Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

I started getting sick on Wednesday and stupidly thought - oh it is just allergies. Cut to today when I called my doc in a panic because I couldn't breathe (I am an asthmatic). My pulse ox was 85 pre-breathing treatment.

I am now on mucho medication - breathing treatments, steroids, antibiotics.

On the plus side I have lost 6 more pounds.

TammyJ, Thanks for setting up the challenge! I'm adjusting mine to 10 30min and 10 40 min sessions. I try to do my cardio at least 40, but my circuit is only 30. Did my circuit for the first time today since before surgery, and it felt good. I'm Ready!

OHJuli, You are kicking but already on your exercise! Thanks for giving me something to aspire to. I have two exercise balls, but don't know what to do with them. One I have at the office and when I get sick of sitting on my but so much, I'll work at my computer while bouncing on my ball.

:bounce:

Congratulations Medge on your NSV (non-scale victory). It's really mind blowing to me seeing these sudden changes to my body. Sometimes I just have to look in the mirror and think....wow, 2 months ago.....

Mary, I've heard that some don't feel the restriction until a week after their fill. I think that was the case with me. I'm feeling pretty good restriction now and had my fill last Wednesday. I didn't have it right away. Kind of weird, huh?

Mrs. Husker, I definately think you should count a day of cleaning or gardening as a session in the exercise challenge! That's hard work!

Guns&Roses, Glad you are joining in again! I think you'll find that the format has changed a bit in our group from before.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Just got back from my walk. I did 1.8miles with one pound weights on both wrist and both ankles. Then I took them off and did .4 without the weights just to cool down. I had an NSV while walking. I had to keep pulling up my sweet pants. I finally had to tie them. I couldn't put two and two together as to why they were falling down. DUH! I am still only down 24 lbs, but something is getting smaller.

Guns- so glad you said you can't cut and paste, I too am a techno geek. i will do the challenge too, I need to relook at the choices. Thanks tammyj for keeping us accountable.

I can't remember who said what but...

I don't get too much port pain, sometimes when I am walking for awhile.

No, furball yet but plenty of the golfball incidents...shit, it's hqard as heck not to panic.

Kyethra- glad to see the surgery went well.I have to say that on more than one occassion I have thought that you are so wise beyond your years.

I want to respond to more but I have to jump in the shower and rock before my parents come back with the babies and it's nuts again. The babies got bikes yesterday. My 2 year old is obcessed with it. At 7:30 this morning he was cleaning it with wipes. So cute.

Thank you for the welcome back!!!

OH Juli--you seem to know what you are talking about with the GYM stuff. When I was in college I worked for a BIG NAME Gym J.L.L., so I thought i knew what I was talking about, but gym things have changed in 30 yrs!!!! I just use 4 LB wgts on my arms while I am doing 5-6 minutes on the bike.

10 days after being banded i got back on the treadmill and the elipitical machine. I started 2 wks pre - op. (PSYCHED)

So now my work out each day is about 45 min. + 10 min of STRETCHING.

GUNS N ROSES is my tag name cause it's their music that keeps me on those machines!!!!! " Paradise City " starts slow and gets faster and faster, just when I think I am losing steam. MY NAME IS CHRIS.

About 1 week ago I noticed i wasn't losing any more, so I upped the work out from 30min to 45 min and eat only 800 Calories a day. I use FITDAY.COM and keep a journal my food intake. This past week I lost 5 LBS. FIRST FILL 5/3. I WAS LOSING 1 LB. A DAY!!!!

For my birthday I got a scale. One of those evil things Hasn't been is this house for 15 Years!!!

About 1 week ago I noticed i wasn't losing any more, so I upped the work out from 30min to 45 min and eat only 800 Calories a day. I use FITDAY.COM and keep a journal my food intake. This past week I lost 5 LBS. FIRST FILL 5/3. I WAS LOSING 1 LB. A DAY!!!!

For my birthday I got a scale. One of those evil things Hasn't been is this house for 15 Years!!!

Good for you for getting a scale. I know people can get obsessed with them, but you do need to have some reasonable parameters or you can let the weight gain get out of control. I had a scale that I never-EVER- stepped on. I use it now, but I don't let the daily number get to me. Just so long as I see a downward slope over a few days, I'm good.

How can you do only 800 calories a day without a fill? My average is 1400. Even going only to 1000 has me feeling wiped out. Good for you though. That's great progress!

Mary, that does seem strange that you had restriction before the fill and not now! Give it a few more days, you may be surprised. Hang in there!

Wecome Back Guns!!! I do remember the name. I am an 80's child so I love Guns and Roses too! I can see how their music can get you pumped! :boxing:Sounds like you have a game plan and it is really paying off! Congratulations!!! Our challenges may not be much of a challenge for you! :biggrin1: Stick around and keep posting!

Juli, You are on a roll! I need to keep up! I use the exercise ball for crunches and stretching. I avoid floor exercises, but I may eventually have to get down there to tone up my legs unless I find a better way to do them. Any ideas?

Mrs. Husker, reading about your mother/daughter day made me feel a little mushy inside. I have 2 beautiful boys, but there's something extra special about a mother/daughter bond. My mother and I are best friends. For the past 4 years we have been going on a trip for Mother's Day. It's become sort of a tradition. This year it's Vegas! I get a little sad that I won't have anyone to share that with when I get older. It might not be so bad if I had a sister, but I don't have one of those either. My best friend and I have been friends for almost 20 years and we are very close so not all is lost! You are truly blessed! :love:

late, I had something similar sticking out of my port scar. It was very little and it didn't bother me. It's gone now so I assumed it was a part of the suture that eventually dissolved. It sounds like yours is more noticeable. Let us know what your Dr says. I hope its nothing. No carbonation for me...I'm gassy enough! :biggrin1:

Kyethra, I am glad you are doing better. You'll be back in the gym in no time!

Hazelbunny, feel better soon and WOOOHOOOOO on the 6lb loss!!! :clap2:

Sophie, Congrats on getting started on the workouts. It feels soooo good doesn't it!!!

Sue, cleaning the bike with a baby wipe...they are so cute at that age!

Thanks everyone for joining in on the challenge. If anyone has their own personal challenge they want to do like Protein intake, 20min. exercise for beginners, or 1 hour workouts for the pros. Whatever it is, please add it to your signature. We'd love to follow your progress!

Have a Great Weekend Marchies!!! :)

Good for you for getting a scale. I know people can get obsessed with them, but you do need to have some reasonable parameters or you can let the weight gain get out of control. I had a scale that I never-EVER- stepped on. I use it now, but I don't let the daily number get to me. Just so long as I see a downward slope over a few days, I'm good.

How can you do only 800 calories a day without a fill? My average is 1400. Even going only to 1000 has me feeling wiped out. Good for you though. That's great progress!

Calories: Cantelope 55; HB Egg 75, Asparagus 50, Salmon 200, Veggies 50, Slice of pizza 300, Healthy Choice Ice cream Bar 90

Chewable vitamens 30 . Went a little over yesterday cause I was saving up for PIZZA. LOL. Lots of Water and Gum.:bored

I am concerned that the Dr. will think I'm doing fine without a fill, but I know I cannot keep this pace up much longer. The fill and guns n roses and an upcoming family function(Mini - Goal) are keeping me on track.

TammyJ: I DID 3 CRUNCHES TODAY !!!! I'm a little worried though, how do yours feeL???

Calories: Cantelope 55; HB Egg 75, Asparagus 50, Salmon 200, Veggies 50, Slice of pizza 300, Healthy Choice Ice cream Bar 90

Chewable vitamens 30 . Went a little over yesterday cause I was saving up for PIZZA. LOL. Lots of Water and Gum.:bored

I am concerned that the Dr. will think I'm doing fine without a fill, but I know I cannot keep this pace up much longer. The fill and guns n roses and an upcoming family function(Mini - Goal) are keeping me on track.

TammyJ: I DID 3 CRUNCHES TODAY !!!! I'm a little worried though, how do yours feeL???

As long as I do them on the exercise ball I feel fine. Maybe you can try the mini crunches like Juli mentioned...laying back and rolling back and forth on the ball (i think that's what she said...I've never tried it, but it sound like a good way to get those stomach muscles ready for crunches). Also, you may have to wait awhile to start crunches. I'm not sure when you had surgery, but it takes some people longer that others to completely heal especially in the port area.

Guns, I just noticed your signature and your surgery was the day before mine. Did you Dr. give you a time limit before starting stomach exercises?

TammyJ: I recall something about 6 wks. I'm so focused on the cardio and stretching right now that I don't want to do too much on the crunches till I see the Dr. next week. I did do the MINI's today.

Guns, Wow! I can't imagine only 800 calories, especially with your workout routine. But hey, if you can do that, good for you. I am no where near that, but I am going to try and work towards more starting Monday. I believe you are a week behind me on the surgery date. I was 3/7/07. Your hard work will pay off. It will be exciting to watch your weight and inches fall off. Way to go Guns!!!!!!!!

Sue, How long will your parents be there? I don't know how you do it all!! You are sure to lose, I don't see how you have time to eat! lol. Hang in there, we might have to start calling you Ms Energetic.

Mrs. Husker, keep up the could work, sounds like you are having a pay day! Get ready to buy new sweats!

Hazelbunny, sorry you are so sick. Maybe the meds will kick in soon. Hurry and get better.

Tammy, Thanks for the challenge. I hope to dig in Monday. We will leave for vacation the following Sat. and I have plans of getting in exercise in some form every day. Thanks for giving us the incentive to go the extra mile. I needed that, I am stalled out on weight loss right now. I put that in my signature, just hope I can change it when the time comes.

hi everyone,

checking in.....i am going to NY for 10 days and wont have access to internet. i have a house on an island up there that isnt wired yet. can you believe it?

tammy thanks for the challenge. up there all i can do is walk....but when i return i will officially join.

i want to kick up my exercise a couple of notches

i still cant eat....but i started to be able to get Protein Shakes down again. so that, Water and vitamins...my doctor said i fine for me to live on.

i want something crunchy in my mouth.

i'm not hungry at all so that's the upside.

i found another girl who has the same thing. she's been dealing with this since her surgery in december. so seeing her deal with it is making me feel i can deal with it too.

so anyway good luck everyone with the challenge. i will catch up....promise

tammy...did you decide on the new thread's name?

thks