Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months and rocking it out! from Michigan

I wash absolutely everything i get from used stores and yard sales. Thats too bad but it gets expensive for me to constantly buy new. I am shooting thru sizes. Have fun though.

Welcome to the newbie wendyt too. You are gonna be so happy you chose this path. Where about north are u from if you dont mind. Tell us a little about yourself if you dont mind.

Hi Wendyt!! How awesome! Your going to be so happy that you chose this tool and path. Will keep you in my thoughts when you go in :)

I am from the Gaylord area.

Have been overweight most of my life, with "slim" times in between, but have been "obese" for about a year or so now. Tired of the yo-yo dieting, ready to make a change; hoping the removal of the hunger hormone will assist me in making the best choices when it comes to food.

I have a 32 year old son who has blessed me with 2 wonderful grandchildren (5 and 3), and an almost 17 year old daughter who graduates high school next year. I want to be healthy and fit in order to be around for all of them! They both know that I am having the surgery, as does my husband, but the rest of my family doesn't need to know right now.

Tomorrow I go sign all the consent papers and pick up my 2 weeks worth of pre-op food.

Very famoliar with that area. I have a couple of older friends up that way. Well my parents friends. I too am venturing onto the grandma scene in august so im excited for that. I dont ever want him to see me the way i was other than in old pictures. I have 2 boys that are 23 and 21 and 2 at home still a daughter 14 and my last son who is 12 non of whom have ever seen me healthy. I gained weight after getting pregnant for my first child. Its been a long struggle with weight but I finally am making good choices and making this year all about me. I am a huge giver and have never made anything about me til now. My kids and family are 110% supportive which has made this life change so much easier. I tell anyone and everyone who asks. I am excited. Good luck to you wendyt and we are all here for support and shoulders to lean/cry on when necessary.

Another Michigander here! I currently live in Carson City (45 minutes north of Lansing). My surgeon was Dr. Gluck in Muskegon. :-) I grew up in Houghton Lake, so I'm familiar with ALL of your areas. I'm almost 3 months post op and down 60 lbs. I haven't done much/any clothing shopping so far. I bought a few things on ebay and have clothing from prior losses. I cannot wait to get my ebay orders for capris. I started selling last summer's capris and shorts because they fall off of me.

My husband and I are signing up for a 5K in June. We're both walking it, but we're still gonna do it. :-)

Welcome to our little group. I too am familiar with where u live. 3 months, awesome! That is some good weight loss. I live in muskegon but had mine done in grand haven with Dr Foote. They are an awesome group. Heard alot about dr gluck but i know dr foote is one of the leading bariatric surgions for the sleeve and after alot of research i chose him. Feel free to share anything u want on here. We are all excited to be.on this journey so the more the merrier. I too doing a 5k walk/run in july kicking off the coast guard fetival in grand haven. I am hoping to run a little but mostly walking. It is also a color run for the kids so my kids will also be joining me and hoping my friends will do it with me. I have had a ton of support on my journey so far. Unfortunately i am in the process of going through a divorce but he has still been supportive. Good luck and keep going. I didnt really start having to shop for new clothes til i was about 3 months post and now i just have been flying thru the sizes. Ive dropped about 12 sizes so far.

Edited by kimba6999

Hey KayleeC14 and MIMomaof2. I hope your week was good. Haven't really heard out of ya this week so I though I'd check in. I did my weigh in on thursday and had lost 4lbs last week. That was awesome. So current weight is 263, down 94 now and Sunday is 5 month post. I have having really good gym days this week. Although I didnt want to go today, i got up and went anyway and did a good workout. I am having one of those dont feel like eating days. Got my Protein in but not enough calories. Tried the new dannon light and fit greek yogurt and its quite good. Higher in protein amd lower in calories so i think im gonna eat that for a while intead of my yoplait 100's. I am now at 50% of my goal and today i bought a new pair of Danskin pants. XL 16/18. That makes this last week of hell worth it for me. Well I hope all is good with you. I'll check back in later. Have a great week.

Edited by kimba6999

Hi kimba6999 I'm glad you had a good week weight wise. I don't have a caloric goal, just a Protein goal of 70 grams a day. I decided to fully track everything I ate this week to get my exact Protein intake. Some days I realized I was a little behind on getting in my protein. I decided it wasn't a good week to way myself (monthly visitor) and when I finally did, I was down 1.4 lbs. My total loss is 62 lbs, with my current weight being 251.4. I'll take it! I am not getting the exercise I should, but this time of year is nuts. My daughter has soft ball and my husband has been working late, leaving me home alone with 2 kids, homework, baths, dinner...

Thursday is my 3 months post op appointment. I'm curious to see what their scale says! :-)

Well good luck to you on ur weigh in. Great on the weight loss. Im happy as long as the scale keeps moving. I make it an effort to only weigh once a week although i catch myself sometimes stepping on it early. Lol. I am lucky that my kids still at home are a little older, 14 and 12 so they can stay home alone. Super busy here too with kids stuff. So i feel for ya. At my 3 month they encouraged me to stay around 900 calories but to make sure i get at least 60g of Protein. I shoot for 80-100 except for days like today when i dont even wanna eat. I track everything. I'm big on the whole calories in calories out things so i work out whether i want to or not. Again good luck on Thursday and hope to hear how you do.

My kids are 8 and 2 1/2... a little more needy!! The weather has been crappy so I cannot just take the little one outside (she gets cold REALLY easily).

Lol. I assumed they were younger with the whole bath thing. I remember those days. I also have 2 older, 23 and 21 and im gonna be a grandma in august. Just remember that it will all be worth it for your kids. A new improved and healthy mom. Just keep plugging away. You're doing awesome.

I'm definitely doing this to benefit my girls. I want them to have a healthy mom! I helped at softball practice today. It was actually fun jumping in and helping.

Congrats on being the Granmda who can play with them!

I'm from west michigan too! Spring lake. ;) I'm 12.5 weeks out, 6 pant sizes smaller, and 67 lbs lighter. And happier than ever before. ;)

Welcome to the forum! Who was your doc? My mame is Kim and I am from Muskegon. Right around the corner. I am 5 months tom. So glad to have someone so close. Tell us a little more about yourself if you dont mind.