Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

oh, im up too 20 min 4x a week on my gazell. thanks<p>Hummm... I found some old(not expired) Phen in a drawer. I have to w8 till the 14th of may for my first fill. I really want to loose 5 lbs before then. Dose anyone see any problem with takeing these with the band? I was on them for a yr, they only worked on me for 2 months. I kept hopeing, and throwing my $ away on them for some reason. I havent lost a thing for over 2 weeks. Any thoughts on what i can do to rev up my motabolism naturaly? my cals are good. 900-1200. just not loosing ugh. Thanks for any advice!</p>

I'm happy to say I've never had the PB/hairball experience.

AprilMarie, I went out about a week ago and had one glass of red wine and one vodka cranberry. That worked fine. Warning: The alcohol affects you more when your calories are reduced.

I was going "WOO HOO" :rolleyes: after just 2 drinks. Enjoy your evening!

TammyJ, I think we are bound to stall and go to the 1-2 lbs/week losses now. That is so hard to deal with, though, after the initial quick weight loss. After my TOM and the swelling had gone down...I took measurements and was happily surprised!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I have never posted on one of these before and I am really not sure how this all works. I got my first fill yesterday and have not felt any different today. Is that normal?

hi everyone,

well i finally found out what my problem is.....

i havent been able to eat anything for the past 2 weeks except Protein shakes. everything including chicken Soup and yogurt was coming up.

yesterday i was starting to struggle with the shakes.< /p>

my band was check with the fluroscope and it is "perfect" as my doctor said. i also havent had any fills yet

my esophogus is where i felt the problem was. i've also had trouble breathing. i had pain in my chest when i took a deep breathe.

the final straw was last night when i couldnt sleep lying down.:notagree

i called the doctors office again...and the nurse there told me to get a chest xray. that it could be pneumonia...

guess what?? it is. it is called aspiration pneumonia. it is NOT related to the lapband operation. it could be from PB-ing and something going down the wrong pipe and settling in lungs...they really dont know

the good news is i'm on antibiotics and should be on the mend.

the upside has been i havent wanted to eat at all (good thing because i couldnt eat)...only if i didnt feel so bad....

cindy: i havent had a fill yet but you post like you did and people will give you feedback. welcome

sophie248: guess thats another place to save money...on the alcohol hehehe... they should add that to the lapband websites where they show you how much money we will save by not buying bales of food after getting lapband ha!

mimijill: are you talking about phen phen? if it is...when i was getting the surgery they made a BIG deal to find out the last time i had it. it is pretty dangerous to cause heart problems.

hi sugarbear, sg dodge and oh juli

carol1951: glad about your fill

lori PA: it's funny you mention the drivers license. i just moved to texas and got my new license 3 mos ago. i look horrible. i want to have it redone.....i have to figure out how to get people at the DMV :faint: to let me do it in a few months

hi everyone else...i have to get to bed...

Josie- OUCH, that sounds so painful!!!!!!!!!!! I have never had a pb, and now i am really not looking forward to it. Is it still hurting when you breath? Bless your heart, you were really sick and struggling. Take the meds and be well.

Sophie- you go girl and dance on the piano. My parents are here visiting and i have had to break out the wine on more than one occassion and the buzz is quit lovely. Parents can be so much work you know?? Mine are 74 and 73, in good health thank God, but sometimes I feel like they are like Jerry Seinfeld's parents. Ok- well, one more week. My house is way full!!

yesterday was my worst band day yet- wine and chocolate!!

I am still at the same weight and know I might be grateful. My periods should start tomorrow..no wonder I feel like I could eat anything.

BBL girls..off to put the chicken in the oven.

Hi Cindy. I am not sure what your doc has you do when you get a fill. But I have to go on liquids for 24 hours, then mushies for 24 hours. You really don't feel restriction with liquids. Some, they say, could take up to two weeks to feel some. Personally, I felt little to none. A lot depends on the size band you have, and of course how much was put in it. Everyones stomach isn't the same size, so the amount of restriction is different for everyone. I have seen some lose without a fill, some no more than two. Then again some take several to find their "sweet spot." Hang in there and give it a little more time. If you still have doubts call your doc and discuss it. They may have some pointers they didn't tell you on how to work with the band. My doc tries to be very careful about amounts that goes in the band as not to over do. I hear that is miserable. Hang in there.

Josiebies, glad you are on the mend. That must have been horrible! Feeling that way only after surgery and not before, I would have thought it was something to do with the surgery too. Well, I guess it is related to the band if it is caused by the Pbing. Have you been doing that often? Glad things are better. Here if you "lose" your DL they have you to pay $5 and make you another one.

Sue, you must be an angel to have to be cooking like that not so long after you surgery! Let Grandma do some cooking, whew! What about eating out? I know that is a big crew to have to take out. If I were there I'd bring you a few dishes, like cassaroles and such that I have in the freezer for emergencies and lazy days that I don't want to cook. Take care.

I figured since I had a milkshake yesterday I would be in trouble with the WI today, but I got the surprise of my life when I got on the scale for the weekly numbers this morning--I was actually down three more pounds! I guess it must have been from all the moving around yesterday I had to do going from the ortho appointment to the PennDOT office to get my new ID. Plus I didn't finish the entire milkshake, a new thing for me. Heck, even 1/4 cup serving of egg beaters and a piece of wheat toast feels like Thanksgiving dinner now. LOL

hi sugarbear,

actually i thinkthe PBing was my fault which in turn caused the aspiration into my lungs. i was having a heck of a time with the small bites and eating slowly. the concept sounds easy....but practically i underestimated the "power of the band" :nervous

what is DL? i'm trying to guess..."dear lunch? " ha

thanks sue (in russia)....the breathing is getting better altho' i had to sit up last night to sleep. but i just started the antibiotics.

i feel like i have a hangover...BUT..the good news is at least i have an answer. not having the answer was really hard since i didnt see anyone else with this issue.

i wish the band "electrocuted me" when i came in contact with chocolate ha! YUM...i'm dying for chicken....next week i can go back on meat.

loriPA: congrats on your loss!

anyway see you guys later

oh, im up too 20 min 4x a week on my gazell. thanksHummm... I found some old(not expired) Phen in a drawer. I have to w8 till the 14th of may for my first fill. I really want to loose 5 lbs before then. Dose anyone see any problem with takeing these with the band? I was on them for a yr, they only worked on me for 2 months. I kept hopeing, and throwing my $ away on them for some reason. I havent lost a thing for over 2 weeks. Any thoughts on what i can do to rev up my motabolism naturaly? my cals are good. 900-1200. just not loosing ugh. Thanks for any advice!

I took phentermine for years to curb my appetite and was able to lose alot of weight each time. The only problem is once you stop taking them your appetite comes back and so does the weight. I have been pretty hungry lately and relying on will power right now (which is not great). I have some restriction but not enough. Luckily, I go back for fills every 2 weeks if needed, but for those who have to wait awhile between fills or even for the first fill it just might do the trick. I just read another thread and someone's Dr. actually prescribed phentermine to help him through "bandster hell". If your Dr. is pretty flexible he just might say YES! It's worth a try! I hear switching up your calorie intake from day to day or even going back to liquids for a couple days may jump start your weight loss again.

TammyJ, I think we are bound to stall and go to the 1-2 lbs/week losses now. That is so hard to deal with, though, after the initial quick weight loss. After my TOM and the swelling had gone down...I took measurements and was happily surprised!

You know, I didn't take my measurements at all. I guess I should have done that before surgery. I took pictures, but not measurements. It's not too late since I have a long ways to go! :bored

Josie, I am so glad you found out what the problem was and it can be easily resolved. Whew!!! I was getting a little worried about you! :D

Sue, I think we're in the same boat. Not gaining is a GOOD thing! :thumb:

LoriPA, WAY TO GO!!! ;)

Sugarbear-Actually my dad is a great help. I really don't mind it's just so damn hectic with all the people. i would love casseroles though. Did you have a fill or you waiting for your first one? or did you have one a get no restriction?? i got my tix for France. Bless my husband, first class Air Italia. AND, because it's a holiday, I have to add another day. I guess I just go shopping. I think it's turning into a mini holiday...sucks I'm going alone.

Tammyj-I am scared of the phen drugs but I sure could use something. I like the zapped thing for chocolate.Sheesh , I could have used that yesterday.

Ok, off to put the troops to bed and start a movie. Hope I can stay awake.

Tammyj-I am scared of the phen drugs but I sure could use something. I like the zapped thing for chocolate.Sheesh , I could have used that yesterday.

What's the zapped thing for chocolate? Have a good night!!! That's so weird! :biggrin1: