Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Out of surgery. Theses gas pains are no joke! Drank a little Water. Burping like crazy! Hope everyone is well Today

Almost 24 hours since surgery! Feeling a little better as i have been walking around and got to brush my teeth. Have to get down 8 oz of water in an hour to go home so working in that today. Every sip i take I can feel in my throat. Scared of vomiting because that would hurt my abdomen.

Dont rush it. If u cant get fluids down and have to stay another day then so b it. Better then forcing yourself. I vomited after surgery....wasnt pleasant

im so happy all went well for everyone that had their surgery... and i have to agree with marmello dont rush it staying another day with be worth it in the long run. my daughter had it done last april and had to stay the extra day... she is down 120lb in a year.. i go today for pulmonary clearance, please keep fingers crossed for me. my surgery was postponed once already :( its now scheduled for april 24th

Hi there. I just had my sleeve on Monday April 14th in Tiajunna Mexico. I am from canada. Feel so much better today! I'm off the Iv and beginning with some tea and apple juice.

God early morning from the pro-op room! All went fantastic from beginning to current. It's 1:30 am and can't sleep; I was extremely sedated and it has not worn off yet. My conversations with family were nothing but lullaby songs because I kept falling asleep. Well sleever buddies, how are y'all holding up?

YAY - Good for you! Welcome to the other side!! ;). How are you feeling now? Gassy?? Swallow test yet?

I'm 1 week post op today! Each day I'm feeling more & more normal... I was able to # 2 on day 5 post op! It was tough bit it happened..

Ta Ta

Hello Sleevers! One day post-op and I'm doing excellent as far as pain is concerned...there's NONE, woohoo!! I'm From Denver and my sleeve surgeon is Dr. Franklin Chea who has an office here at St. Joseph and SkyRidge Medical Center. Staff here at St. Joe's are kind and attentive. If I requested something, anything they'd go get it, and not say, "let me get your nurse".

So far; I woke from surgery without any pain nor nausea. I did feel some nausea was when I got up to use the bathroom. The more you walk, the less the nausea.

I am now on liquid prescribed pain reliever, I think it's Vicodin. I slept most of the day yesterday and half today. I could not stay awake for nothing. My husband and kids came to visit and I kept nodding off. LoL! Thankfully they understand.

food they serve us Sleevers is broth and Jello. My assigned nurse keeps my Water full.

Well, I'm about to jus talk about nothing here soon , thanks to Vicodin... So I better get a little bit off shut eye. How's everyone else?

I had my 1 week post op appt today, and everything seems to be healing well. I'm getting enough liquids, more or less, because I do nothing but drink all day long! My live in nanny (aka my sister) leaves tomorrow night so I have some concern that once I'm responsible for the kids and house again, it'll be harder to do my hydration job! My surgeon stressed how important it is to stay on the liquid diet for 7 more days and to take things super slooowww once I start soft/mushy/pureed foods. I just want to chew something ;)

Day 2 post-op:

The hospital's IV drugs really worked on me and I was feeling really awesome... However, upon arriving home last night I am now just starting to feel the surgical effects. I asked my husband to make my bed on the family room sofa and put all my medical stuff on a table next to me. I tried a few hours to rest, but was NOT comfortable at all. Around 1am, I grabbed my Water and made it up the stairs one step at a time and got into my own comfy bed. Yeah, understandably hubby wasn't thrilled I made it upstairs alone.

Today, I'm gonna do my best to stay on track with liquids and Jello. I can feel my intake landing in my stomach, it's uncomfortable and a little nauseating.

I'm off of work the next four weeks, so I need to pre-plan how I'll be eating my meals during my hectic schedule.

I don't know if it's just me, but my vision is still blurry since surgery. I can see all around me but I can't seem to read my prescription labels WITH my glasses!

Congratulations newly sleeved friends!! Post your experience, I wanna know how it's going for you.

Hello everyone. I had my surgery on the 16th and just got home a few hours ago. I walked a ton. I only got nauseous when they gave me the pain meds in my IV but they followed it with zofran and almost instantly the nausea went away..

But the gas pains....I cant get rid of them! Every sip I take feels like I'm swallowing a huge air bubble and I can feel gas just moving all over my abdomin and it hurts pretty bad. I usually have a high tolerence for pain but this feels like swallowing a rock. I walked and walked and walked at the hospital, which I was told was the best thing. Ive tried heating pad and warm liquids but still happening. Anyone else have it for several days? Other than that, I'm doing well.

Hello everyone. I had my surgery on the 16th and just got home a few hours ago. I walked a ton. I only got nauseous when they gave me the pain meds in my IV but they followed it with zofran and almost instantly the nausea went away.. But the gas pains....I cant get rid of them! Every sip I take feels like I'm swallowing a huge air bubble and I can feel gas just moving all over my abdomin and it hurts pretty bad. I usually have a high tolerence for pain but this feels like swallowing a rock. I walked and walked and walked at the hospital, which I was told was the best thing. Ive tried heating pad and warm liquids but still happening. Anyone else have it for several days? Other than that, I'm doing well.

Hi I haven't gotten sleeved yet (April 28) but my nurse told me to bring gas x strips that go on your tongue to hospital. Have you tried those?

Day 2 post-op: The hospital's IV drugs really worked on me and I was feeling really awesome... However, upon arriving home last night I am now just starting to feel the surgical effects. I asked my husband to make my bed on the family room sofa and put all my medical stuff on a table next to me. I tried a few hours to rest, but was NOT comfortable at all. Around 1am, I grabbed my Water and made it up the stairs one step at a time and got into my own comfy bed. Yeah, understandably hubby wasn't thrilled I made it upstairs alone. Today, I'm gonna do my best to stay on track with liquids and Jello. I can feel my intake landing in my stomach, it's uncomfortable and a little nauseating. I'm off of work the next four weeks, so I need to pre-plan how I'll be eating my meals during my hectic schedule. I don't know if it's just me, but my vision is still blurry since surgery. I can see all around me but I can't seem to read my prescription labels WITH my glasses! Congratulations newly sleeved friends!! Post your experience, I wanna know how it's going for you.

Uhhhh the blurry vision post op was awful! I could barely see my ipad emails, forum, text messages etc! My vision seemed Normal on day 5! Isn't vision was worse when I wore my glasses during that time! My dr. said the anti nausea sticker behind my ear can cause that vision reaction!! So hopefully it will get better for you soon.

My days 2-3 post op seemed the most painful - very sore tummy! I have 3 blisters form under my steri-strip tapes over the horizontal incisions in my tummy! Those hurt too! Apparently I had a weird reaction to the tape!

I have been tracking my full liquids & I do good to get 450 calories in a day! However, I getting about 45 g of protein!

How are you doing w/ that now that you are home? Good you have time off of work too! It really is an adjustment! Do you watch the Tube VSG VLOGS? There are 2 gals f/ Denver on there by the name "Thelma & Louise get sleeved"..

Anyway they are 6 weeks post op & make great informative videos.

You are on your way - the worst part is over! ;)

Good luck & keep us posted!

Hi I haven't gotten sleeved yet (April 28) but my nurse told me to bring gas x strips that go on your tongue to hospital. Have you tried those?

Yes...my husband got me some on the way home. So far nothing has helped the gas part.....I'm thinking maybe I'm drinking too quickly. I'm even measuring it out in the medicine cups so who knows....

But honestly, if this is the worst, I'll be ok. Glad I'm keeping liquids down, etc. Happy to be home.

Can't wait to tell my recovery woes...4/23 can't come fast enough! Congrats to all fellow sleevers! Well wishes for speedy recoveries...