Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's the April sleevers....

Congrats!!!

My diet says full liquids are ok once I leave the hospital; were you on Clear Liquids since the 7th?

Hey all... I am 4/3 sleever and the first week I lost 15 pounds... now week 2 weigh in i only lost 1 pound... i am tracking my Protein and calories - getting about 40 of Protein on a good day - 30-35 on a not good day and calories are pretty low so i am wondering if my body thinks im trying to starve it and is holding onto the weight. Im not really concerned, more curious. I mean I am only 2 weeks out so there is not a lot i can do....but i am going to start walking this weekend now that i am feeing better. Any thoughts... should i be concerned at the low weight loss of week 2??

Hey all... I am 4/3 sleever and the first week I lost 15 pounds... now week 2 weigh in i only lost 1 pound... i am tracking my Protein and calories - getting about 40 of protein on a good day - 30-35 on a not good day and calories are pretty low so i am wondering if my body thinks im trying to starve it and is holding onto the weight. Im not really concerned, more curious. I mean I am only 2 weeks out so there is not a lot i can do....but i am going to start walking this weekend now that i am feeing better. Any thoughts... should i be concerned at the low weight loss of week 2??

hang in there! I was sleeved 4/3 too! I lost 13 the first week too and then nothing until today. Now down 18. I am told the body is just adjusting to the shock of surgery and all. Either way, your scale will move soon! Good luck!!

thanks

My diet says full liquids are ok once I leave the hospital; were you on clear liquids since the 7th?

Yes I was on clear liquids from the 7th, then when I went in for my post op check up I was advanced to full liquids until the 28th and then I start my pureed stage.

My surgery date is April 22nd (Tuesday). I am so disappointed in myself as I have been on my shakes with no cheating. Today I was so emotional and feeling so nervous, I ate half a sub sandwich. Since it has been the only solid food in my stomach, I felt so sick. I should have had Protein when I cheated but I just didn't think. I only have 3 full days left before surgery. I will get back on schedule but I hope this setback does not affect the surgery. I wish I didn't love food so much.

Thank you for your reply. Did you have the VGS?

It should not affect your surgery my dr didn't even require a preop liquid diet

Yes I had mine done on April 3rd. The first week was the hardest but I'm still not hungry & have to remind myself to eat.

I had my surgery on the 15th. Went in at 5:30am and didn't get to go home until 6:30pm on Thursday. I was only supposed to spend one night, but my upper gi the next morning showed something so the Dr wanted to wait. I had to do a CT scan that afternoon and then xrays Thursday morning just to make sure nothing was wrong. Talk about wondering what I did to my self. I thought what on earth am I doing sitting in this stupid hospital cause now I can't take it back. Lol. I was really nauseous the whole time in the hospital. Yesterday went pretty well at home. Got my 64 oz of liquid, but couldn't stomach any Protein. Today I have been more nauseous and have almost drank 2 bottles of Water. I have to make myself do that. I would love to have a cheeseburger or chickfila right now (in my head), because the actual thought of eating something makes me want to puke. I did get on the scales a minute ago. After 3 whole days of iv fluids being pumped thru me, I'm back down to my weight the morning of surgery. I'm glad I took off 3 weeks from work. It looks like I'm going to need it.

My surgery is set for April 24, 2014. I am to do 6 days high Protein low carb. This basically means 2 Protein Shakes and one sensible meal per day. Day prior to surgery is clear liquids only. Except for my Protein Powder I can mix with Water, even though it is chocolate flavor. Nothing after midnight day of surgery. Surgery is set to be the first one of the day and I will have to stay at least one night. I will have to pass a UGI (barium swallow) to check for leaks in the staple line before I can go home.

Surgery is tomorrow; wish me luck everyone

Good luck! See you on the other side :-). All the best for your operation and recovery.

Good luck webhopper! You'll do great!