Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys been absent for a while. Had problems with an infected tooth and after 3 dentist visits I still have more to go with a root canal. It played up bigtime last week and pain relief wasnt working. Had to juse a mouthwash every 60seconds. Its settled down alot by I still have some more work to be done. As for the sleeve, I continue to lose weight, but Im .not sure if I have lost my interest in food or not but it just doesn't seem the same anymore.

How bout you guys how are you all getting on?

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Hi kiwijet

Thats no good about your tooth nothing worse than a sore tooth you can't escape the pain. I've lost all Interest in food to it doesn't excite me anymore nor do I look forward to eating as the amount is so pathetic it almost seems pointless. I still find the waiting between eating and drinking hard I may never get useto that. Had a meeting with my NUT she's really happy with my results luckily I'm only 11kgs away from goal maintaining will be the biggest thing for me going forward. Do you find kiwijet that you get all your fluids in?

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Im not sure if I am getting my required fluids or even how much that is I just basically eat and drink when I want lol. I should try and put more structure into it but night shift makes it very hard. I also hate not being able to quench my thirst when i am eating.

I had steak tonight yas I have waited for this moment for 3 months I went to a food show today and bought some organic free range eye fillet as I wanted my first steak to be enjoyable and tender it was everything I dreamed of and more only downside I couldn't eat much of it but I'm glad it went down ok

I do love a good steak.

Sent from my iPhone

post-287732-146744487396_thumb.jpg

I think I was scared as I've read quite a few people can't eat steak so I waited in the hopes my first experience wouldn't be bad and put me off I've had some bad experiences with certain things it makes it hard to enjoy now I so missed steak how are you doing kiwijet?

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Hi Shell,

Im good. Im getting more used to this new life. I can still go from being hungry (feels like every couple of hours) to feeling nauseous after eating. Especially if I eat too much. But I learn as I go and manage it all alot better now. The important thing is that I have lost 30kgs with more to come and this has made a huge change in my life already. I am able to move alot easier now and my weight loss is becoming quite noticeable. I have to say I dont believe I could have done this without the surgery and so for all its tribulations I have to, begrudgingly even be grateful for it.

That's good news kiwijet 30 kgs is an amazing loss I agree 100% I could not have lost the weight I have in 3 months if not for the operation I think for me it was the best decision my health has been so much better I feel alive again I even have trouble sleeping in where as before could happily sleep half the day. I dont have nausea after eating I get the burps and feel uncomfortable if I eat to much

Nausea is not pleasant. Keep up the good work kiwijet

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Hey guys just thought I'd touch base and see how everyone is going? I am really getting the hang of portion sizes I can eat now, but the other night I ate wayy to quick and threw up lol. My hair is really starting to thin out now, but such is life I say. If it gets that bad I'll get a wig! I have lost 39.3kg now, dropped 3 dress sizes. Since surgery I can't stand taste of sweet things anymore which I'm happy about! And I'm struggling to eat Pasta which again I'm very happy about! I can have a few teaspoons of low GI rice but that's not every night either. My fave Breakfast is to have 2 cruskits, one with vege mite on it the other with Peanut Butter on it. I don't eat much fruit at all, but I do get veggies in. Since surgery I can no longer tolerate onion or garlic, it gives me really bad reflux, gas and cramps. Have struggled with that because I LOVE garlic!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Demon. Wow close on the 40kg mark thats fantastic and this is really the reason we have all had the surgery and why we have to remind ourselves of during the down times. I have been on holiday for the past 3 weeks and so dont think I have lost much during that time (too much alcohol probably) but I have still lost around 33kgs so far. I find eating to be unsatisfying in general and something I do because I have too but its normally over pretty quickly. I also find myself wanting to eat every couple of hours and Im not sure thats a good thing. I have noticed I have gone off carbs abit but can eat most things in moderation. But my stomach never seems to be settled its either hungry or uncomfortable from eating.

BUT I love the weight loss and I hope I never take it for granted I do wish though that I had the ability to lose the weight without surgery but that isnt my story. I also have a big wobbly stomach now as well.

I'm already looking forward to my reconstructive surgery even though it won't be for a couple of years yet A lady I know just had hers 2 weeks ago. I didn't even know she had the sleeve till after I had mine. I'm friends with her mum and she told me, so now we keep in touch and she's a great support as she's been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone I've missed our updates heaps let's not leave it so long.

I've now lost 36kgs which is great however as fast as I buy clothes they don't fit anymore it's expensive haha

I just had a big work event over the weekend someone accidentally gave me a glass of sparkling Water I took a swig def can't drink carbonated drinks

you know sparking Water is one of the only things I crave for now as I use to love love it. I went to several work dinners lunches etc over the last week everyone just thought I didn't like the food due to not being able to eat much I just agreed however I thought I'd eaten a decent amount. They all ate 3 courses it was fine I didn't care. I had people I knew not recognise me and they were shocked having not seen me for 8 months everyone wanted to know what I was doing Ive not told work colleges.

we had a big work evening all our clients came I had so many people compliment me and wait for it I loved getting my photo taken yes I did. My water intake has been terrible I've not been drinking any and ive been slack on my 30 min before and after water this i find really hard. I've not felt good my arthritis is flared up and I've been in constant pain. We find out tomorrow if we've got the house we put an offer in on which we love so I've been quite stressed and nervous. The sleeve is not easy it's the hardest thing I've done but I feel the results so far have been worth every minute I do not feel hunger so I'm lucky this week I should hit under 80 kgs I've not been there in over 12 years.

Here is a photo of me from Saturday night just a head shot I'm honestly so proud of myself for being 100% to plan no bad food no Choc or chippies have passed these lips my face has slimmed down alot but I still have a wee way to go and I know for me

Keeping it off will be key that's the hard part and the true test

Sent from my iPhone

post-287732-14699552911751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shell ????

You guys have all done so well to lose that must in such a short time

Well done!!!!

I lost a total of 34kgs it took me 5 months

But I was a low weight sleeved so am at goal at this Weight

I have to tell you guys I can eat more and can eat and drink anything and can gain weight if not careful

So ride out the time of not being hungry and not being able to eat certain foods lose as much as you can as the struggle will return I just want to be honest it's not a 100% fix

It's a tool for now to change your mindset then it's up to you!!!!