Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am fixing to evict the fat brain...It has been bossing me around way too long..

OMG...my husband is already scared...I do alot of resale but can't resist Old Navy and Kohl's...I do so much damage but it's so fun. I used to not have fun shopping...just bought stuff so I could have clothes..now I shop to be cute...and shoes...let's not even go there. I have grown to love coupons and awesome sales. The hubs just drives and refuses to ask how much I have spent.

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Today, hubby and I went to the mall. I saw the cutest pair of overall shorts at The Gap. I proceeded to tell hubby that I can't wear overalls cuz they make me look like a"fat farmer". He said "But ur not fat anymore". Nice of him to notice something that I don't even notice.

I'm still bigger on top than bottom (size 7/8 on bottom, XL on top still) so overalls are not flattering to me but I ended up with my new size 8 denim shorts. Yeah. No more "fat lady stores" for me.

It's taken 3 yrs of weighing 100 lbs less to be aware ot this however... Good luck to u!

Yeah..the hubs had to do some reminding to me today...as he was picking stuff for me to try on. I am taking baby steps on the stores I shop at. I am just so excited for Old Navy because I have never been able to wear their clothes before now. Thanks everyone for your input. You are all sooo awesome.

One thing I am "afraid" of is having to find my own style, if I'm ever out of Lane Bryant sizes... What would I wear if I could shop at normal stores and buy normal sizes?!? Would I be a fashion disaster? Do I care?

So who knows! It's not an issue yet tho....

I am 5 months out and have serious "fat brain" syndrome as well....

I am not the shopper I used to be, no more eyeballing anything anymore. I will need a second job when I get my groove back! Ha ha

I am thinking my hubs is wanting me to get a second job too for all the shopping...

I just tell him: "I am female, watch me shop!"

Elfnow, I know exactly what you mean. I'm going through that right now trying to find my own style. Now that I can go into a store and grab a medium off the rack and have it fit, it's opened a whole new world of clothes for me. So many choices now that I often get overwhelmed and don't buy anything. Also, I'm trying to get used to the feeling of wearing fitted clothes because I always used to wear my clothes big and baggy. Sometimes, I still feel kind of exposed in fitted shirts.

I just showed my hubby the size 14's I bought last week...the ones that were a little too tight last week fit better already this week...He loves them! LOL. Now, I want to go buy some 12's!!!!!!! I have some shorts on order - coming in tomorrow.

Maybe if I hit size 14 or 12 I'll just get plastics and walk around naked... Be all "LOOK HOW AWESOME THIS IS!!" Who needs fashion?!?

But seriously if I get down in those kinda sizes I'll be in a dang bikini in freezing weather. I'll have earned it!!

Bikini...oh God no. I would send folks screaming down the street...LOL..but I am gonna flaunt the little figure I have peeking out when I look in the mirror..am getting comfy with the fitted shirts and am transitioning into 14's. Entered Onederland so planning a shopping trip...oh yes..watch out...LOL...

Every size change is a victory and savor it. And when you never have to buy plus sizes, have a freaking block party.

Edited by dfwtxmissy

Bikini...oh God no. I would send folks screaming down the street...LOL..but I am gonna flaunt the little figure I have peeking out when I look in the mirror..am getting comfy with the fitted shirts and am transitioning into 14's. Entered Onederland so planning a shopping trip...oh yes..watch out...LOL...

Every size change is a victory and savor it. And when you never have to buy plus sizes, have a freaking block party.

I am looking forward to pants that don't have elastic waists, a pair that emphasize the Normal *** t I will have and working on showing off my flat not mounded abs!!!!!

I am so looking forward to not being limited as to where I can shop! The day I walk into a store and fit a "regular" size not a XXL I will probably have bawl my eyes out. So excited and anxious for that! Congrats on your success.

I went to Target tonite..awesome sale by the way and walked out with a white pair of jeans, size 14 and a pair of skinny boyfriend jeans, size 16...still felt like people were judging but who cares....I can rock these jeans let me just say...LOL...ok..gonna lay down before I hurt myself....

I went to Target tonite..awesome sale by the way and walked out with a white pair of jeans, size 14 and a pair of skinny boyfriend jeans, size 16...still felt like people were judging but who cares....I can rock these jeans let me just say...LOL...ok..gonna lay down before I hurt myself....

Oh Target! It's a bad, bad place for me! :). I can easily find something I HAVE to have!