Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It was great meeting everyone this evening at the coffee shop. I

Ok forward to our next meeting.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Sorry, auto correct. I look forward to meeting again soon.

Hi All,

Any interest in a meeting before Thanksgiving? This Saturday at the same coffee house?

Or perhaps after Thanksgiving for some moral support and back on track discussion??

Hi All,

Any interest in a meeting before Thanksgiving? This Saturday at the same coffee house?

Or perhaps after Thanksgiving for some moral support and back on track discussion??

oh boy do I need a back on track discussion...15 lbs. Lisa... 15 lbs. I don't fit into some of my clothes... If you do after Thanksgiving, I might be available. This Saturday we're heading to Lincoln Center for an evening of La Boheme.

Hi Lisa,

I will be able to do after Thanksgiving also. This Saturday I had plans with my daughter.

Elaine

Excellent so lets plan a date for after Thanksgiving!

I am available the following dates:

November 26th

December 3

December 17

To be honest Liz, I have to tell you that I have not been focused on any kind of weight loss, and I really do need to get back to my own health. I am due for a physical on the 29th and I need to talk to the Dr. about getting back in the gym. Need to get my heart rate under control, it seems I have grown a tolerance to the medication and sometimes my heart rate is in excess of 133 BPM which only serves to make me very tired, and not able to do much of anything until it passes. I'm sure the stress of family stuff has not helped in the slightest. My cousin passed away last week, and that was very upsetting...now if I could just catch a break....I am trying to do just that in every moment I can.

Right now sitting at my desk and listening to Chopin and practicing my breathing...and harnessing my chi :)

I hear you Lisa. Fortunately, my weight gain is due to happy stuff...Corey and I are having fun with food, and it's hard for me to get the genie back in the bottle. But I've been told by my doctor and others, that I need to drop a few lbs. and I know that I want to be at around 125 lbs. I'm creeping way too close to 140 and that's bad....really bad.

So...I can tell you already that I'm still in Florida on 11/26 and in Philadelphia on 12/3. I might be able to do 12/17. I have plans for dinner with a friend in Flushing and I might be able to do both dinner and a meet up depending on what time you guys typically meet and of course where.

If Corey isn't working that Saturday, I might even find myself on LI at his place. I suspect though that he'll be working and in the city by me....which means my taking the LIRR out there and then taking it back to Queens.

Let me check with Corey...and let me know what time you think you would meet and we'll go from there. I don't even know if the date works with everyone else....

Hi all! I'm pre-op and would love all the support I can get I'm from NYC

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Welcome. I live in the city as well.

Hi! Are you pre op or post op?

I'm nearly four years out from lapband surgery. If you look at my profile, you will see that I lost around 135 lbs. I've been in maintenance for about 2 1/2 years and until recently, stayed within 5 lbs. of my ideal weight. I am struggling now because I'm in a new relationship and enjoying eating out and all the other fun stuff that comes with romance. I plan on stopping the madness because some of my clothes no longer fit and I will not start that nonsense again...having clothing in several sizes because my weight yo-yo's. Fortunately, my band will help me to get my weight back to where it needs to be. I just have to be more vigilant. It's true with WLS as it's true with any 'lifestyle' change. Losing the weight is easy. Keeping it off is hard.

Hi! Are you pre op or post op?

I'm nearly four years out from lapband surgery. If you look at my profile, you will see that I lost around 135 lbs. I've been in maintenance for about 2 1/2 years and until recently, stayed within 5 lbs. of my ideal weight. I am struggling now because I'm in a new relationship and enjoying eating out and all the other fun stuff that comes with romance. I plan on stopping the madness because some of my clothes no longer fit and I will not start that nonsense again...having clothing in several sizes because my weight yo-yo's. Fortunately, my band will help me to get my weight back to where it needs to be. I just have to be more vigilant. It's true with WLS as it's true with any 'lifestyle' change. Losing the weight is easy. Keeping it off is hard.

Wow congratulations on the weight loss! I totally understand where your coming from except this will be my first time going for surgery. The yo-yo thing is the worst constantly battling with clothes / sizes. Starting all over again for the hundredth time. I have been in the best shape before and now I'm at the worst.