Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's the April sleevers....

Ikr...but I'm already making plans for what I will eat when I can lol

Same here, I'm going to make that first taste of real food in almost 5 weeks special. To be on the light side I'm thinking baked haddock. Although it won't be cooked with the butter sauce I 'm accustomed to with it.

Edited by pbucks

Ikr...but I'm already making plans for what I will eat when I can lol

I did the same thing!! I went out and bought some little two oz cups with lids and measured everything to 2 oz so I wouldn't overfill my new tummy!! It works good!!

Day 5 post op for me! YAY! I had to stay an extra night in the hospital because I couldn't pee. That wasn't much fun. Today I had my first dumping issue which was also no fun! It was around Tomato Soup. Maybe it was too acidy? Whatever it is, I won't be having that again.

Day 5 post op for me! YAY! I had to stay an extra night in the hospital because I couldn't pee. That wasn't much fun. Today I had my first dumping issue which was also no fun! It was around Tomato Soup. Maybe it was too acidy? Whatever it is, I won't be having that again.

Went for my 1 wk post op today and I just now got to start on phase 3 which is mushy foods and Tomato based Soups. Maybe to soon hopefully u can try again in a week or sale and it will be better! I am feeling good! Start chewable vitamins today and I hate chewable they make me gag. Ha! Looking for each day to get better! :)

Ewww I tried the Centrum cheable Vitamins and they are just SO SO disgusting! I am thinking about scrapping them all together and going onto bariatricadvantage.com to get some. We got samples in one of our classes and they are GOOD.

Ewww I tried the Centrum cheable Vitamins and they are just SO SO disgusting! I am thinking about scrapping them all together and going onto bariatricadvantage.com to get some. We got samples in one of our classes and they are GOOD.

In my program we get 1 month of Calcium and the multi Vitamin from them. I will probably get those there but I am not crazy about the flavors they gave me. I will order different flavors for the next couple months until I can be off chewable. What flavor did u like when u tried the samples? Hope u feel better & do well each day! :)

Just thought I'd drop a quick one saying in doing great! Xx hope others are I'm 12 days out and getting all my fluids in nearly all my Protein feel great and no issues so far.... How's others getting along? X

Just thought I'd drop a quick one saying in doing great! Xx hope others are I'm 12 days out and getting all my fluids in nearly all my Protein feel great and no issues so far.... How's others getting along? X

I'm 18 days post op and just got to have scrambled egg. 1/2 of one.. My dogs got the other half! Hah I'm doing great! Doc has me totally off protein shakes... Caught a cold which sucks!! Down 44 lbs total and my clothes are baggy.. Especially in the butt!! Hahaha waiting till the last possible moment to buy a new pair cause I don't want to waste money! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there !! They are having free frozen yogurt at Sweet Frogs today!! I am so there! Have a great day!

I'm 13 days out and almost a month without real food. Feeling weaker each day and can't wait until Tuesday when I can add cottage cheese and cream Soups. No problem getting my fluids and Protein Shakes. Lost 42 lbs so far, but don't have the energy to walk as much as I'll like. Do miss eating!!

I'm 13 days out and almost a month without real food. Feeling weaker each day and can't wait until Tuesday when I can add cottage cheese and cream Soups. No problem getting my fluids and Protein Shakes. Lost 42 lbs so far, but don't have the energy to walk as much as I'll like. Do miss eating!!

I bet if you push yourself to walk you Will get stronger and feel better.

I'm also 13 days out now, and while I am up to walking 6000 steps a day now (2.5 miles) I'm still pretty easily tired. I do better splitting my walking up in two or three sessions too. My doc had us in liquids for two weeks after leaving the hospital so I have another two days before things like applesauce and yogurt, but blended Soups are working well for me with unflavored Protein Powder. It's hard to count my weight loss since I gained twenty pounds of Fluid in the hospital and didn't lose that dfore a whole week, but I'm down 25 including my preop diet--10 since surgery I think. I go back to work this week, and hope I don't feel too tired too fast - I still need to walk and am afraid I'll back off if I get tired. I guess I'll just have to plan better!

I am out 12 days today and am feeling alright. I have noticed since surgery that I am now lactose intolerant which sucks but maybe this will resolve itself at some point. I am on full liquids and am hoping to advance to soft foods this week. I am dying for some real actual food! I am down 12 pounds since surgery and 32 pounds overall. I went down 2 pant sizes already.

Hi there - just thought I'd check in since it's 14 May already! Hard to believe one month has passed :-)

Yes I've had some downer days but grateful I've had mostly up days! My incision that was infected is now healing properly! Yay! Off to see surgeon and nutritionist today for my monthly check in and the anticipation of being able to move onto soft foods is exciting me just a tad :-)

How have the rest of you been going?

Update:

Start preop diet + HW: 10 Mar 2014 410lbs (186.4kg)

DoS: 14 Apr 2014 377lbs (171.2kg)

Today: 14 May 2014 354lbs (160.6kg)

Weight loss

Preop: 56lbs (25.8kg)

Postop: 23lbs (10.8kg)

I had my surgery April 11th. Starting weight was 235 I weighed in this morning at 203. Goal weight 135 Height 5 6"

Hello April Sleevers!!! - I had mine done April 11th and so far, so good. I have learned some lessons along the way in this short period of time. Especially moving to soft solids and how much to take in. LOL Whew! It is truly interesting learning how my new tummy works. I am still struggling with getting in all my Water but I am making progress. At this stage, I have had pretty much all the basic meats except steak with no issue. My doc is good with it as long as it is not fried. This is a good source of Protein for me since I am sick of Protein shakes and eggs. I do still love my sugar free popsicles though. I am bummed out that I am not allowed fresh strawberries yet. I love them this time of year. Has anyone done watermelon yet at this point out from surgery? If so, how did go?

Edited by MickeyMouse68