Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 20th surgeries out there?

To the ones that say surgery is a quick, easy fix. It's not, it's a permeant lifestyle change, one that took careful thought before the decision to have the surgery and will require a lifetime's worth of "dieting". As for easy: please, dieting is easy. You get to just limit your food and increase your exercise and can stop anytime you want and have a feast of all your favorite foods anytime you want. With this wls, *I* am never going to be able to eat what I was before, in fact, most of my favorite foods I am rarely going to get to enjoy or have to give up completely.

To those that say you can do it on your own. Maybe it's possible to do on it's own but I know myself well enough to know that *I* can't do this without the right tools for success. *I* need the tool of wls if I am every going to be healthy.

To those that just want to be negative, *I* have doubts myself somedays and don't need you to add any more. What *I* do need is support, knowing that *I* am doing all I can to be healthy both physically and mentally. *I* need a cheerleader to encourage me to do my best. In the words of thumper (from Bambi) "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.".

To those that made this decision to have wls. Way to go! You can do it. This is about you and making you a healthy person. It's not going to be easy, and there will be time of longing for the past but in the end it will be worth it. Keep your head up and carry on.

I did tell a few people myself that I was having the wls. Only heard a few negative comments but dismisses them as ignorant caring on their part. I know that this is going to be one of the best decisions of my life and it's less then a week away!

I have been telling everyone, because it's something I'm excited about an want to share. People are always going to have something to say, but regardless of what they say I'm gonna do what I wanna do! Not what they want me to do! As for your so called friends... There not your friends, there haters!!! Keep your head up an keep it moving, cause at the end if the day your doing whats best for you NOT them;)

#HeadUpChestOut

Hi everyone! Omg! I had to check in. Can't believe surgery is in 2 days!!!! So excited and nervous!

Started by clear liquid diet today. So far so good just feel like a need substance to function but sticking with it!! One more day and a wake up and it will be go time!!! So excited!!!

Just got home from buying a bunch of different broths and sugar free Jello. Also stocked up on sugar free Italian ice. Holy crap...surgery is the day after tomorrow!! Trying to stay focused on keeping hydrated and cleaning...lots of cleaning!!

I'm really lucky...no pre op diet for me. My surgery is Tuesday ( it's currently Monday morning here in Western Australia) and all I have to do is have one day of liquids only but I'm even doubting my ability to do that!

I'm so nervous that I will fail post op. I've tried so many diets over the years, I can't get it out of my head that this will just be another one and I will end up spending a heap of money, with no outcome.

Fingers crossed, in a couple of months I will be lighter and not doubting my ability to do this.

Can't believe tomorrow is almost here my surgery date. I have lots to do to prepare. I hope I get some sleep tonight. My heart is beating so fast.

My wife and I are eagerly and nervously anticipating our May 20th surgeries. Our day will start in Ohio and end with surgery late in the afternoon in Tijuana, Mexico. It will be a long day but well worth it!

My wife and I are eagerly and nervously anticipating our May 20th surgeries. Our day will start in Ohio and end with surgery late in the afternoon in Tijuana, Mexico. It will be a long day but well worth it!

Prayers with you both. Keep us posted. Be blessed.

I'm really lucky...no pre op diet for me. My surgery is Tuesday ( it's currently Monday morning here in Western Australia) and all I have to do is have one day of liquids only but I'm even doubting my ability to do that! I'm so nervous that I will fail post op. I've tried so many diets over the years, I can't get it out of my head that this will just be another one and I will end up spending a heap of money, with no outcome. Fingers crossed, in a couple of months I will be lighter and not doubting my ability to do this.

I was having the same thoughts earlier tonight. Just doubts and being scared that after going through all this hard work I'll somehow end up back here 2, 3, even 5 years from now. Then I was thinking 'am I really going to remove 75% of my stomach? Isn't that kind of drastic?' I think it's only natural to have these thoughts and doubts at this stage. Luckily we're not alone. Hang in there and I wish you best of luck on your surgery and recovery!

Prayers to all who are having the surgery within the next few days!

I'm with most of you.....nerves, packing, nerves, cleaning, nerves, drinking shakes, nerves, nerves with a little bit of fear sprinkled in. In spite of it all this IS the right decision for me and I WILL be transformed inside and out!

Pep talk complete (funny thing is...I'm a soon to be fully licensed marriage and family therapist ha!!) Head to heart is where it's at! Decision is 99 percent in the heart now so...I can deal with the 1 percent that resides in my head :-)

Tuesday....Here I come! See you all on the losers bench!!

I really thought I'd be nervous at this point. Surgery is in less than 36 hours and I am not nervous at all. I think it's all just so surreal, I don't believe it's really happening. I'm just doing what I'm told to do and keeping my head down--just trusting my surgeon and his staff.

Edited by Turbosleeve