Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apparently I disappointed someone...

My response would have simply been. Don't be crushed, Be happy for me. It's not for sissies! Ask me sometime before you berate me.

Probably think if I wanted this person in my life after that. If she was not in the inner circle to begin with, probably not a big loss.

Edited by newat52

Is she over weight?

I think if respond with like "I know how you feel, I was so happy for my friend getting pregnant but crushed to find out they did it in vitro."

Or "I was so happy my friend recovered from

cancer but then I was crushed to find out they got "the chemo".

Loveit2012, you are spot on my friend! Love these retorts!

Glad I saw this post. I just got back onto Facebook last week. Just posted a current picture today.

I've lost 95 and know there will be at least 1 person who will want to call me out on exactly how I did it.

Reading threw this gives me some sort of confidence knowing how I will handle when that day comes.

OMG I had a friend tell me a year ago, about soomeone she knew " she only had wls, big deal" I am floored today of those words, and if anyone ever said them to me again, watch out cause we're going to tackle. I had cancer surgery back in 2006, I had a full hysterectomy, and tumor removal, I was hospitalized for 2 weeks, projectile vomiting, tubes down my throat, and I will say there's been no harder journey then the pre-op, and post-op of wls. When I woke up in recovery I felt as if someone took a chainsaw to my abdomen, I was screaming in pain, but they did run over, and administer pain meds into my IV, and kept me pretty med uped after. The diet is fowl, oh yes I love being on a all clear liquid diet for a week, you should try it sometime, and then graduating to puree, how do I rate? So anyone who hasn't took the ride, this is no easy journey, it's a lifetime commitment to being healthy, after killing ourselves for so long. Dam those who don't understand, I don't care. I just hope, and wish you never have to make this decision, and I'm sure my fellow sleevers wish they never had to make this decision, but we had to, and we are here. Good luck everyone.

I used to think the same way, before I decided to have the surgery. I used to think it was the easy way out...but I am seeing that this is a LOT of work. Keep your head up and don't worry about that "friend"...there will always be critics.

I had a Facebook "friend" who made a post about paying for lazy fat people's surgery after the AMA declared obesity a disease. I replied telling her that she was ignorant and cruel and then promplty un-friended her. That's the beauty of Facebook, you do not have to tolerate ignorant clods. She private messaged me because she just simply could not believe I un-friended her and I hit the delete button...problem solved!

Edited by Michele H.

OMG I had a friend tell me a year ago, about soomeone she knew " she only had wls, big deal" I am floored today of those words, and if anyone ever said them to me again, watch out cause we're going to tackle. I had cancer surgery back in 2006, I had a full hysterectomy, and tumor removal, I was hospitalized for 2 weeks, projectile vomiting, tubes down my throat, and I will say there's been no harder journey then the pre-op, and post-op of wls. When I woke up in recovery I felt as if someone took a chainsaw to my abdomen, I was screaming in pain, but they did run over, and administer pain meds into my IV, and kept me pretty med uped after. The diet is fowl, oh yes I love being on a all clear liquid diet for a week, you should try it sometime, and then graduating to puree, how do I rate? So anyone who hasn't took the ride, this is no easy journey, it's a lifetime commitment to being healthy, after killing ourselves for so long. Dam those who don't understand, I don't care. I just hope, and wish you never have to make this decision, and I'm sure my fellow sleevers wish they never had to make this decision, but we had to, and we are here. Good luck everyone.

OMG it's worse than cancer treatment?!?!?! I knew it was bad but damn.

I thought your response was great.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs

@ Loveit, Not worse then cancer treatment, but it was worse then the surgery I had to remove my cancer. I won't sugar coat, it hurt like hell. I have never felt a pain like that in my 56 yrs.

I am currently pre op and having taken a different approach than some. I have told everyone that would be seeing me on a regular basis what I was kind of surgery I was having. I have had great responses. Even the couple that have said "Oh Im scared for you" and "but you do so well at losing weight on your own" (um have you not realized that everytime I lose 60 lbs I put it all back on?) have been supportive. I just didnt want to have to answer a bunch of questions about how i did it after knowing that I would already be dealing with some mental defeats of my own and an emotional rollercoaster ride in the first couple of months.

As far as FB and IG, I have chose not to be so open. I started a private group and hid it. I added family and friends who I knew would be supportive and want to keep up on how I was doing. Its about 40 of my closest fb family people. I love all the support. :) I know I will run into this but I am ready. Ill have pics of all my Vitamins, my hair loss, my workout schedule, and pics of a normal meal through each of my stages. This is not the easy road and I will be spending more time on meals, workouts, suppliments, and mental health than I ever have in life all because I WILL BE A HAPPIER HEALTHIER ME and for once people like this person I will not put before myself.

You really did handle this with such grace. Im not sure how I will but I will try to have as much class as you or maybe I will just use "BITE ME" ;)