Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wish I could unlearn what I've learned, but I know how to "cheat" my band and eat more than I should. I'm going to talk to a counselor and maybe get an adjustment next week. I can't start this foolishness.

Please don't ask how it's done. I will not share this information with anyone because I care that much about your success.

I don't know, but I would guess you are drinking milkshakes and other "sliders". If I was trying to cheat the band and have fun, that's how I would do it.

Pretty, it takes a lot of courage to put that out there. While you CAN cheat you will CHOOSE not to. We are all here to support your wise decision. Never forget that when the temptation to cheat arises. Better still make yourself post something to get that support. YOU WILL SUCCEED!

Just think to yourself how hard you have worked to come this far and you will be right back where you started and it's not easy to start over. No amount of fills in the world are going to help you with that. You have enjoyed your new life why settle for less for the sake of cheating. It's not worth it and in the end you will feel bad.

Oh sweetie...you don't want to screw it up now...not when you have been so successful. I'm glad you are going to see a professional to discuss your issues with him/her. Good luck and please keep us posted.

I can't blame it on sliders...I can eat whatever I want and quite a bit of it.

I don't know, but I would guess you are drinking milkshakes and other "sliders". If I was trying to cheat the band and have fun, that's how I would do it.

Thanks for your support everyone. This is a phase I'm going through and it's mostly psycholocial. I am not going back, I'm pressing forward and doing what I know is necessary to maintain and I'm in it to win it. The things I was craving and eating make me sick to think of right now, so I think I'm over it.

Im doing the same thing to my self right now. I am barely eating real food and find myself replacing it with candy and chocolate. Im 5 months post op and down almost 40 pounds. Any advice?

Im doing the same thing to my self right now. I am barely eating real food and find myself replacing it with candy and chocolate. Im 5 months post op and down almost 40 pounds. Any advice?

Why are you not eating food? Is your band too tight? You shouldn't be replacing food with crap. Go to your doctor and nut for help. Otherwise that terrific 40 lb. loss will disappear.

Sounds straightforward, but since you're spoiling your diet on sliders, I'd say scale them back to around 10-15% of your diet maximum. You really need to put more vegetables/fruits, Protein, and some carbohydrates in there, and I'm sure once you do (even something really tasty like pasta) you will fill up in a hurry.

I'd contact my nutritionist right away. She/he can help you get back on track.

You can do this the right way. I'm glad you posted your concern. It's never too late to stop and make a u-turn in the right direction.

Don't self sabotage!

Best wishes