Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant with my band

I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago. I havent been feeling to great, I have been very nauseous almost daily. I see my OB on Monday and my Surgeon on Friday to see what exactly I need to do/ not do. I have no idea what they are going to want to do. I feel like I do not want any Fluid removed at all and nobody is touching my band but wanted to hear others story's. I really dont want to gain alot of weight. Any advice ? Also anyone breastfeeding? And how long after can you get fills if they take fluid out?

Wow! Congrats! That's great news! I was wondering how you have been. I can't offer any advice here but I wish you and your new little one the best!!!!!

I'm not pregnant yet but that was one of my main incentives to get wls to lose the weight. The plan that my surgeon said is that she will only unfill if I'm vomiting. Other than that it can stay where it is at. I think she'll plan to unfill when it's almost time for labor due to the pushing strain. As usual, your surgeon may vary as well.

Congratulations!!

Thanks ladies. I feel like a "new mom" but this is #4, I know I know. But this will be my last. I did read about them completely unfilling before labor which scares me also. But Im not knew to this either so I no my limits and what to eat. Thanks again I have so many questions already my OB better be prepared.

I had half of my Fluid removed but it was my choice and I was swollen and unable to eat! Some people don't get anything taken out. With breastfeeding you will need to be constantly eating and staying hydrated to succeed! I didn't get a fill until I was done breastfeeding. Msg me if you have any questions!

I have had two babies since I was banded in 2010, and with each of them I had half my fill removed. The reason for my partial fill removal was that I had such bad morning sickness, but I was to stubborn to get it all taken out. The more my belly grew the tighter my band got on its own, so it was like I had just gotten a fill. Now I didn't lose any weight while I was pregnant but I didn't gain any either. I breastfeed both my girls, and I am currently breastfeeding. I just have to make sure I am drinking LOTS of Fluid or I have hardly any milk, and I have to snack constantly throughout the day or I get super lightheaded. But if your Dr. wants to remove all or some of the fill I would recommend it, you can always get back on track after having your baby, it's better to be safe than sorry you don't want to loose your band due to a slip.

I also had half my Fluid removed by my choice. I'm currently 7 months pregnant with my first.

I go to see my surgeon in the morning so I will see what she says. I do have bad morning sickness a lot, and throughout the day as well. My OB prescribed a nausea med but before i started taking it I wanted to check with my surgeon first.

I too took nausea pills while pregnant, it was fine with my band Dr., but the nausea pills really didn't work for me so I stopped taking them, and lived off of ginger chews. You can find them in any health food store, they also have ginger suckers.

I had some Vitamin B candies that were made for pregnancy nausea. I'm not sure how much they helped because I never got super nauseous, but they were good! lol

I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant and I go to the doctor ON tuesday. I had my surgery about 2 years ago and I'm terrified of being pregnant with the band. About 3 weeks ago (before I knew I was pregnant ) I had all Fluid removed due to severe indigestion. The indigestion has basically gone away, or so so I thought; until last night. I was throwing up all night even before I went to bed. I keep hearing a lot about port pain (which I've been getting before I was pregnant). What can I do?? I haven't seen my surgeon yet but will call on Monday. Any help or advice would be appreciated

I havent had any port pain. Im now 9 weeks pregnant. My surgeon doesnt remove any Fluid for delivery. She said unless i am having trouble she Will keep my fluid in my band my entire pregnancy. I am getting better with the nausea i just make sure im drinking something or eating something the moment i feel queasy. I did vomit a couple of times, but not daily and not too much to worry about. But other than that no other pain.

Congratulations!

I am currently 15wks 3days pregnant. I had a miscarriage in Nov (@10wks) and they took out about 2cc b/c I was severely sick. With this pregnancy, I was doing great until last week and getting worse. I see my surgeon in the morning and will be asking for all of my Fluid out. I don't think my band is the issue but really thinking its my gall bladder again. I haven't been able to keep food down for over a week now. I've lost 11 pounds in a week so my OB can rule out the band as the issue is to remove the Fluid. IF I am still having vomiting after the fluid is removed she said she would send me to general surgery to check out my gall bladder again. Last year, I had the HIDA? scan done and my gall bladder was functioning at 79% and I was having the same issues. I am very nervous about how this is harming my baby.

Congrats to you as well! Im curious as to what happened? I was very sick last night and could not stop vomiting so this morning i called and they had me go in, they removed half of my Fluid and i do feel a bit better. Its weird now with this pregnancy i get so nauseous.

Congrats!! And I see we are from the same hometown!! Dr Hamad did my lapband surgery in 2010 :) congrats on your pregnancy! I have had two beautiful band babies since my operation. One born in 2011 and one this past year

From my personal experience I have eventually had to have all my Fluid taken out due to extreme morning sickness. My baby is now 6 months old and my band is still empty but I am currently breastfeeding. I lost all of my baby weight within 6 weeks :)

Where in Pittsburgh do you hail??