Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Kiwijet

I'm a good just plodding along went out to dinner tonight I ordered a Laska Soup Soup makes my tummy feel weird I've decided. I'm finding it easier I dont feel like I'm missing out which is good still struggling with drinking enough Water I've started a Multivitamin they're aweful I gag and carry on they're quite big. So far I'm pretty much carb and sugar free I really want to eat a piece of toast but I know I will have it everyday I love carbs my weight loss has been super slow I loose a little bit then the scale dosent move for 3/4 days I try and only weigh every few days.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Good morning everyone. So I've had a fortnight from hell. I had to go to hospital for meds for my MS, it's a form of chemo, and it has knocked me around significantly. My taste is out the window. I threw everything I ate up for 5 days straight. All I could tolerate was lemonade icy poles. My GP last week wanted to put me back in hospital my blood pressure was very low and I was dehydrated but we compromised. I forced myself to eat and drink even though all I wanted to do was sleep, and my GP said she didn't care what I ate, or drank, as long as it was something. So lots of lemonade icy poles and also vege mite on savoys! And I had oven baked crumbed calamari late in the week they were pretty good. Then on weekend I had pizza 2 small slices) and Black Forest torte, again a small slice. I didn't follow a proper diet last week, but I don't care, I will be back on it this week. My taste buds are starting to come back thankfully. Funny enough I still can't tolerate milk, not even lactose free milk, and I'm still having trouble eating eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sorry to hear you have been doing it tough Demon. I was starting to wonder where you were. Hoping you are on the mend and I wouldnt worry about what you eat as it doesnt sound like it has been very much anyway. But it must be hard trying to deal with two different issues at the same time.

Its too early for me to say what permanent changes my taste buds have suffered. But I seem to have gone off bread and fats which I used to love ie bacon. But it may just be temporary.

If you need to have milk can you have it in a Protein shake?

Anyway here's to a better week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Sorry I meant my taste buds went because of my meds. Like I had been craving something, can't remember what it was, and I took a bite and it tasted awful haha! And I made chicken and vegetable Soup, had been looking forward to it for days, and threw it up each time o tried to eat it. So I then figured well shit it won't matter what I eat cause I'm going to throw it up anyway lol.

I was having my carbs for Breakfast, a piece of toast each day. I wouldn't have carbs for the rest of the day, but the book I'm following said I could have it once a day. But I've gone off toast at the moment and would like to enjoy special k Cereal again, but yeah bit hard when I'm not tolerating milk! I tried almond milk with it today, my stomach didn't rumble which was good, but I didn't enjoy it. Think I need to get the unsweetened one. I'm not having Protein shakes, my dietician wants me to try get my Protein from food rather then shakes. I'm happy with my progress I'm losing 1-2kg a week which is what my surgeon wants. All up since start of December I'm down 28kg which I'm happy with.

Demonchick you have sure had a lot going on let's hope you have a better time going forward that all sounds awful I hope your starting to feel better now. 1-2 kgs a week is great my weight loss is sooooo sloooowwwww I go down in 100 gram amounts Arrrrrrrr I really honestly thought I'd go down in kgs as I have in the past with diets I've done oh well.

Sent from my iPhone

Are you eating enough and drinking enough? And making sure half of your meal is Protein at dinner? And most importantly, only weighing yourself once a week?

Demonchick

I am not drinking enough I know that I bought some Isopure to help with my Protein levels which I have so struggled with I eat meat first at meals Infact mostly that's all I serve up I try and have an egg for Breakfast or a yogurt I often don't eat lunch but may have some cheese or a yogurt dinner is usually some chicken lamb or fish I know I need to drink way more Water than I have been I really struggle with it.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey I hear ya! I'm struggling big time with Water too, so I add some diet cordial to it to help me chug it down! And I really think you need to eat lunch, and 2 small Snacks if you need. It's hard, I know, but we can do this!

We sure can Demonchick it just takes planning and being organised last week I took a boiled egg for lunch disaster I was so ill I'm going to stock my car with some more Protein bars incase I get caught out as I need to eat something during the day

eating slow is something I need to work on Big time as it causes me some major discomfort and at times and puts me off eating. Do you eat bananas?

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

I also look to eat the meat first, followed by greens and other vegs. Have gone right off potatoes. For a small meal I mix greek yogurt with mixed berries and a touch of honey. I love Water more now then b4 especially if its cold and I im not as keen on carbonated drinks as i used to be. The only problem is having to take smaller sips and not being able to drink after eating. I still find my appetite fluxuates between not feeling too hungry to wanting to eat small amounts every couple of hours and feeling hungry again not long after.

Will I ever settle into this new world.

I also get some discomfort if I dont stop eating soon enough and sometimes even when I haven't eaten much at all. Its almost a daily occurance. If not every meal.

I haven't had a banana yet, but I do enjoy apples. And I hear you kiwijet about the coldness of the Water, the colder the better!

I made my delicious fried rice last night, it's not really fried but it's yum. I cook short cut bacon, onion, red capsicum, celery, tin of peas and corn. Stir in some oyster sauce and bean shoots then I add rice at the end and stir though. Delish! And I can eat it for lunch the next day, and it doesn't have much rice, but lots of the veggies and you could use low GI rice

I've been drinking tap Water as I found super cold really hard to drink when I first got surgery I must go back and retry it colder I put low cal cordial in it or a berroca or half Isopure half Water to try and mix it up and inspire me to drink it

I'm staying away from all carbs atm as I love them. I find I can only fit my meat in and have no room for veggies

tonight I had a tiny bit of brocli in my green curry also the multi Vitamins I bought are quite large and repeat on me so I need to look at another brand annoying I've only had them 3 days and they were $35 oh well trial and error

I've had a banana in my Greek yogurt I may try an apple I found pre surgery apples gave me reflux and that was the only food that ever gave me any issues but I feel like I'd like the freshness of some fruit

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

I had a phone catch up with my NUT today she said I'm doing well weight loss wise she was happy I wasn't haha she said I need to drink more fluids and eat more Protein no snacking but eat more in general um ok if I can only eat so much at a time then I would need to snack clearly to increase my intake

We talk again in 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone