Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apparently I disappointed someone...

Mrs RRn

You are a dear sweet young thing, so let me give you some idea of how I, as a less sweet, take-no-prisoners, 50 something, respond to people who bring sh1t to my door...post-176509-0-79855700-1396815731_thumb.jpg

This was my actual response:

"As a wls patient myself, I can tell you it's not an easy lifestyle- well, maybe not the way I chose to live. There are a lot of wls patients walking around fat bc they don't change. I measure/ weigh every piece of food that goes into my body. I eat a very restricted diet I workout everyday- sometimes up to 3 hours a day... Surgery is just a tool. Don't be too crushed. It's about becoming healthy to hopefully have a healthy family one day.

:) "

And others posted some really amazing comments after me. I was just thrilled.

@@Madam Reverie perhaps BITE ME would've been better. LOL

MrsRRN~ if it sounds like jealous and it acts like jealous... then it is jealousy the big ole green eye'd monster.

Your response to her was nothing more then supportive. Your attitude for having a healthier and happier life is not dependant on her approval.

Post on your FB page done be jealous just make the call : )

Remember some people are in your life for a reason, a season and a life time. Who you have in it is up too you!

Just like food, you need to decide if he/she is supportive or not supportive and weed out the weeds in your life (kind like junk food).

Have a happy and healty life!! You deserve it baby!!

Edited by BellaHugz

Yep, we've cut 3/4 of our stomachs out. I think there will be some 'friends' that will require the same surgical removal. I told my friends, family and my work mates about what I'm doing , but not my whole FB community. I told the people who see me every day and I socialize with regularly. I hope they will see me making positive changes in eating and drinking habits and will help me along the way. Everyone that I've told have been very supportive, but I'm sure there will be issues along the way. When 2/5 of my starting weight is gone, I have no idea how my circle will react.

I love your response, but I hope you also hit that unfriend button as soon as you responded.

Oh, and I would so patent the shitometer. That bad boy would SO come in handy.

Mrs RRn

You are a dear sweet young thing, so let me give you some idea of how I, as a less sweet, take-no-prisoners, 50 something, respond to people who bring sh1t to my door...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Indigo rocks. That is a fact.

Yep, we've cut 3/4 of our stomachs out. I think there will be some 'friends' that will require the same surgical removal. I told my friends, family and my work mates about what I'm doing , but not my whole FB community. I told the people who see me every day and I socialize with regularly. I hope they will see me making positive changes in eating and drinking habits and will help me along the way. Everyone that I've told have been very supportive, but I'm sure there will be issues along the way. When 2/5 of my starting weight is gone, I have no idea how my circle will react.

I love your response, but I hope you also hit that unfriend button as soon as you responded.

The 'give-a-shitometer' in that turn, has been plagiarized off me. Please don't plagiarize my ideas, unless you cite the source. It's depressing. And, in print? illegal :P

Edited by Madam Reverie

just marry my ex for a few years, you will develop a very fine tuned internal shitometer that can spot bullshit a mile away.

Ahh, well, you see...

I am going to patent the name, 'give-a-shitometer' (and all variants of the name, logos and devices). I cannot patent the actual device, as there is no pre-defined unit that people can accurately identify or quantify. Additionally, no matter how hard some people try, theirs will always be a little broken. (Sorry yours was dysfunctional for a while, Moonlite x)

The 'Shitometer' which, as far as intellectual property rights are concerned, (as determined by the patent office) may be used only by people on this website. Any use outside of this domain, will be subject to licensing conditions and appropriate charges.

What charges you ask?

Well, that would be homemade lasagne (none of this packet malarky), garlic bread and a cheeky side salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Alternatively and for you southern crew, I'd take some slow smoked baby-back pork ribs in a cheeky homemade rub or BBQ Sauce. And homemade slaw. And maybe a Philly cheese Steak. And maybe a grilled cheese sandwich. And perhaps a smattering of Pulled Pork... And...

I need to go to bed before I end up raiding my fridge! :D

I feel like I might be missing something. There hasn't been anything easy about this. I'm not being cheeky. I talked to a friend before having the surgery and she said it was the easiest thing she ever did. She is 3 years out and is a size 4. Since my surgery, I have no restriction. I go to the gym everyday, I eat next to nothing, become lactose intolerant, and fight for every last pound to come off despite my efforts. In fact I gained weight this last week. How it's possible is beyond me. I've told very few people about my decision to undergo the knife. I live in a small town and I really don't think it's anyone's business. Unfortunately nosey family and a few loose lips who feel entitled to know may have ruined my privacy. I wish people would back off and mind their own damn business! So far the only benefit I've found from the surgery is not feeling hunger. Everything else has been my own willpower to eat trace amounts of food, work out, etc. I realize people are hurt when they find out because they think they should be in the know. It is amazing to me all the comments like, see you don't need WLS to lose weight. Etc, etc. sorry this subject just sets me off!

Ahh, well, you see...

I am going to patent the name, 'give-a-shitometer' (and all variants of the name, logos and devices). I cannot patent the actual device, as there is no pre-defined unit that people can accurately identify or quantify. Additionally, no matter how hard some people try, theirs will always be a little broken. (Sorry yours was dysfunctional for a while, Moonlite x)

The 'Shitometer' which, as far as intellectual property rights are concerned, (as determined by the patent office) may be used only by people on this website. Any use outside of this domain, will be subject to licensing conditions and appropriate charges.

What charges you ask?

Well, that would be homemade lasagne (none of this packet malarky), garlic bread and a cheeky side salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Alternatively and for you southern crew, I'd take some slow smoked baby-back pork ribs in a cheeky homemade rub or BBQ Sauce. And homemade slaw. And maybe a Philly cheese Steak. And maybe a grilled cheese sandwich. And perhaps a smattering of Pulled Pork... And...

I need to go to bed before I end up raiding my fridge! :D

@@madam, I love this new ligo "ShitOmeter" once again I have a smile on my face to your response.

@ Indigo, I have going to copy this picture and put it on my FB..

I sent out an email to my family and friends prior to surgery. Explained what I was doing, why I was doing it, the complications I have had over the years with obesity and the success that I am looking forward to being healthier now.

I recieved positive support from all but 1 family member and 1 friend. I wanted to do this, so that I would know who not to waste my time on with my progress.

The two that had negative comments and lack of understanding, (or jealousy) I just deleted from my contacts.

I need to recover and move forward without those judgement words,

I lived by them far too long.

Edited by Aileen-March 2014 Sleeved

BellaHugz, you go girl! x

You handled it like a classy lady. I would have handled it like a drunk sailor.

that is why the only person that knows is my husband. i feel we are going through enough without being attacked by people that have no knowledge of what we've been through and continue to face daily. that posts screams "stupid" to me. if you truly have a lack of knowledge about a matter it's best to keep quiet because you only make an ass of yourself. bottom line…..she's jealous because you're looking and feeling better than she is. too bad there is not a surgery for jealously! keep on keeping on. i am only 27 days post op and would love to battle it out with someone like her about now. this is not the easy route. she should do a little research on the subject before spouting off. you handled it well by the way!

You handled it like a classy lady. I would have handled it like a drunk sailor.

Love it!

"Cheeky Homemade Rub" - is that what they are calling it these days? In that case, two please!

Edited by SnohoGal98296