Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months and rocking it out! from Michigan

yay! Congrats and welcome to the team! We were all a bit sore a week out too. Ur doing real good it sounds. Just keep up ur Protein, it will aid in faster healing for u and walking. Cant stress that enough. It will help reduce the soreness too! This is an incredible journey and so happy for u. I personally have never been happier, even with all the other crap going on around me i have managed to stay focused on this and its wonderful. Keep up the effort and hope u cN move to some nice mushy food. It will be yummy! Lol keep us up to date cuz alot will change quickly. :)

Sarah, I'm proud of everything you've been doing! That's great!!! We are going to the Detroit Zoo on Saturday. We are camping in Hudsonville in a few weeks. I'm hoping to go to Grand Haven or South Haven (depends on which our friends want to do).

Sarah, I'm proud of everything you've been doing! That's great!!! We are going to the Detroit Zoo on Saturday. We are camping in Hudsonville in a few weeks. I'm hoping to go to Grand Haven or South Haven (depends on which our friends want to do).

Thanks! I haven't been to the Detroit zoo since I was a kid! I'm totally jealous. Camping will be fun! If you come to grand haven you should get let me know! :)

Hi. I am from Spring Lake, Mi. I am 6 weeks post op. Everything seems to b going well so far.

Small world, I live in spring lake too! Glad to hear you're doing well. :)

Wow, Sarahjane79, it is a small world.lol When did you have your surgery done? Mine was done on June 3rd and Dr. Gluck was my surgeon.

Wow, Sarahjane79, it is a small world.lol When did you have your surgery done? Mine was done on June 3rd and Dr. Gluck was my surgeon.

My surgery was February 19, and Dr. Gluck was my surgeon too:) I love him!

Welcome to the group lorilynn! Tell us a pittle bit about yourself if you dont mind and maybe a goal or 2 you are reaching for?!

Hello to all. Havent been on for a bit. Been so super busy. I decided to go back to work full time so been busy with that, the kids, and my journey. Heres my update. I went into a 3-4 week stall for most of june and was so disgusted. I had my 6 month post op on the 25th of june and was down 102lbs. I talked to the NUT and apparently i was eatting too few calories for my lifestyle. I was eatting about 900-1000 a day but burning almost that in the gym so my body was actually going into storage mode. I eat well just high Protein and low cal foods. She gave me some quick fixes to get in the extra cal. I just didnt want to eat empty cal. She said if i up it and thats the problem i will notice it in 3-4 days. Sure enough, by the beginning of July the lbs started dropping. I am now down 114lbs and my 7 month post is today, friday. I am so happy thats all it was. I am now 242 and can wear XL clothes now. Down from a 4X shirt and size 30 pants. I can also wear a size 16/18 pant dependong on the style. Still have some hips to lose but its going quick enough.

Oh, and im doing my first ever 5K next saturday at the opening of the coast guard festival. I am doing it with mltye bariatric clinic i go to. I had Dr Foote for any who dont know. Absolutely magnificent. If any of u would like to join, it would be nice to meet you. Or come on down and cheer us on! NOCH Bariatric Clinic. We will be wearing t-shirts for the clinic. Good luck to all and woupd love to hear any updates from y'all on here. Have a great weekend.

A little about myself....Well, I am 47 years old, and I have a son that is 31, a daughter that is 25, and three grandchildren. I had my surgery on June 3rd. I am down 41# since my heaviest and down 33 1/2# since right before my 2-week liquid diet prior to surgery.

I live in Spring Lake, and love living along the lakeshore. One of my goals is to be able to jump on the trampoline with my grandkids (without killing myself lol), and another is to run in a marathon.

Bravo on the weight loss! I am 45 so right behinf you. My oldest is 24 and my youngest is 12. I and 4 all together and going to be a grandma for the first time in August. Excited but dont feel that old...lol. I am a young 45. Just wanted to say hey and wish you the best of luck on your journey. Keep us posted! Any questions we are all here for you as well.

Thank you, Kimba. Did I read that you are from Muskegon. Most of my family lives there. I, actually, graduated from Orchard View way back when. Good luck on your marathon! Oh, by the way, I became a grandma at 40. I now have three and they bring me so much joy. I think u will love being a grandma :)

Yep, from Muskegon. Grew up in N Muskegon and graduated from Reeths-Puffer. I live in OV area but my kids go to Puffer. Tried leaving MI a couple times but keep ending up back here...lol. Miss lake mich most of all when im gone. This will be my first ever event at exherting any kind of energy lol. Will jog and walk it. Have a really bad leg so running is difficult but i do it anyway. I push myself that way...hate that about myself. Nice goals you have set btw. Good luck achieving them. Talk soon.

That is great that you are going to b in those events. Way to go! I am so hoping to be in that kind of shape to run/walk a marathon by next spring. I already feel on top of the world by losing 33# since the two-week liquid diet that began prior to surgery 6 weeks ago. I can't imagine how good I will feel by then. By the way, my name is Lorilynn or Lori whichever you prefer. What is yours?

My name is Kim but my friends cLl me Kimba. I am so happy for you and whats to come in your near future. I remeber when i lost my first 30 or so. It felt so freeing amd fantastic! I was feeling better and my energy was so much better. My attitude brightened Nd i felt like I was going to have a great life ahead. It feels like lifetime ago already and has only been 7 months. I guess cuz its my life now. Just feels so normal and right! Im excited to do my first 5K. Never in a million yrs did i ever think i would be here. I have been real blessed through this process. I follow my plan and exercise and the lbs just melt off. I have had a couple of plateaus here and there but a little change up and it moves again. If u dont mind ke asking, what was ur pre-op weight? Some people dont like to talk about it but im proud to say it. Cuz it shows how far i've come. If i didnt say it, i started at 356. I lost 23 lbs on my 2 wk preop but i didnt do liquid. I was with dr foote and we were on a high Protein diet with their health wise foods. I ate 6 times a day for about 800 cal a day. It was wonderful. He is a leading dr in the sleeve. He has done some ground breaking techniques. The bariatric team is absolutely wonderful and supportive and are always there at any time i may have questions or need help. Hope to hear back soon.