Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This too shall pass... In the future , When someone comments that WLS is the "easy" way out, this what you'll remember. It's not easy , but it is life changing . Like childbirth and labor , the bad memories will fade.

Just sending you hugs. A month of feeling crappy would send anyone to tears. How frustrating. If you don't feel like you are getting the support you need from your surgeon, I'd suggest a second opinion. You can also call your PCP or whomever prescribes your Zoloft. Maybe there is an oral form. If not, (and even if so) maybe some therapy is a good idea. Depression is tough and the lower you go, the harder it is to climb out of. You don't need all of that at once. Hope there is some sunshine where you live. Maybe get outside for an hour today and go someplace beautiful and soak it all in.

Will be looking forward to hearing what the doctor said.

As others have said -- this will pass.

At 5 days post op I had internal bleeding and almost died. Rushed to the hospital through a major snow storm and had emergency surgery.

I regretted having WLS for about 1 month.

However after losing lots of weight, getting off all my meds and diabetes gone, I'm so glad I did this. I actually would do this again even if I knew about the second surgery beforehand.

Chin up ... Things will get better.

I can totally relate to your post. I had a very difficult surgery (mine was a revision from band to sleeve) in November and had a 4 day hospital stay due to complications. I too had severe swelling and wasn't able to get any liquids in (other than IV's) the first three days. I would try and it would come right back out. I had an Upper GI done and it showed there was no passage way due to the swelling..... So, I just had to wait for the swelling to go down.

When I was about a week out, I fell into a terrible depression (despite being on Zoloft) and to just wait it out. I remember crying because I was thinking about my dog, who is 8, would die in several years. I have no reason to believe this, except she's 8 but she's healthy. I'm just mentioning this because a lot of what I felt was just emotion and not rational at all. My hormones were all over the place, I was sore, tired and HUGRY and I lost my most basic coping skill, eating for comfort.

As far as sleeping, I asked my primary to prescribe Ambien to help me sleep and she did. I have always struggled with insomnia but after surgery it was ridiculous and this was really helpful. I am a side sleeper as well and couldn't sleep in my bed for about 4 weeks. I slept in a recliner with pillows and that made for a comfortable night sleep.

There is light.... I know it feels dark and hopeless in the moment but you will make it through to the other side.

I do want to mention that I believe Zoloft comes in a liquid form and maybe your doc can prescribe that?

Im not upset with you at all for posting this. I am a week pre op and i need to hear that its not going to all be unicorns and butterflies and then hear this is normal because I am sure I will be going through the same thing and I dont want to feel like Im in this alone. So I thank you miss for venting where I can read and prepare for a month or two of hardship. I am sure of it though that in the end it will all feel like a distant dream and I will be happy about it.

I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope that you start feeling the sunshine on your face and your beauty within come to the surface leaving you with no more regrets just a wonderful life and future to enjoy! HUGS!

Im a 26 days post op and still feeling bad! I still have some pain, cant sleep well and cant sleep on my side. Some days ago i started to feel nauseos all the time. I still have regrets!!

I was so surprised to have so much of an emotional change...My first week I cried at least once a day...they play freaking food commercials all day long and it all looks amazing so I had my regrets within those first few days but now I'm two weeks out and it kind of feels like my emotions have somewhat evened out. I was very sick post op with the vomiting and such I too had a hiatal hernia repaired and the pain from that was worse then anything to do with the sleeve part of the surgery. Walking has helped me a lot!! I walk on our local track and it's kind of my quiet time to reflect and focus on my end result...I picture myself running the laps and I love having the image in my head of me skinny and fit and feeling amazing :) Hang in there!

I guess I had it "easy" in comparison...but I have RA, so I am used to living with pain... I have depression and anxiety as well... my husband was very helpful and supportive thru the whole process...he is always there for me!

As everyone else said...this too shall pass (etc etc etc)... yadda, yadda, yadda... walk, sip, and move on.

I slept in a recliner as well in the beginning, I was most comfortable there, I would take tylenol pm, put on the tv, and within an hour, I was OUT!!!! Good luck!

I hear you girl one thing if you are getting dehydrated go to your surgeon you should be admitted for fluids do not let this go it is important plus with everything going on I'm sure it is confusing what's next because none of this is planned I had gastric bypass in 2003 but got thrown back into it last Wednesday I woke up pissed off mad as hell and I'm still on journey has begun again an I had no plans of it ugh please take care of you because no one else will

My husband and I researched WLS 10 years. We knew what to expect, what the risks were, and what our risks were if we had not had the surgery. I hope anyone who has not had surgery yet makes sure they can handle this. It is not for everyone. We both had hernias. We both were prepared not to eat pizza and french fries the rest of our lives. We gave up cola and alcohol. We are smiling at each other today, over 4 months later, because the sleeve surgery has exceeded our expectations. I am so sorry for anyone who has had these extreme problems, but I have also seen threads where someone is very sick and in two days they post how much better they are feeling or had an issue resolved by their surgeon. I would do everything in my power to follow strict eating and drinking guidelines, even if it meant eating yogurt 3 times a day because nothing is worse than being ill. WLS is not for everyone. You will still want pizza. If you are depressed you will still be depressed. If you drink and party, you will still want to drink and party. I wish better days for everyone who is feeling sick. Linda

I am three weeks out today from having my surgery. I was so sick the first night I thought I was going to die, literally, I was throwing up brown dried blood. When the RN promised me that in the morning I would feel better, I growled at him... He was right. Then, I could not go home the day I should have due to (another) snow storm. I survived that extra night. The first night home, I slept in the recliner. Then I moved to my bed, sleeping on my side, but supported by pillows. I am finally able to ride in the car without too much discomfort -- bumps were tear jerkers for a while.

I still get nauseated almost everyday for a little while, but not nearly as bad as it was. I find that I feel hungry, starved, and then, I eat a little and it feels better, almost like I have eaten too much. I cannot get down Protein shakes anymore. I had a hard time after surgery getting down three a day, let alone the five they recommend. I did a lot of sugar free Jello, sf popsicles, and some chicken broth. Those were the things that got my Fluid intake up... seemed like I always had to have something to keep it up. I never did get up to the ful 64 oz... and am having an even harder time now that I have "food" (the soft food diet).

While at home, I hated watching television. I never realized before how many commercials are for food and how many shows have someone eating or food sitting out.

Your hair would be falling out partly because of the lack of Protein. Kellogg does have a protein that can be mixed in Water... It is only 5 grams, but it is better than no protein. Your hair may also be having some after effects from the anesthia and the hormonal changes. That happened to my daughter, she lost a lot of her hair after a surgery she had when she was 12!

I know how you are stuggling... it is an awful feeling. I would suggest that you call your surgeon's office and ask about the depression. They can help with that if the Zolofot is not working...different med may help or even changing the dosage. Also, get some antiacid stuff from them. It makes it a little easier for the fluids also.... that can be part of the feeling that something is weighing down on your chest

Best of luck...and in two weeks, you will feel somewhat more human (I know since I am at 3 weeks today)

You sound just like me. I also had a hiatal hernia repair and couldn't get anything down. Ended up in the hospital 5 days post op for fluids and pain meds and anything that would help. I was miserable and sick all the time and had huge regrets and also wanted pizza. I still want pizza, BAD!!lol. I'm 6 weeks out now. I still feel depressed and I finally just today got a script for liquid lexapro. I have H Pylori and have to take tons of antibiotics and omeprazole and Zofran on top of that because it all makes me nauseous. It totally sux. But then I step on the scale and I'm down 25 lbs and I fit into some jeans I haven't been able to wear in a while and then I remember why I wanted to do this in the first place. Then I come here to this support group and read that it's going to be okay. That it WILL get better. I'm still waiting for the day I will feel "normal" but I do feel better now at 6 weeks than I did at 1 week. So every week I hope and pray the regrets go away. Hang in there, I know you will be happy with your decision one day and so will I. Oh and get liquid Zinc for Hair loss. I've been taking it and haven't lost any of my hair so far.

I could have written your post. I am 10 days post op and pretty darn miserable, angry, and regretful. My problem is my stomach has spasms every time I swallow anything. I stayed in the hospital 5 days because I could not get anything down. Every swallow causes a spasm and pain. On top of that, something is giving me gas. This isn't gas from the surgery, it's gas in my stomach. It hits on my left side and drops me to my knees in pain. Oh, and did I mention diarrhea, explosive diarrhea? If I knew what was causing it, I'd stop it. I've been drinking Almond Milk and using my Protein powder for 2 years. I don't think that's the cause. I have never drank Snapple before and that's what I've been drinking for fluids. Maybe all that fruity stuff is what's bothering me, I just don't know. I've eliminated the Snapple and I'll wait and see what my bowels decide.

I am sorry you're having a hard time, believe me I know how how you feel, I do, I do, I do. I'm clinging to other people's posts that it does get better. We can cling together. Hang in there. :)