Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 20th surgeries out there?

First dr visit today. They checked my drain and removed bandages. I got clearance to take a shower today...wooohoooo!. Belly button incision stings like "aaarrrrgggghhhh". Drain wont come out until may 30 (damn drain). But so far so good. Looking forward to next week for full liquids! Walked 1/2 mile this morning.

It's truly amazing to me how different everyone's journey is. Who had pre op diets of 2-3 weeks, who has no pre op diet at all. Who has a catheter who doesn't, and the drains... It just blows my mind how different each surgeon is .

Good job on the walking , and enjoy that shower lol

Yes so many have so many different requirements. At the end of week 2. My doctor would like me to focus on light strength training instead of cardio. He says I can lift under 20 lbs. he says the weight will come off. His concern is to build muscle that burns fat, not lose muscle and fat. Although I'm getting all of my walking in I have to lie down frequently, so I hope I am walking enough. I'm trying to take all the fluids in, but it is challenging. I am so gonna enjoy that shower this evening. Keep it up folks, we can do this! Incisions are sooooooo sore!

It is amazing how different our experiences are. No drains or catheter etc for me. Just 5 wounds none of which have stitches. Now just sip, sip, sip. I must be honest and admit my sipping for the next hour is a small skinny soy hazelnut latte. I don't drink a lot of coffee but I have missed it. So great to hear everyone is doing so well. Has anyone not lost weight? I weigh 400 grams more than I did the day before I went into hospital. I am assuming this is just Fluid from the op. Bit disconcerting tho considering the first day and a half after surgery I only had the iv fluids.

I'm so glad to hear everyone is on the road to recovery! I also have no drains, catheter, or stitches. I had to go to my family doctor today because my blood pressure has been alarmingly high since the day after surgery. I'm usually 126/70 and it's been 164/104 for the past couple of days. My surgeon couldn't pin point if it was maybe drug interactions, or my body adjusting. All in all I just have to monitor it for a couple more days. Hopefully it levels out. I had a really rough night home the first night but last night I slept like a baby and felt great today. I find that I need a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, but whenI wake up I feel like my battery has been recharged lol. I started incorporating my Protein Shake but it's hard... I feel like I'm just consuming, consuming, consuming. Like my entire purpose in life is to be constantly putting something in my mouth. I have a LOT of gas today, but it's moving so not a whole lot of pain, just awkward noises and gurgling.

How is everyone else doing?

It is amazing how different our experiences are. No drains or catheter etc for me. Just 5 wounds none of which have stitches. Now just sip, sip, sip. I must be honest and admit my sipping for the next hour is a small skinny soy hazelnut latte. I don't drink a lot of coffee but I have missed it. So great to hear everyone is doing so well. Has anyone not lost weight? I weigh 400 grams more than I did the day before I went into hospital. I am assuming this is just Fluid from the op. Bit disconcerting tho considering the first day and a half after surgery I only had the iv fluids.

I am so jealous that you get to have coffee.. Yet another difference lol... I miss my coffee.. 2 weeks post op I can have ... I actually gained weight after I got home, but today when I stepped on scale had lost 5 lbs

Hi tara I had an abdominal band on but my surgeon said I didn't need it so I took it off and I didn't notice any difference with the band on or off except a tight squeeze.

Anyone know how long we can anticipate these gas pains? I would think that most of the air they pump you with for the procedure would be out by now...

Anyone know how long we can anticipate these gas pains? I would think that most of the air they pump you with for the procedure would be out by now...

Right when I think the gas is gone.. Bang it pops up again! I just walk it off.. Hopefully it ends soon!

So how's everyone doing?! Is anybody starting full liquids tomorrow? I'm feeling pretty good.. Pain is minimal, hunger is pretty nonexistent , I'm thirsty thirsty thirsty, but I'm dealing. I've been on clear liquids.. Only Water, SF ice pops, and crystal light ... Not even broth as per surgeon . Tomorrow I'm supposed to start full liquids , but for me, that literally means Protein Shakes only along with water , sf drinks . I know some people get to have Soup, etc on full liquid, but I'm supposed to do this phase another 2 weeks before that! I'm excited I can drink a little faster tomorrow , as I'm do thirsty, and today was the first day I felt so weak, so Protein should help with that!

How is everyone?

Does anyone else have compression stockings? How long did you have to where? ARRRGGGHHH they are annoying me!

Don't have them, just walk .,, I can imagine how annoying they would be ;( how long are you supposed to wear?

I walk a lot, so I just paged my surgeon, he said I can take them off if I'm walking, wooohoooo! I hated them, they were so damn tight it was making me hot. I start full liquids on Wed. I get to hv Soups and pudding and watered down grits. I can't wait. Not hungry but tired of liquid. I hope my boobs get smaller, lol can't put on bra, too uncomfortable. Now if I could just gt rid of this drain things would be great, lol lol.

So how's everyone doing?! Is anybody starting full liquids tomorrow? I'm feeling pretty good.. Pain is minimal, hunger is pretty nonexistent , I'm thirsty thirsty thirsty, but I'm dealing. I've been on clear liquids.. Only Water, SF ice pops, and crystal light ... Not even broth as per surgeon . Tomorrow I'm supposed to start full liquids , but for me, that literally means Protein Shakes only along with water , sf drinks . I know some people get to have Soup, etc on full liquid, but I'm supposed to do this phase another 2 weeks before that! I'm excited I can drink a little faster tomorrow , as I'm do thirsty, and today was the first day I felt so weak, so Protein should help with that! How is everyone?

I tried some Tomato Soup with non flavored protein mixed in and my stomach loved that. By loved that I mean it stopped gurgling lol. Actually felt like something was in there. Tomorrow I'm gonna try some other strained Soups and try to get protein in. I've been handling skim milk well, so I may be able to try some plain yogurt-we'll see how dairy goes. Cross your fingers!

Tonight my parents had a cook out-juicy burgers and hotdogs on the grill. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong my head hunger was in full swing, but the smell was delicious and it made my mouth water...but I wasn't actually hungry for it. I ate soup and protein instead lol.

Good luck on your next phase and your recovery!

I've been on full liquids since Friday so Soup etc is my main source of energy until June 4th then purée for 2 weeks, soft diet for one week then full foods but only 1/2 c of food per meal.

I had my sleeve done on Monday 5/19 and aside from quite a bit of gas.... I feel just the same. I don't feel hungry thank goodness, I am sipping something all the time no real pain (gas cramps) no taste changes. Can this really be so perfect?