Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months and rocking it out! from Michigan

4 more days til my sleeve!!!

Oh wendy its finally here! So excited for u! Keep us informed and hope all goes great as im sure it will. Cant waot to hear from i after.

And to onedaycloser, i too dtarted my new life in dec 2013. The 18th to be exact. Weigh in was today and down 96 so far. Congrats on ur weight loss! Keep up the great work and hope to hear from u again too.

My name is Cristin and I have 1 son a 2 step daughters. My decision to do the sleeve was because I woyld like to coach my kids in softball and volleyball and could not do that at over 300 lbs. To be exact I started at 346.7 and am down to 311.1 I feel so much better already and played softball with the kids and survived...lol. My DR was Dr. Holman from grand rapids she was amazing and ive had no complications.

I have surgery on June 4th with Dr. Holman. Glad to hear you had a good experience with her. How is it going with the Protein and fluids?

I've been at a stall for the last two weeks. Come to find out my thyroid and a bunch of Vitamin levels were off. I'm on Vitamin supplements (on top of my bariatric vitamins) and my synthroid dose has been decreased. We camped in Harrison for the holiday weekend. My butt fit between the wall and the bed of our camper better than ever. I found camping foods to be a little more challenging than my evey day eating, but made it through.

I've discovered Jimmy John Unwiches. YUM! Your favorite JJ sub on lettuce wrap. It's yummy and Protein packed. I've been nervous eating out. I just did two days of training for work in Muskegon and even though I ate out with a group, I didn't feel too weird. I ordered a chicken sandwich with no bun and a side salad. :-) It helped that the person sitting next to me was sleeved 3 years ago.

So glad u were able to figure it all out. Now you can start moving forward again. I think my weight is starting to slow down. I have only been losing a couple lbs a week. Not complaining by any means but it is what it is. Bet that felt good to be able to move around ur camper better! Good luck with getting back on track and hope to hear an update.

So when I went to the gym today the trainer finally talked me into taking part in their memorial day week challenge to honor all those who serve. There is a whole or a mini. Well i was stupid enough to say yes finally! Lol. I said i would attempt the mini. Well be not being a quiter thought about 10 min in, what did i get myself into!! You start with a half mile run/walk on the treadmill then immediately u go to 50 pull ups, 100 push ups and 150 squats. Thank god they let me do modifies pull ups and push ups! The you finish with a half mile again. I dont think I have sweat so hard since i started going to the gym. When i got done i was shaking and my body felt like Jello but i was impressed! The fastest time gets a new gym bag and a tshirt i think. Well he said no one so far has finished the mini. They start but quit. I can see why lol!! Only one man has finished the whole challenge which is double what i did. I did it in 34:16. He said that was a good time so i hope if anyone else tries it, my time will hold up. Anyway i just wanted to tell everybody cuz i am so proud of mysepf. I gave me the motivation i needed since ive been kind of lazy at the gym lately. I see what i can do when i put my mind to it. 6 months ago i would have laughed just thinking about considering it. Now im thinking that if i go tom and somebody did better im gonna try to beat it! Wish me luck. New weight this last week is 260. Down 96. 4lbs to my fist major goal! Have a great weekend all.

I love the unwich at jimmy johns! I loved em before surgery, and even more now. It's a nice change from the usual things I eat every day.

I have surgery on June 4th with Dr. Holman. Glad to hear you had a good experience with her. How is it going with the Protein and fluids?

It is going great with Protein and fluids my pnly issue is I have been feeling hungry but they upped my zantac for the acid and it seems to be helping. She was amazing and she does it robotic so my healing time was so short.

Sarah, I love Jimmy Johns bread, so it's a challenge for me to JUST smell it! dinner tomorrow night is most likely an unwich. :-)

Dh and I walked a 5K this weekend. He had a revision in December and has a bad back. We walked it in 48 minutes. My goal was under an hour. We really pushed each other. We made it a goal to pass a lady with two kids. We passed them and kept going. We almost caught the people in front of them. We finished with 7 people behind us. :-) Totally awesome feeling!

So proud of you guys. Congrats to u. Keep up the good work amd hope to hear another update soon. And u didnt finish last so thats awesome.

I went to sleeping bear dunes for the first time ever friday, and I was able to do the dune climb! Without wanting to die! It was absolutely amazing. I wouldn't have even ever tried 4 months ago. It's amazing what losing 76 lbs does!!

That tiny ant looking thing at the top is me! I just read that it's 110 feet tall. I was so proud of myself! So proud I boight an annual pass so I'll go back and do it again!

post-202477-0-60313200-1402280069_thumb.png

Wow! Awesome! So proud of you! Isnt hitting a milestone and awesome feeling? I know how you feel. A couple of weeks ago i played kickball with all of.my kids for the first time ever with them. My kids have never seen me run. I was outfielding amd kicking and running all the bases. Just feels so good to do things doesnt it. Like i say, its nice to actually be living life again instead of sitting on the sidelines watching life go on around u. Congrats again and good luck with the weightloss.

Btw, i was the winner of my gyms mini challenge. I also hit my first major.milestone this week. I am now officially down 102lbs!!!! I cried like a baby when i stepped on the scale and it showed 254. SW was 356. So excited. Cant wait for the last 54lbs to come off so i can apply for skin removal. I just pray i get approved. All this skin is really starting to be bothersome. Good luck to you all this week and keep up the posts. Love reading about u all.

That's awesome!! On all accounts. And same. I've lived and done more in the last month than I have in a LONG time. I went off roading, muddin, silver lake dunes, to Ludington to watch the sunset, to Mackinac island this past Monday, and sleeping bear dunes Friday. Most of these things were spur of the moment things, but more than I've done in probably 5 years. And WAY more fun than in the past. Part of it is a new friendship that has turned into a "sister from another mister" type deal, and we both make each other better, and love to do fun, spur of the moment things. I'm 1000000000% happy I had surgery. The fun I've had in the last month has been more than worth it.

Yay to us! For coming back to the land of the living! Ha.

Hi gang!

Well, I'm 7 days post-op and doing great. Stomach is still very sore when rising or sitting, but all the liquids have been staying down.

I see my dietician and doctor this Thursday; hoping I can transition to solid foods... I miss chewing, LOL.