Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's the April sleevers....

I didn't mean to scare you with the negatives so let me share some of my positives to encourage you. I haven't felt hungry since the surgery. I haven't craved the Dr. Peppers I was addicted to. I can already tell I have lost a little weight post op. I was a huge candy and sweets type person and I haven't wanted anything like that since then. While I have been nauseated I have taken the nausea preventative that the doctor prescribed and I haven't thrown up any. It really does have a lot more pros than cons. Don't be afraid it is a good decision to have made. You may do a lot better than I have in the beginning because everyone is so different. Good luck on your surgery and best wishes!!!

Thanks! : ) I admire your honesty though!! I know it isn't going to be a walk in the park and I am glad t get to read of everyone's different experiences! This way if I have the same I will know its normal!! Haha I hope you are feeling better soon!! Hang in there!! I will be sharing my woes soon too!! : ) it's really nice to have an outlet ! I love this app! Keep us updated on your progress... There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I started soft foods today & yum!! Cottage cheese never tasted so good. I was worried I would get nausea but I didn't so I am extremely happy. Sipping all morning after my Breakfast & going to attempt a hard boiled egg for lunch. Definitely feeling much better than last week

This evening was horrible. I had two Protein shakes to drink all day; when I got home from work hubby had cooked spaghetti and it smelled so good and I couldn't have any. We needed to go to Sam's because I needed the premier Protein Shakes for some traveling that we are doing over the Easter weekend. I was so hungry I opened the box after we paid and started drinking one. On the way home we were passing Panda Express and I asked my husband if they might have Miso Soup that I could get to go. He said honey I can make you some when we get home. I like totally didn't know he could make it but he lived in Japan for a year so I shouldn't be surprised. Anyways when it was done he poured it in a bowl on the counter and then left it on the counter and then tried to help my daughter with the screen protector for her phone. In the meantime I picked up the bowl i was trying to bring it to the table and it was too full and I was trying to walk towards the table and my hands were shaking from hunger and I ended up spilling the Soup on my hand which burned me (slightly not seriously). And he started to ask me what I was doing and I screamed I'm starving and then sat down at the table and burst into tears.

And then he put the soup on a saucer and set it on the table and I cried and ate soup. :(

And then I apologized for having a meltdown

Edited by webhopper

Web I'm sorry you are having such a rough day. You are stronger than I think I could be. I only had a 24 hour liquid diet. Your husband sounds very supportive- that's a positive! Hugs : )

My husband is being so amazing and patient and supportive. He made the spaghetti for my daughter and him and the boys that are my daughters friends he watches after school and our roommate and his son.

We have a houseful of people everyday and God has blessed our family with enough for everyone who shows up and who is in need.

Literally my table sits eight and its full of people every day and there are only 3 in our family go figure.

We talked about it and figured that if it wasn't for us opening our home and making room our roommate would probably be dead as hes a 49 yr old diabetic with no insurance who has been through 4 job losses in the last two years but who is trying to just get on his feet.

I guess I should sit here and count all of the blessings in my life and thank God there are only 6 days of liquid diet left :(

My bmi was like 37.8 yesterday and omg I'm wearing a skirt I haven't worn in at least a year.

Edited by webhopper

Wow! Congratulations on the skirt! I know that made you feel amazing.

Tomorrow when I wake up the two week Protein shake diet starts. I've eaten pretty well last 5 days eating some of my favorite meals.. But now the task begins.....:-)

CW - 303

Procedure - 4/29

Good luck pbucks. Its tough but doable.

Lesson 1: don't grab a bowl of scalding Soup that is full to the brim and try to move it when your hands are shaking.

Lesson 2: Protein shakes are yummy but diversity is the key. Different flavors and consistency keep it interesting

Wow! Congratulations on the skirt! I know that made you feel amazing.

Thanks omg yes it did! My daughter said my curves were kicking cause I did this shimmy and twirl and she posted it on instagram

Thanks webhopper! I pretty much told friends and family I might be in hiding from them if it gets too ugly. I'm just hoping that I'll have some energy to get stuff done around the yard and house. I report if it gets too wacky.

Today my daughter used the s word on me

Skinny lol.

Ive lost 27 lbs since January which was the first seminar for WLS I went to

This evening was horrible. I had two Protein shakes to drink all day; when I got home from work hubby had cooked spaghetti and it smelled so good and I couldn't have any. We needed to go to Sam's because I needed the premier Protein Shakes for some traveling that we are doing over the Easter weekend. I was so hungry I opened the box after we paid and started drinking one. On the way home we were passing Panda Express and I asked my husband if they might have Miso Soup that I could get to go. He said honey I can make you some when we get home. I like totally didn't know he could make it but he lived in Japan for a year so I shouldn't be surprised. Anyways when it was done he poured it in a bowl on the counter and then left it on the counter and then tried to help my daughter with the screen protector for her phone. In the meantime I picked up the bowl i was trying to bring it to the table and it was too full and I was trying to walk towards the table and my hands were shaking from hunger and I ended up spilling the Soup on my hand which burned me (slightly not seriously). And he started to ask me what I was doing and I screamed I'm starving and then sat down at the table and burst into tears.

And then he put the soup on a saucer and set it on the table and I cried and ate soup. :(

And then I apologized for having a meltdown

Awww that is great that you have a supportive husband. I am sure you may have warned him about the mood swings and his love for you is more than that little breakdown you had.

:D

Tomorrow when I wake up the two week Protein shake diet starts. I've eaten pretty well last 5 days eating some of my favorite meals.. But now the task begins.....:-)

CW - 303

Procedure - 4/29

How was your first day?

Awww that is great that you have a supportive husband. I am sure you may have warned him about the mood swings and his love for you is more than that little breakdown you had.

:D

Does liquid diet cause mood swings?

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on April 7, first couple of days were rough. I Had my gall bladder removed and Hernia repair done at the same time. I am 8 days post op and feel fantastic. I advanced to full liquids today and quite happy, strained cream Soup and yogurt never tasted so good ;p