Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

yup...thats exactly what i meant...a little "electrical current" when i fall off the wagon ha!

i'm a chocoholic...ha

I completly understand your pain at work. I had the same job for about a year. It was very stressfull. My clients lived independently but also had PCA (personal care assistances). I was "in charge" of the clients and the PCA's (staffing, ect..) I am now teaching 1 st grade and I'm not sure what is worse. THe only good thing is my 1st graders do not call me at 1:00 am with a "problem". HAng in their with your weight loss. All you can do is take it one day at a time. Maybe even one hour at a time. I was banded March 16 and have lost about 20 pounds. I will not get a fill until MAy 9. I am strating to get hunger the last day or so. Other than that I feel better. @0 pounds has made a differnce in the way I feel. ANyway good luck and feel free to vent to me anytime. No one understand the job you have unless they have been our shoes.

On stressfull jobs. I get that. I've worked in the past as an aide for autistic kids who needed one on one. It can be very demanding. But I know about autism- my brother has autism and I have a mild autism spectrum disorder too. I get it, them. Then I started working with NT kids. The pay was better and the work was easier. And it is sad that that is the way things tend to be with developmental disabilities and MR work. Its this demanding stuff and it doesn't pay. Sometimes a break is good. Or maybe a change in duties. I know some people who have high stress lives that don't like to watch anything stressfull on tv- just commedy. Or sometimes stress relieving hobbies can help. Kickboxing aerobics. Picture whatever you want as you aim that punch or kick. I would also have to remind myself about the rewarding aspects of the job. It takes what seems like forever for any breakthrough. But then something happens. And I would think, "wow, I really am making a difference here". Its those moments that need to be held on to.

Has anyone heard from Kyethra? Didn't she have her gallbladder romoved yesterday?

I had my HIDDA scan today, hope to get the results soon and hope that I don't need another surgery. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am doing ok. Gall bladder came out without a hitch. It was full of tiny stones apparently despite what the ultrasound said. Hurts less than the band did. I was at the hospital a good 12 hours though because they sedated me heavily with antinausea stuff and that had to wear off. At first I could barely move my arms and talk. And I couldn't take deep breaths. The third time my pulse ox alarm thing kept going off cause it was in the 80s or whatever and I explained that they finally gave me oxygen. That seemed to help in general. Getting up to go to the bathroom actually really helped with that, for some reason. And then I couldn't pee so they had to cath me and call my doc and do a blood test and call my doc. Then I got to go home. Peeing has been getting easier. I'm feeling better already. I ate some salad last night for dinner. Food! But today I'm a little nauseated and prone to gagging. I suspect it might be from swelling and irritation. So I just take a bit of applesauce before my pain pills. My mouth is really dry though so that is annoying me. I also have a sore right inside the top lip. I hate when that sort of thing happens. All of that in combo with the sore through (breathing tube in me yesterday) has me trying not to drink too fast.

DH was there with me yesterday. He actually got in a days worth of work since the hospital has wireless (he is a computer guy and can remote access his stuff). He took the day off today to be home and help me. He's a good husband ;) I've got him waiting on me so I can just rest.

Hi bandsters!

I am so glad to hear that they figured out what the problem was Josie! I have worked with lots and lots of folks that have repeatative illnesses with aspiration pneumonia. Many folks with significant disabilities have problems with their swallow and have to have specific diet textures to avoid this problem. I hope this was caused from PBing and nothing occured with your swallow after you got the band. I hope you are feeling much better!

I have to share with you all that I actually think that I have had a bit of a restriction from my fill on Monday. Last night I got to start puree foods and when I ate about a cup of pureed broccoli it hit me. A new feeling, like a stabbing pain where my top incision is clear through to my back. It was a bit painful so I stopped eating and said enough. I wasn't really sure if it was the restriction or just a new pain...it seemed for the first 4-5 weeks eating brought a new a different feeling each time I did it. Today I had a yogurt for Breakfast but I didn't get the feeling then when I had lunch about a cup into my pureed tuna tetrazzini I felt it again! HOORAY!!!:dance:

I hope this is what I think it is because if it is...I think I may just feel finally full!!!

April

Hi Kyethra,

I saw that you worked with, had a brother with, and are slightly autistic. That interested me because my four year old daughter is Autistic. Any insight you have that you would like to share would be greatly appriciated!

Glad your gall bladder is taken care of, and it wasn't a hard proceedure!

Kristen

Not only are we "banded" together but some of us are in life...my sister is developmentally disabled! Kind of why I got into the whole field, since a little girl I wanted to help people like Kimberly.

Also, there was mention of the rewards being few and far between when working in this field. Well, actually today is one of those few rewards for me. One of my guys is at this moment moving into his very own apartment!! He has done so well with doing his part living in a group setting that I put him on a waiting list 10 months ago for a HUD apartment and today he is moving. He has never had his own apartment and he is 35 years old. This is very exciting for me...and needless to say...for Joe!!

Thanks be to God!!

April

hi sugarbear,

actually i thinkthe PBing was my fault which in turn caused the aspiration into my lungs. i was having a heck of a time with the small bites and eating slowly. the concept sounds easy....but practically i underestimated the "power of the band" :nervous

what is DL? i'm trying to guess..."dear lunch? " ha

thanks sue (in russia)....the breathing is getting better altho' i had to sit up last night to sleep. but i just started the antibiotics.

i feel like i have a hangover...BUT..the good news is at least i have an answer. not having the answer was really hard since i didnt see anyone else with this issue.

i wish the band "electrocuted me" when i came in contact with chocolate ha! YUM...i'm dying for chicken....next week i can go back on meat.

loriPA: congrats on your loss!

anyway see you guys later

DL Drivers License. I thought you were talking about getting a new drivers license so when I was saying what we do here to get a new one I just abreveated. ooo I misspelled that. usually sp for spelling. Sorry if I confused you.

Kyretha: I'm very happy that your surgery was uneventful.

April: Wow..that is so cool about your guy. He definitely deserves a high five!

Josi: I need an electric current too...I love vanilla anything!

Kyethra, Good to hear your surgery went well! Hope you feel better soon!

Josiebies, I'm glad you found some answers and hope you feel better soon also. My hubby is quite impressed with the fact that I am now such a "cheap date", since I only need an appetizer and two drinks on date night. That's quite the perk for him, for sure.

Aprilmarie, RESTRICTION ~~~~~WOO HOO :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: . That's awsome that you are getting rewards for all your hard work. How wonderful for Joe to be able to gain independence. I bet he is thrilled!

Today I woke up hungry.

It doesn't help that we are having a special lunch at work. In theory it should be okay. Smoked Brisket- I even made a BBQ Sauce with reduced sugar- but I'm terrified I'm going to eat TOO MUCH. Why? because it's so unusual to break out the smoker and make this kind of food. I work in a cafeteria...yeah, it's stupid hard at times.

So I'm thinking perhaps I can put some up for later meals for myself so I don't feel like I'll not have it again for a long, long time and I can eat sensibly. I wish I had a fill, so the ability to eat too much was not there. Come on May 7th!!!

Seems like fancy food, difficult, or rare food is my weakness now. I've gotten past the cake and Cookies phase (at least for now). I baked choc chip Cookies for my daughter's tea party yesterday and didn't even want one.:omg: I was stunned! Also, Pasta and carbs don't appeal much.

Thanks for letting me fret.

It's almost May you guys! I thought of a few challenges we could do to give everyone some choices. If you would like to participate, cut and paste the title and whatever challenge you chose into your signature. I am chosing 30 min. exercise and 100 crunches. Make sure you check with your Dr. about the crunches. I've heard some say no crunches anywhere from 1 month to 3 months so check to be sure. Here they are...

MaRcHiEs MaY ChaLLeNgE :)

Exercise: 30 min. sessions :lol:

0 of 20 sessions completed

Exercise: 40 min. sessions :welldone:

0 of 20 sessions completed

Exercise: 100 crunches/day :waytogo:

0 of 20 days completed

Water: 64oz or more/day:welldone2:

0 of 20 days completed

Hehe...smoked brisket...sounds wonderful. Pack me up some and mail it down to Texas please. :-P

I'm going camping with the in-laws this weekend. I'm nervous about it because we're kind of on their food territory. I haven't had a hamburger yet and am nervous about having a hairball episode. Might just have to eat the patty. Luckily they all know about the surgery and have been very supportive so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I have to share this with you guys,...I had a very funny moment yesterday. Since you're like family, I feel comfortable telling it.

So I was sitting on the toilet and use to when I sat there I couldn't see my lower belly over my upper belly fat roll. So yesterday I'm sitting there and I look down at my scars, like I normally do, and OMG..there's my lower belly. I can see right over the top belly!!! LOL I know this is a stupid story but I was so tickled over it, I had to share.

Hope you all have a great weekend. :-)

Well, my exercise so far today has consisted of cleaning the cat box and corralling the escaped furballs back into the house before it started to rain. lol.gif

Breakfast was one boiled egg and a slice of wheat toast...I still have to remind myself now and then to eat the Protein first and of course, wait at least 30 minutes before drinking anything afterwards (or drink before I eat), otherwise, I pretty much defeat the purpose...lol.

If the sun decides to stay out the rest of the day, I would like to get in my two mile walk; otherwise, it is going to look like a Walk Away the Pounds day as well as clean the bathroom and kitchen. lol.gif