Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well congrats to you for making this decision to make your life better. I'm sure you'll do great. Feel free to reach out to those of us here on the site...and in the NYC area.

I am definitely in for another meet up.. after Thanksgiving would be better for me. I will be kicking off my two liquid pre-op then and will definitely need some inspiration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

After Thanksgiving works for me also anytime after 1 on Saturdays.

Laney

Ah I didn't know if my post made it through, had a little bit of trouble with my account. I needed to reset things, so now I am able to read all the responses.

Let's put the date down for Dec. 17th, from 2-4. The cafe we met at last time was very accommodating to us, and didn't push anything on us.

Perhaps we can also plan for a meet up in NYC for early January, and those from Long Island could make a day of it and get to see the Tree in Rockefeller Center and all the other holiday decorations around the city.

I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving Holiday and spending time with Family and Friends...though I am not loving feeling like a stuffed Turkey in my clothes! Today I have on a pair of jeans that at one point used to be fairly big on me to the point I was about to need a belt. Today they are pressing on my belly button as I sit here at work...and I'm not loving the feeling AT ALL!!!

At the office today, they had a pre-holiday Thanksgiving feast...it was a great way to have the group bond! Really though do we any of us need another feast? The food was amazing, but I kept my plate to a reasonable portion and took just a tiny taste of several items including the salad. There is a smorgasbord of Desserts and I am staying away from all but the tiny piece of carrot cake that one of my co-workers made from scratch.

In anticipation of the upcoming Holiday, I have decided that starting tomorrow, I am planning to implement a liquid diet up until Thanksgiving day.

I think this will help me to overcome some of this bloated feeling I have right now, as well as build some desire to actually partake in the meal that day.

What are your plans leading up to and including the holiday? Are you cooking? Visiting with friends/family? What is your most anticipated food for Thanksgiving?

Perhaps we can also plan for a meet up in NYC for early January, and those from Long Island could make a day of it and get to see the Tree in Rockefeller Center and all the other holiday decorations around the city.

Fyi, the tree will be up through January 7.

Going into the city to see the tree and to meet others I am up for. See you and everyone else on December 17th.

Happy Thanksgiving

Elaine

If the decision is to meet up on the 17, I'd like to join. Lisa...I'd need to ask if you can pick me up at the nearest LIRR station though. B) Let me know if that's do-able.

Corey already said it would work fine because I would take the train to Woodside instead of coming back into the city, and then we can take the 7 train back to Flushing to meet up with my girlfriend.

Liz

If it's a definite for the 17th I'll be there. I'll be 12 days post op at that point. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Liz, the babylon train station is only a block away from the coffee house we met at last time.

Congrats Jack on your first 12 days post op. I am 3 months out and doing well. Looking forward to seeing everyone again on the 17rh.

Laney

If it's a definite for the 17th I'll be there. I'll be 12 days post op at that point. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Liz, the babylon train station is only a block away from the coffee house we met at last time.

Jack best wishes on Monday. I will be going on the 12th.

Thanks. But unfortunately I've been postponed at the last minute. The insurance verifier dropped the ball and submitted the paperwork late. Now I'm on hold with no answer until Monday on a date. Meanwhile I've taken time off from work, submitted for FMLA, and most importantly gotten myself ready psychologically. I'm beyond disappointed. I'm actually upset.

Jack, I am so sorry to hear about your postponement..This is just a small step backwards for the giant leap forward you will be taking soon. Try not to let this get to you. Remember all the hard work you have done up to this point to prepare for your journey. I will keep you in my prayers that everything works out for you on Monday and you get a new surgery date quickly. We are all here to support each other and if you need to vent please do. Laney

Thanks. But unfortunately I've been postponed at the last minute. The insurance verifier dropped the ball and submitted the paperwork late. Now I'm on hold with no answer until Monday on a date. Meanwhile I've taken time off from work, submitted for FMLA, and most importantly gotten myself ready psychologically. I'm beyond disappointed. I'm actually upset.

So sorry this is happening, especially at the last minute! Hoping you get an answer on Monday, and get it rescheduled quickly to allow for minimum interruption, especially with your FMLA.

Hi Everyone,

Just getting a chance to catch up! I'm in for the 17th! Liz no problem picking you up/dropping you off.

Jack it's Monday! I hope you hear back from your insurance company....and if you do not hear from them by lunch time here is a bit of advice...Call them up! Do not wait for them to get back to you. Not the Dr. or the insurance company. Remember that YOU are paying them and that they work FOR you!

Be the boss of your health care and make the calls. Call them out on their mistakes and let them know you have done all you need to do including your FMLA and preps and you demand an answer post haste!! Get that next available date that you can be ready. Let us all know how it goes and if you need a pep talk just message us and we will all rally behind you :)