Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months and rocking it out! from Michigan

Welcome to the forum! Who was your doc? My mame is Kim and I am from Muskegon. Right around the corner. I am 5 months tom. So glad to have someone so close. Tell us a little more about yourself if you dont mind.

Dr. Gluck was also my surgeon. I love him! I'm 34, and I was 314 the day of my pre op appt, and am now 247. Woo! I am a hairstylist, but went back to school to become an RN last year. Ummm, I grew up in spring lake. Been here all my life. I've lived in Chicago though, and miss it so much. I can't wait for it to be nice enough to to REALLY enjoy the beach and stuff.

Who was your surgeon?

Edited by Sarahjane79

Hello I am also from Michigan I am in the Pierson, Howard City area. I was sleeved on April 16th and have lost 35.6 lbs so far. Its nice to see other michiganders on here.

Hey Kimba! To do a little check in, I have lost 5 pounds so now I am down 70 since surgery which will be six months tomorrow and lost 106 all together since I started this journey. I am 291 now, hoping by next Wednesday I will be in either the high or mid 280's. All this weekend for me has been a "not wanna eat" days. I didn't hardly get in the calories I need for the days and also the Protein. But I am back at it today. Been really good at not eating out! Yay me! But what I have done because I crave sweets SO much I talked with my doctor and he said in very careful moderation to have some sweets. So I had three chocolate covered pretzels and yesterday some sugar free Chocolate covered peanuts. It satisfied me and that was that. I can now fit into a size 2X at Old Navy. Had to get a new swim suit bottoms since the other ones fell right off me when I got out of the pool the other day. I have been working out, at least 5 times a day. Tonight I will be swimming then right back to the boot camp challenge. Hope your week is going well. Also welcome all new people! Its great to hear from other people around Michigan who have done WLS and also their journey!

Edited by KayleeC14

Welcome welcome! We ars a growing little group. You're not too far from here. I'm from Muskegon but i have a sister and a brother that lives in alma. Tell us a little about yourself and your story. Would love to know more. I was sleeved on Dec 18th. I have my 6mo. on june 25th. My goal weight for my 6mo is 250. I started at 356. This has been an absolutely life changing journey thus far and being able to talk to fellow sleevers around me makes it all the better. So welcome and hope to hear more from you.

My name is Cristin and I have 1 son a 2 step daughters. My decision to do the sleeve was because I woyld like to coach my kids in softball and volleyball and could not do that at over 300 lbs. To be exact I started at 346.7 and am down to 311.1 I feel so much better already and played softball with the kids and survived...lol. My DR was Dr. Holman from grand rapids she was amazing and ive had no complications.

Thats awesome to hear! We were close to the same starting weight. I lost 23lbs for my 2wk pre-op plan. I also have 2 kids still at home. I am doing this for me but also for my kids. I want to be able to enjoy doing things with them. My older boys never saw me thin either so this is a journey for all of us. I already enjoy so much more. I used to sit around all the time and watch everyone else play, now im right in it with them. I have been ice skating, roller skating, paint balling, playing at the park and actually climbing on stuff, and playing basketball and football with my son. Its been wonderful. You are gonna be loving life the more you lose. So again welcome to forum ajd good luck. Hope to hear from u on a regular basis. We all need to be here for each other. How are the others doing lately?!

I'm in Carson City. My starting weight was 313. My current wait is 251. I can't wait to be able to say I'm under 250!!!

I won't be rollerskating since I dislocated my elbow skating in January (1 month before surgery!) It's still painful today! My husband and I signed up to walk a 5K next month. I'm nervous but know I can walk 3 mles. I just don't want to finish last!

Thats awesome. Im doin a 5k at my sons school on friday with his classrom and then in july we are doing the 5k walk/run for my bariatric clinic. Its for the opening of the coast guard festival. Im hoping to be able to run about half of it by then. Been practicing running at the gym. I have a bad leg and knee. I had an accident back in 1993 and ove rthe years ive developed severe osteoarthritis and my knee doesnt sit rt but will never get it replaced because my bone is so bad. But im gonna do it. Good luck to you on ur 5k. It will be easy peasy for you evem if u finish last, its more than you would've done before u started this.

Just thought I would check in and wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Also I was in a stall this week and actually said I gained 3 lbs but this morning scale said I lost what I gained plus 4 more I knew there was no way I really gained since im sticking to my plan. How is everyone else doing?

Having a good weekend so far. I had a bad week or so. I didnt gain but have been a bit on the depressed side and feel myself wanting to turn to food. Been a fight but winning so far. I just keep looking at my before pic and remember why i did this. I only lost a pound but i figure with the way i felt i did good. Finally.moving out of my funk amd doin better. Getting back to basics and concentratong on what i eat and getting to the gym and givig it my all. Leaving it all on the table amd let the chips fall where they may. On the bright side, i am starting a new job om Tuesday. I am finally feeling like i am strong enough to go back to working full time. We will see. I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. Talk to ya all next week!! :)

Hello to my fellow michigan sleevers. I just wanted to check in after the long weekend. I hope evryone had a great Memorial Day and able to watch what we ate. It was great to cook out with the kids. I had chicken and even had a corn on the cob. I was a good girl. My only cheat was on Monday when we picniced at this huge park in Grand Haven. I had a popcicle. A whole 40 cal but 7g of sugar. Im a good girl so it wasnt all bad. Lol. Usually when we go to the park I always sit and watch everyone play. Im the picnic table holder downer!! This time I actually played tag with all of the kids!! I was running and climbing and having a blast(altho they did take it a little easy on me). Also they bought a kickball and we went out to the baseball field and played team kickball. I was outfielding and catching balls and throwing people out. I even kicked and was able to run all the bases. My oldest son is 24 and none of my 4 kids have ever played with me like this let alone see me run! It was absolutely the best day of my life as of yet! My body was hating me on Tuesday but it was so worth it. I think i burned more than 1000 cal that day too! It felt so good to not have to sit and watch life happen around me. I was part of it all. My kids said it was definitely a different experience for them and they loved it. My soon to be ex husband also joined us since it was his visitation day and i didnt wanna take that from him. He was even in aw. When we met i was a little heavier than i am now. Even yesterday i still couldnt believe that was me out there playing although my body reminded me all day and night. Lol would love to hear from you all. I hope everyone had a great one.

I had a great weekend! I went to silver lake Sunday and went to the dunes for the first time ever. So much fun! A bunch of us went out to eat after and the only place we could find had a late night (it was 10pm) menu of apps abd pizza. So I got a thin crust pepperoni pizza. Ate 2 small pieces. It was delicious, and totally curbed my craving for pizza. Monday I grilled out with my neighbor and cleaned my house a little. After having a few cheats this weekend, i weighed myself today, and I was still down 3.7 lbs! For a total of 73 so far in 14 weeks. Couldn't be happier! Plus, I wouldn't have gone to the dunes this weekend, if it had been 4 months ago. I wouldn't have been comfortable. But being 70 lbs lighter and having so much more confidence and how much easier it is to get around... best weekend!

Plus, my bff's jeep has 35 inch tires on it. I've been scared to get in it without a step stool (I'm only 5'1 so the tires alone are over half my height, plus I had acl reconstruction 4 years ago and have been scared to "jump" with how much I weighed) and tried it this weekend by grabbing the roll bar and pulling myself up. I CAN DO IT!! I was so excited/proud of myself. A good NSV right there for me!

Edited by Sarahjane79

Lenawee county here...sleeved in Dec 2013 currently down 71lbs!

Congrats sarah!! Isnt ot wonderfilnall the things we can now do? Use it for motivation and keep up the great work! Congrats again

Hello to my fellow michigan sleevers. I just wanted to check in after the long weekend. I hope evryone had a great Memorial Day and able to watch what we ate. It was great to cook out with the kids. I had chicken and even had a corn on the cob. I was a good girl. My only cheat was on Monday when we picniced at this huge park in Grand Haven. I had a popcicle. A whole 40 cal but 7g of sugar. Im a good girl so it wasnt all bad. Lol. Usually when we go to the park I always sit and watch everyone play. Im the picnic table holder downer!! This time I actually played tag with all of the kids!! I was running and climbing and having a blast(altho they did take it a little easy on me). Also they bought a kickball and we went out to the baseball field and played team kickball. I was outfielding and catching balls and throwing people out. I even kicked and was able to run all the bases. My oldest son is 24 and none of my 4 kids have ever played with me like this let alone see me run! It was absolutely the best day of my life as of yet! My body was hating me on Tuesday but it was so worth it. I think i burned more than 1000 cal that day too! It felt so good to not have to sit and watch life happen around me. I was part of it all. My kids said it was definitely a different experience for them and they loved it. My soon to be ex husband also joined us since it was his visitation day and i didnt wanna take that from him. He was even in aw. When we met i was a little heavier than i am now. Even yesterday i still couldnt believe that was me out there playing although my body reminded me all day and night. Lol would love to hear from you all. I hope everyone had a great one.

That's great!!!

I had a great weekend! I went to silver lake Sunday and went to the dunes for the first time ever. So much fun! A bunch of us went out to eat after and the only place we could find had a late night (it was 10pm) menu of apps abd pizza. So I got a thin crust pepperoni pizza. Ate 2 small pieces. It was delicious, and totally curbed my craving for pizza. Monday I grilled out with my neighbor and cleaned my house a little. After having a few cheats this weekend, i weighed myself today, and I was still down 3.7 lbs! For a total of 73 so far in 14 weeks. Couldn't be happier! Plus, I wouldn't have gone to the dunes this weekend, if it had been 4 months ago. I wouldn't have been comfortable. But being 70 lbs lighter and having so much more confidence and how much easier it is to get around... best weekend!

Plus, my bff's jeep has 35 inch tires on it. I've been scared to get in it without a step stool (I'm only 5'1 so the tires alone are over half my height, plus I had acl reconstruction 4 years ago and have been scared to "jump" with how much I weighed) and tried it this weekend by grabbing the roll bar and pulling myself up. I CAN DO IT!! I was so excited/proud of myself. A good NSV right there for me!

SOunds like fun!!

Lenawee county here...sleeved in Dec 2013 currently down 71lbs!

Welcome!