Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

I love that title...Thanks Demmemoon!

March 2007 Bandsters! We have finally been banded!!!:confused:

We thought we'd never have this surgery behind us and here we are at the start of April and some of us are already at or close to the 1 month mark. Now, we are moving on to fills, real food, exercise, and watching those pounds melt away! I am looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences. Keep posting!

thanks tammy for starting us up on this thread. today i feel much, much better.

the only issue i have now is "referral pain" in my left shoulder but tylenol has helped that.

i feel really lucky (no gas, no pain in incisions) but i've been following the doctor's orders to the letter of the law. also my sister-in-law is an RN and i call her nurse ratchett. :confused:

she is getting me up walking, breathing exercises etc.

anyway i'm glad to be a marchie.

Thanks Tammy! Already April! I am doing well. getting ready for Sunday dinner. Got a slow cooker this weekend. This is my first time cooking with it. Pork roast ,potatoes, carrots, yummy tomato/bar bq type sauce. Sure smells good. Made home made spoonbread and asparagus too. Made blueberry muffins today too. Don't really miss eating them but they sure look good. Tammy how is the eating going??

man, I realized i'm an idiot. Sorry if that post was offensive to those who are suffering and not eating yet. I didn't think before I typed. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Thanks, Tammy! What would we do without you? You are a great leader of our MARCH-ing BAND! Big hugs! Karen

Banded on the 29th of March - home on the 31st of March 2007.

I am doing a lot better today! I weened myself of of the pain meds the doctor gave me, and now only taking tylenol when needed.

I have mostly been consintrating on my liquid intake. Have not had any head hunger yet. Have been loyal to doctors orders for a week of liquids.< /p>

I have started a diary of sorts to list everything im drinking ect. Even meds. I think this will be helpful. i also lined up my mes cups to show how many Isopure drinks I should have. It has made things a lot easier. Have been walking better. Not hunched over as I once was. I am using the elastic tummy suporter when I walk and sleep. This has even alowed me to move around a bit in bed! I was able to sleep on my side with a pillow behind my back!

Also, something I highly recommend is a wedge pillow! I bought the whole body set that comes in three pieces, but for sleeping, I use the middle size one. It helps eleviate gas, apnea, indigestion, back pain, snoring, and the best part is, you can get out of bed better when you have that extra support.

I dont know who it was that suggested toilet tongs, but my goodness was that a brilliant idea! Not only for the toilet, but also for the shower! This has helped me in so many ways because i have a hip condition that leaves me less ab;e to bend ect! So thank you to whomever it was that suggested it on here. You are the best!

Also, can anyone tell me how to put a little bar up about my BMI and weight loss goals? Thanks

Thanks Tammy!

I am on to soft foods with introduction of more solid foods everyday.

No PBing yet...crossing my fingers! I have my first fill 4/9 which I believe is a little too early---but the doctor doesn't---so I am doing it. When is everyone else banded in early March getting their first fill? I am very nervous. I really haven't had a full meal yet---I still pick and eat very very little portions.

Hey there, Marchies!

Day 13 of band-land and all is well (and itchy!)

I do have a question, however. When your swelling went down, did you feel like you could eat the world? I went from sips and bites to now being able to eat a full cup of Soup in one sitting! To me that feels like a binge! lol

Also, when you are/were in the full liquid stage, did you still drink with your yogurts, Soups or cream of wheat? I do but I don't think it matters at this point. Everything is basically sliding down the band since it isn't solid.

Ok, enough Q&A. Have a great Sunday.

Off to the movies with dh......alone!!!!!!

Hello all!

I was banded 3/29, home 3/30. I was put directly into the pureed / liquid stage after discharge, eating Soups, broths, shakes, etc. I am doing ok. I dropped the vicodin (don't like feeling drunk and light-headed) but am struggling a bit with gas. I'm experimenting with Protein mixtures to find something I like. I think I am feeling some hunger and I need Protein to stave that off.

Ok, I've survived the first few days now and things are finally looking up. I was banded on th 30th and was seriously regretting that decision that night and the 31st...BUT, I finally stopped hurting when I stopped taking the Lortab(vicodine). Mom said she thinks I might be allergic since when she takes it it makes her entire insides hurts. When I switched to just taking that Tylenol, things got much better for me. I actually slept most of the night last night. I've been doing Liptons Diet Green Tea berry flavor and Jello cups. I had my first whey Protein shake this morning and am looking forward to moving into other foods. I was hurting a little this morning and realized it was hunger pains. It was weird not being able to immediately recognize I was hungry. I'm still dealing with coughing up crap that was in my chest, coughing is no fun, but I guess it's something that can't be avoided...have to get the gunk out.

Anyhow, thanks for the support when I was whining a few days ago and I'll be in touch.

Medge,

Glad to hear that you are doing better.

I am 12 days post op and I don't even know I am banded except that other then the head hunger last night, I am not hungery. I am doing fine with 1 cup of Soup and it take about 1/2 hour to 45 min to get it down. I like sip, sip, sipping. No pain except for a small discomfort when I first get into bed at night under my left rib cage but it goes away in a minute or so.

Momlanbert -Love the "March-ing Band" saying. Maybe that should be the title for next months thread. Or "March into May"?

P.S. Thanks againg Tammy for keeping us together and keeping track of everyone who was banded in March. You're the greatest.

Banded on the 27th home on the 28th. Having a carnation Breakfast drink with a small piece of banana blended in the magic bullet for breakfast. Can;t even feel any banana pieces when sipping. For lunch I boiled some potatos seasoned them and added milk put them the magic bullet and having yummy Soup. For dinner I have been having a Protein Shake with a bit of Peanut Butter for flavor blended well in the mb.

Sue, eating is going pretty well. I'm on soft foods now. I am able to eat way more than 3/4 cup of food, but I am trying to be good. I think I over did it on Friday. I went to a funeral and they had tons of food afterwards at the repass. I started out OK and ate a couple meatballs and a couple deviled eggs then I had some pistachio salad and ended up going back for seconds because it was soooo good. My first fill is scheduled for for April 9th, I am a little nervous, but I definitely need some restriction.

Banded on the 29th of March - home on the 31st of March 2007.

I am doing a lot better today! I weened myself of of the pain meds the doctor gave me, and now only taking tylenol when needed.

I have mostly been consintrating on my liquid intake. Have not had any head hunger yet. Have been loyal to doctors orders for a week of liquids.

I have started a diary of sorts to list everything im drinking ect. Even meds. I think this will be helpful. i also lined up my mes cups to show how many Isopure drinks I should have. It has made things a lot easier. Have been walking better. Not hunched over as I once was. I am using the elastic tummy suporter when I walk and sleep. This has even alowed me to move around a bit in bed! I was able to sleep on my side with a pillow behind my back!

Also, something I highly recommend is a wedge pillow! I bought the whole body set that comes in three pieces, but for sleeping, I use the middle size one. It helps eleviate gas, apnea, indigestion, back pain, snoring, and the best part is, you can get out of bed better when you have that extra support.

I dont know who it was that suggested toilet tongs, but my goodness was that a brilliant idea! Not only for the toilet, but also for the shower! This has helped me in so many ways because i have a hip condition that leaves me less ab;e to bend ect! So thank you to whomever it was that suggested it on here. You are the best!

Also, can anyone tell me how to put a little bar up about my BMI and weight loss goals? Thanks

Congratulations Autumn! You can go to www.tickerfactory.com to create a ticker then paste the forum code into your signature. Go to User CP to access your signature.

I like march into May! But that is still a month away and right now we are in beautiful April.

I've been on Mushies for nearly a week now-- well since wendesday. I like it, being able to eat. Though I just haven't been very hungry the past couple of days.

The day before yesterday I had a big Protein shake-- one cup of 1% milk, two scoops of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury plus a bit more so closer to 2.5, a bannana and some strawberries. It filled me up until the evening and then I had a packet of instant oatmeal with half a cup of milk. The oatmeal was so awesome! I am still having trouble with not drinking after meals. I usually drink a sip or two and then wait as long as I can. The oatmeal I felt was not in the least bit affected by my drinking at all. Nice sticky stuff. So with that stuff and my cristal lite I was completely satisfied.

Yesterday I just wasn't hungry. I had one slimfast because I thought I should have something, but that was it other than no calorie fluids and my Vitamins and pills.

I haven't eaten yet today. Last night I did a teeth bleaching treatment ( I have stained teeth from antibiotics I took when I was little so I have some teeth impressions and syringes of bleaching gel). I think I ended up swallowing a wee bit of it or it was just the taste of the stuff that leaked out that I wiped away, but my tummy is sour today. So I am giving it time to be happy again.

I guess that I am just very happy that I'm not hungry again after I had one day where I was and ate and craved junk food twice. Normally pre band that would have started me on the slipperly slope toward worse eating habbits. But now I am thinking I want to get some Protein and then veggies in today :girl_hug: And feeling like that makes me feel more triumphant.