Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think she was aiming at behavioral factors and what's she's seen in her practice. After a year she feels the weight loss tapers off whether the person has reached goal or not. Maybe because of stomach stretching, maybe because some hunger hormones return? I'm not sure. I had the band and it didn't work for me. She was telling me not to waste this second chance, to go at it hard and get it over with. Some tough love :)

Wow I have not heard the sprint thing. I wonder why that is. Maybe because behaviors are hard to keep up and I believe you kind of have to step up exercise as you go to get the same results.

It just doesn't make logical sense to me that you "can't" keep losing weight if you still have a calorie deficit.

Your stomach is much smaller now and if you are really eating healthy and that early post op 800-1000 cal are good enough. Watch ur fat and sugar intake too. If you are stalling watch ur Protein intake and fat and sugar more than calorie. U should be getting 60+ healthy grams a day and definitely make sure you are getting at least 4 bottles of Water or 64 oz a day. Those 2 things are most important. I didnt count calories for my first 4 months. Just make sure it is good and healthy grams. I am almost 5 months post and down 89lbs so it works. Also make sure u r exercising well, not just getting by or not doing anything. Gotta push yourself and do just what they tell u and it will happen.

Edited by kimba6999

Today is my 1 month surgerversary and I am averaging between 350-400 calories a day.

Is this why I have been in a stall for the last 3 weeks?!?!

I would think so! That is way too low on calories. How are u getting in 60g of Protein? U are still so new that calories shouldnt be an issue. Getting in healthy protein and drinkong ur minimum of 64 oz of wayer should be your goal. If u insist on counting calories you shouldnt be below 600. U will stall if ur not getting enough protein or Water. And you must exercise for best rssults. I am almost 5 months post and down 89lbs so it works. Good luck to you.

Well... 60g of Protein is only 240 calories, so you can easily get it in in under 500 calories.

You must be referring to powder Protein but u need nutrition too. Your body cant survive on 240 calories. I do powder protein as well as Protein Bars but i also eat chicken and turkey and now salad. There are many healthy ways to get in 60 without just powder protein. You should be on soft foods. Need to eat 4 times a day. Try 15g per meal and if u need to count do about 200 per meal. It gets easier to eat but u need to eat.

Well... 60g of Protein is only 240 calories, so you can easily get it in in under 500 calories.

That's assuming there's nothing else in the Protein you are intaking... no fat, or carbohydrates that would increase the calorie count. A 4 ounce chicken breast has roughly 4 gms of fat and 35 gms of protein for approximately 176 calories. 4 ounces of 90/10 ground beef has about 13 gms of fat and 30 gms of protein which is about 237 calories.

Assuming you eat nothing else but LEAN protein you could probably stay within the 600 calories. Start adding other Proteins such as nuts, cheese and different types of meat and you will easily go beyond the 600.

You're early in ur journey so calories shouldnt be an issue anyway. You should just be working toward your grams and Water daily. Just dont onpy us powder to get it. Need to integrate food and supliment ur intake with Protein Shakes. Good luck

Oh my. After reading all of these posts I'm discouraged. I've been religiously tracking all of my food and aiming to stay between 800-1000 calories a day. I was sleeved on 3/12 and since day of surgery I've only lost 17 pounds -- in 57 days.

Now it would seem I'm eating too much and there have been days I've gone above my daily goal. I certainly can't overeat at one sitting, but it doesn't seem like I'm satisfied. Still battling hunger and I have been doing the Protein and Water religiously. I get 80-100g protein/day.

Should I drop down to 600-800 a day? My nutritionist said my body is in starvation mode and to just be consistent and the weight will start to come off. I just don't feel I'm going to be a successful as others. I want to be a success story!

At 3 months, I was at 500-800. It depends on how the sleeve was feeling. Sometimes, it was hard to eat 2 ounces of pork loin. And beef was out of the question. chicken was hit and miss. It is a bit nostalgic looking back at those times. Now I am almost 2 years post op a and have very little trouble with 1800 calories a day, 5 ounces of chicken, green leafy veggies, beef and more. How things have changed. I think the only "solid" I still struggle with occasionally is corned beef.

I'm at 7 weeks and mostly getting 600-700 with 75 G Protein. My NUT wants me to aim for 1300 calories when I can, but for short term at least 800-900, which is stil hard. I do find that the weeks I am able to eat more that I lose more. The first few weeks when I was only getting 250-400 calories, I didn't really lose anything.

Everybody is different when it comes to losing weight. I was considered morbidly obese so dropping weight at 356lbs is easier than someone starting at 275. I was told not to worry about calories for my first 3 months or so. I just was careful about what i ate and only ate Protein packed food. I used body fortress protein and mixed with plain nonfat greek yogurt, a little skim milk and 3 strawberries. It gave me 45g of protein and it waz enough for my first 2 meals. About 300 callries. Then i would have a greek 100 cal. I had a greek 100 cal yogurt as a night time snack before bed cuz i needed that sweet fix. For dinner i would have chicken made different ways and a little rice or potatoe or veg. It works and u keep within ur 600-700 calories if u need to count. I also did canned chicken and added a little miracle whip and used some wheat thins or multi grain crackers to eat it with. eggs are a great protein packed food too. Good for before or after a workout. Exercise is crucial to success too. But u need incorporate strength training with cardio for best results. Do ur warm up and then strength training and then cardio in that order for best results. I have done tons of research to get the best results and worked with a trainer when i started stalling. Lastly u need to take in as much Water as u can stand but at least 64oz. I drink no less than 6 bottles a day. Try changing things up and u will figure out what makes your body move. Good luck and would happily help in any way i can.

I'm 5 and 1/2 months out and I average between 900-1200 cal/day. (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less). I see people who are doing 500-800 and honestly, I don't think I would feel healthy consuming so little. My carb intake is a little more than most too even though I don't eat flour, sugar, white potatoes, rice, etc. I NEED the Fiber and the antioxidants fruits and veggies offer. Also, I eat very little meat so that makes it hard to get the right Protein without the higher calories.......

@@monkeyshine3399 personally I think you should follow the advice of your medical team and not modify it based on what you see strangers talking about on the Internet. But if you want to discuss it with your medical team and see if they think you should change things up, go for it!

I try to keep under 800, and when I average under 800 with carbs under 60, I lose really well.