions.

You will gain far more from it and the website will also benefit. I concede that the search function on this site is a bit laborious. However, by showing some effort, the people who genuinely want to help you will be invigorated to do so - valuing the efforts you've already made to push the debate on and contribute to the ever-growing invaluable pot of knowledge on Bariatric Pal. Failure to do so will just fill the the site with repetitive, unanswered questions, because those who are capable of helping have become exhausted and their pot of compassion depleted, by those whom seem to think that THEIR questions are more important/relevant/unique than anyone else's?

The Quest for knowledge should be a daily mission. It is how we learn and grow. Asking people to spoon feed you pap, like baby food, will do nothing for you long term and will do nothing for this community, either.

Maybe have a think about that, before you post another 'done to death' topic; expecting the world to rally to your call. 'Cause after a while, people just won't respond and all thats been affected, is to leave the site a wasteland full of whistling wind and tumbleweed.

Rant over.

<Wanders off grumbling, back to her cave of mean> :blink:

Not everyone on this site have the intellect that you do my dear. Nor do they have the ability to put so elegantly your rants. Some people like myself are somewhat computer illiterate and I make exceptions for that....

I am not tired out of answering questions that I feel need to be addressed over and over again. I hope that maybe the way I reply might, just might be the right thing said to ease someones mind. Or answer questions. Most people today can wield a computer like a sword never miss anything and have all the ins and outs covered...I wish I were them, but I am not....

So I try to do what I can with the limits I have until one day I get brave and fit in some boring computer courses....hmmmmm...

You slay me Revs. Please don't ever change......Just reading your threads make me smile!

REALLY!!?? You need to take a chill pill, Madam Reverie. This place is for everyone to learn, vent, talk and enjoy the camaraderie of all of us in this unique situation. Everyone else here is seems so happy to help others as they were once helped themselves. If you don't fit this 'mold' anymore, well...goodbye...

Live and let live...if there is something that bothers you on this site, best to just ignore and move on. I also don't get bothered by the repetitive stuff on this site. It's a great site, resourceful and lots of people are nice here...so best to keep it that way.

@@Madam Reverie I find you delightfully grumbly and I understand what you're saying. I agree with the main point of your rant, being (I believe) "How many times do we need to see someone asking, 'Which Protein shakes are good?' So maybe a solution could be that the administrators need to 'pin' more FAQs to the top of the subforums....but it would still require people to read.

Look, if someone is functionally computer illiterate, then they're probably not on this site. The search function here is not the greatest, but it's also not too different from Google, yahoo, bing, etc. Type & hit enter.

Not trying to snark the BP community, you are all great & I value this site so much.

Edited by ChavaBling

I was so excited to read the title of your post. Stand-up comedy Revs...it is in your future!

But it's week two and I didn't lose any weight, and I lost 40 lbs the first week. I don't understand. This isn't working. I'm too weak from Clear Liquids to use the search box....

lol

So, this is an appropriate topic for the rants section... I went through a phase of feeling exactly what you expressed and then I realized WHY people don't search. It isn't laziness it is because they don't recognize that what they are going through applies to pretty much EVERYONE! It is a very personal emotional experience and people want to get a very personal and specific reply - since according to them, in the emotional state at that moment, they feel that they are the first and only person to ever deal with such angst/issue/question and it must be answered directly to them.

I remember that when I was trying muster the courage to revise from the band to the sleeve. I was pretty beaten down - I mean i really felt like I had failed and was a hopeless case. It was alot of direct info from Tiffikyns in particular that helped me process and work through my feelings. I happen to know that she cut and pasted info but at the time, her replies to ME felt very personal... like i was the only failure who might take a chance on the sleeve... this crazy "new" thing I had never heard of. That was the first glimmer of "believing" that this might work.

So, I cope by not reading or responding to the repetitive topics. I figure there are less burned out people than me to answer them - excited to share their knowledge! For a long time, I made an effort to reply to nearly every band to sleeve forum post... but I don't even do that anymore as there are others who do.

Maybe what you have to say @@CowgirlJane is very valuable to someone asking the question. And maybe you are the one that personally affects them in the right way. Each of us travel this trek differently and fear of failure and lack of trust in ourselves makes it difficult not to reach out at the time when you are panicking. Even if it has been addressed over and over again..

Even some of the worn out people on here that have traveled the road keep doing what they can to pay it forward.. I owe it to the people who helped me and others that are in my boots now....

So for now, i will try to help where I can and hope it helps someone somewhere.....

Hey MR, just promise us that YOU won't stop posting. I kind of love you . . .

Maybe, just saying, people just need to talk to someone else going through the same thing. Maybe some encouragement or to know someone else out there cares about your journey as well as their own. Not everyone tells their family, friends and co-workers but they would still like someone to talk to. Just my opinion.

Now I have King Cromson's Elephant Talk going through my heàd -- "I repeat myself when I'm under stress, I repeat myself when I'm under stress........" -- but that's better than an announcement about Jesus as I was afraid this post would be about. If we are ranting here, I find it annoying when people announce they are praying for some one who posts about a hard time, etc. Sweet Jesus, take it elsewhere!

As for new people posing same questions, I agree @@CowgirlJane that each person is enthralled in their own experience and looking for direct feedback. I got so much information ahead of my surgery from reading a zillion posts, but I also asked a lot of questions and am grateful for the people who answered/responded. The reiteration actually helps me remember where I came from and what I'm doing. When I tell my experience I'm telling myself something again, too.

Revs, I was wondering when you write again and you didn't fail us....Please don't stop your rants. I think I have woman-crush on you.

I agree with some of the other posters here...I just kind of move along when the repeated questions are asked, "Which Protein shake is the best?" or the irrational "My hair is on fire, what should I do?" "My incision is bleeding and oozing a green colored liquid - is this normal?" "2nd day post-op and I'm up 5 pounds WTF?" "3 weeks post-op and stalled - has this happened to you?"

I agree with Revs on the point of putting forth effort to look thru some old posts - Yes, stalls happen at three weeks and if you spent any time on this site, you would see that everyone stalls at some point and the three week stall is real.

OK - I'm off now...I'm going to weigh myself for the 5th time today to see if I've lost anything.