Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys! I'm now sleeved!!! Woke up after surgery with some nausea and then they gave me something for that which made me drowsy so I had a great sleep. I had a shower this morning with the support of my lovely mother and I have been walking heaps I think I've done about ten laps lolll I have the IV in still for lunch I had 30 ml of Soup and then later some orange juice I'm sore in the biggest incision which looks like a crator lol but the give me nexium and Panafon rapid and endobe and some voltaren now I'm trying to drink some apple juice lol in aiming for 30ml hahahah oh and I had 30ml of Soup for dinner sooo that's what day one looks like for me it's really not so bad :)

Queenbeebee, did they give u volteren gel???

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Help I've been eating bad things firstly this week I was unorganised for work and I ate a pie then it happened again the next day then for dinner Tonight I had a piece of pizza no thoughts about it at the time and I'm surprised by how much I can eat almost a entire pie :( and I've not been drinking any Water for weeks now and then this week I finally got below 80 kgs 5 kgs from goal and now I feel out of control but for the last almost 5 months not one thing bad has passed these lips now in one week I've eaten rubbish 2 days in a row what's going wrong help

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

I think sooner or later you were bound to eat something bad. But don't beat yourself up about it. Look at why you did it and how can you stop it happening? I have a box of cruskits at my desk and some cottage cheese in fridge I can always eat if hungry or haven't planned anything

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

And maybe cook up a couple of healthy meals and freeze them. I have a few chow mein in freezer, I pull them out when too tired to cook. Plenty of meat & veggies and takes just over a minute to heat back up!

Wrist hasn't healed at all I see the orthopedic surgeon in a week to work out what he can do. hair loss hasn't slowed down at all. They say make sure you get all your Protein, I think I am, but not only did I have surgery, I then had very strong ms meds a month after that, then a few weeks after that fell and broke both the wrists, so I'm not surprised my hair is falling out even if I do eat enough Protein. It's due to the stress of the surgery, the rapid weight loss etc, so I have had a hell of a few months lol! Up to 43kg now and see my surgeon on Tuesday, will be interesting to see what he says! I hope your still not beating yourself up, I had a 90g bag of twisties, took me all weekend to eat the pack, but I tell ya, I feel shit for having eaten them. I enjoyed them at the time but feeling rather blah now, so won't be doing that again! Congrats on hitting under 80 that's a great achievement!

Oh no I can't believe they are still not better the wrists that is you poor thing it's been ages I hope you get some clarification on Tuesday

I've been finding I can eat quite a bit at a time for Breakfast I can eat two poached eggs with a slice of bacon

I eat nuts and cheese and crackers (special low carb organic raw crackers) when I eat chicken I can't eat much at all. I ate pizza in the weekend one slice of thin crust quite a large piece I'm been wanting pizza since forever I've satisfied that now

This week I will be back on track focussing on my Protein and no carbs at all as that's what makes me feel good. I often think about sparkling Water but I'm staying away from that

What do you eat most of do you have 3 meals a day do you still have Protein shakes ?

Sent from my iPhone

I don't have any shakes. I drink cordial and Water, and very very occasionally a lemon squash. I always have 2 cruskits with vege mite for Breakfast, except for this weekend when I went to a cafe and had Protein pancakes. Only managed 1, so filling! But delicious. I don't usually have morning tea, too busy at work for that, but at lunch I have either 2 cruskits with cottage cheese or I have a rice paper roll with chicken in it. chicken, lettuce, cucumber, carrot and sweet chili sauce, pretty delish! It comes in a pack of two, I eat one at lunch then I have the other throughout the arvo. Then I have dinner and I always have a snack after dinner - usually salada biscuits with some cheese, sometimes a Panama passion fruit, or a mini serve of microwave popcorn as a treat. That's my usual routine. Probably sounds disastrous hey. Dinner is either a lamb cutlet with veggies or some chow mein or red curry. I cannot stand the taste of eggs since surgery. Like literally they make me throw up. I'm shattered, they are a good source of Protein and I always used to love poached eggs on toast with salt, pepper and avocado.

Rice paper roll sounds nice I've had sushi just the Protein and thrown out the rice. I mostly don't eat breakfast il have a coffee before I leave in the morning

then buy a coffee I may have a yogurt at work or some nuts or a Protein Bar Or a banana I will usually have some cheese on low carb raw crackers after work and then for dinner usually some lamb or chicken curry or a eye fillet I may eat a few Beans or a stem of brocli veggie wise I eat a lot of lamb as its high in Protein I can't drink protein shakes they make me sick a lot like your egg situation luckily I can still eat eggs I've just started to have some avocado again can't do tuna makes me gag.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Shell, Im still here lol.

Just been super busy. I can understand your guy's frustration with your eating routines as I feel it too. But I am way more undisciplined than both of you. My weight loss hasnt stalled its stopped at 31kgs. This is entirely my own fault and its due too two things. Back working night shift which results in me eating around the clock as I dont know what is breakfast lunch or dinner and an increase in alcohol consumption. I dont worry too much what I eat when I do as its not much but I think I have got into a habit of eating every couple of hours. I need to restrict myself to a few drinks once a week and as a means to get to sleep during the day 3-4 times a week. Some exercising would also be s good idea.

You guys willbe pleased to know though thats its actually hard to put weight on, even when you are as undisciplined as I am. I might put one or two kgs on but it comes off again and hasnt continued to go up. But time I took this all a bit more seriously as I would like to lose another 20 odd kgs. So lets see what I can do.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Hey guys, I saw my surgeon Tuesday, he is really pleased with my weight loss and what I'm eating! Only 1 thing he picked on, I have been having a couple of salada biscuits with cheese at night, for dessert, he told me to cut the biscuits and just eat the cheese. So I can do that. Was very happy with the rest though. Then smashed me for not exercising enough, so I really need to get my skinnier arse into the gym and make it a habit!

Kiwijet it is hard working night shift. You need to keep yourself awake, your whole body clock is out of whack. Definately a challenge for you! Hopefully cutting back on the alcohol will help too? I don't really drink, but I do have the occasional sip of wine. Hopefully you can get some healthy Snacks you like and get into a better night routine. Good luck!

Demonchick that's great news regarding your progress congrats you should be very proud. So I broke my foot last night I was doing some emails in my office got up foot was asleep and fell over it broke 3 bones in it so that sux it's very sore and swollen I have a moon boot and crutches and we are moving into our new house on Saturday not good timing :(

Kiwijet I hope you can sort the snacking out sometimes I snack and demonchick I have frackers and cheese every day when I get home from work but mostly I've eaten nothing all day I know so bad the crackers I eat are made from crushed almonds and other seeds virtually no suger and very very low carb and they actually taste so good I get them from an organic shop here in NZ they aren't cheap $12 a pack which has 6 serves but it's worth it for me to have some crunch back in my life :) exercise arrrr I avoid it like the plague I know I need it but I hate it alot always have am thinking of joining a new gym but it's prob a waste of $100 a month to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone