Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

Tammy and Nurseamy,

Goodluck on your fills. So am I getting this right that you only have to wait a couple weeks for fill 2?

Tammy and Nurseamy,

Goodluck on your fills. So am I getting this right that you only have to wait a couple weeks for fill 2?

My Dr told me I had to wait 4-6weeks but after a couple of days I realized I still had NO restriction and I had only had some for the 1st week after surgery.So it is getting REALLY hard.Anyway,I called and they told me the earliest I could come was 3weeks so I said sign me up!!!!!

Tammy and Nurseamy,

Every surgeon is different. I am allowed to go back every 2 weeks for a fill, but I have heard of others that have to wait up to 6 weeks for another fill.

Well today I again ate too much for brunch. I didn't mean to! I think that since my gall bladder and not eating for so long with that I'm a little more sensitive now after surgery-- it seems to get better as my swelling goes down though. But I am just surprised again and again by how little I eat now. I decided to have pancakes today. Not the healthiest choice, but I figured just a few would be ok as long as I eat well the rest of the day. So I heated up three pancakes figuring that should be enough and put a little bit of butter on them and some Syrup and started to eat them. Now pre banding I would have eaten at least six. Today I was FULL after 1.5. No fills in my near future. I actually slimed a little, though I tend to think of that as spitting up. Thats because I remind myself of when I took a class that had me spend a lot of time in the infant room at the campus childcare center. It really can be like spitting up, I think. So that was that. And then I remained satisfied for quite some time. I need to start making less. And for when I do have left overs I have a food sealer. Its really nifty. Its good for buying in bulk and dividing stuff up and also for preventing freezer burn and stuff and for bags that I reopen but want to seal again so stuff doesn't go stale like marshmallows. Part of my not so healthy eating these days is experimentation-- I want to see how my non existant gall bladder reacts. I know its probably foolish of me, but I feel the need to know this stuff now while I am at home before I go out and order something for the first time. If I gain a couple of pounds, then I gain a couple of pounds. it will come off again, a little slower.

I also told DH I would make dinner tonight. I'm going to microwave it. Hamburger patties (angus, naturally), and then frozen veggies mixed with some frozen cheesy potatoe bites so that there are more veggies than potatoes. I figure that will be a good meal in terms of Protein and then veggies and then starch. Plus I can just give DH more food or make him another patty. I haven't had beef yet except for in Soup since being banded so that will be interesting. What I want to try next is various types of cheese. I was dreaming about cheese last night. Yes, I still dream about food. LOL. But now I dream about food that usually fits in the bandster rules. For example, I was dreaming about mini baby bells (low fat ones) and laughing cow low fat cheese. Normally I wouldn't dream of low fat anything. I think thats pretty funny, my dreams adapting. Another even more amazing thing: There is still half an ice cream cake in the freezer untouched since the beginning of march.

I lost my state ID so I need to go get a new one before too long. In August I also need to get a new student ID since that is when my grad program starts. I wonder what I will weight in August? Once I get down to 220 I'm getting my hair cut.

i am having my first fill on WED. I can eat anything at this point so i am definitely in need of some serious restriction: what can i expect after the fill.. wiull it hurt? do i have to go on liquids?

Magnolia..

My fill didn't hurt at all, and i'm a BIG needle phobic! He had a hard time finding it, I had to lie down and push my abdombinal muscles out as hard as i could. The numbing shot was a little poke, not bad at all. I was on Clear Liquids 2 days, full liquids 2 days adn then mushies 1 day.

Good Luck!

I know a few of you told me to wait it out for my restriction to kick in...but thank goodness I'll see the Dr. on May 8th. cause it's not happening!

My 1cc fill last Mon still is not noticable. If I eat fast and take big bites, I can really feel it. If I go slow and easy It seems I could eat forever, well you know what I mean!

Been trying to eat the right things. no one said this would be easy Tomorrow I'm going to the support group my Dr's office puts on once a month. The topic tomorrow night is "Emotional adjustments" and the speaker will be the Dr. that gave my psych exam. This group is for all patients, RNY and LB.

I'm hoping to get my head back on straight. Weekends seem to put me all outta whack!

Eating at different times, It's a struggle to get in any scheduled exercise.

I guess it's just defferent exercise, My DH and I cleaned the garage for 5 hours today. sweeping, hauling, lifting, bending, that counts right?

Had leftover salmon from Bob Evans for dinner, 1/4 hamburger patty & broccoli, and a sip of milk.

I have the munchies, I think a SF grape popcycle sounds good right now.

Thanks for listening to my babble.

DEMSVMEJM: All that heavy duty work in one day!! If you go over to Fitday.com you will see that you burned about 9,000,000 calories:biggrin1: I also see that you are nicotine free? I didn't do it. I spoke with Forked-tongue to the med. folks. Good for you.

How has your cycle been since surgery?

OMG, mine is nuts. I typically have normal periods, not too heavy, doesn't last too long, every 4-5 weeks. I'm not so regular you can set a clock by me, but they are okay. I feel for my heavy-period having sisters out there.

Anyway fast forward to this weekend. This is the worst, heavyest period I can remember. And that's fine except I am an emotional wreck! I've gained back a few pounds. I eat well and I exercise like a gym rat. I know it will come off in a day. But it makes me sad. I'm hateful and weepy and so out of my normal range I can't stand my own self. I'd eat some junk if it would help, but I know it will only compound the emotions....

Holy cow! I hope this balances out soon. I'm shutting my office door and keeping out for the day. They'll thank me later.

Well, my WI is usually Thursday, and curiosity killed the cat, but something told me to get on the scale this morning, even though I only planned to measure myself for some new jeans. I am officially back in TWO-terville (well, a few pounds below the mark, heh)!carrot.gif

I am going to start stepping up the workout a little, increasing exercise from 20 to 30 minutes and two mile walks to three in May. I feel an incredible difference already just in the past six weeks since surgery. Who would have though in early March when I could barely move and on crutches I would progress this far?biggrin.gif

Right now I need to break up Feline Championship Wrestling before two of my cats kill each other. lol.gif

How has your cycle been since surgery?

OMG, mine is nuts. I typically have normal periods, not too heavy, doesn't last too long, every 4-5 weeks. I'm not so regular you can set a clock by me, but they are okay. I feel for my heavy-period having sisters out there.

Anyway fast forward to this weekend. This is the worst, heavyest period I can remember. And that's fine except I am an emotional wreck! I've gained back a few pounds. I eat well and I exercise like a gym rat. I know it will come off in a day. But it makes me sad. I'm hateful and weepy and so out of my normal range I can't stand my own self. I'd eat some junk if it would help, but I know it will only compound the emotions....

Holy cow! I hope this balances out soon. I'm shutting my office door and keeping out for the day. They'll thank me later.

I have never researched the science behind this but apparently fat cells hold estrogen and losing weight can affect your cycle and mood.

Makes sense - I had the worst period ever this month and I was psycho for three days before.

I have never researched the science behind this but apparently fat cells hold estrogen and losing weight can affect your cycle and mood.

Makes sense - I had the worst period ever this month and I was psycho for three days before.

Mine showed up a week early (that has NEVER happened) and holy mother crap... it brought me to my knees a couple of times.... of course.. I couldn't pop ibuprophen like I normally do either....

T

Are we going to be Marchies in May, or March into May?

Weight loss can and does change your cycle. Mine was every 35-49 days, but when I started losing weight pre-surgery, it went to 28-30 days. Last month I wasn't my normal bitchy self for 3 days (that was a nice change for DH) but it sure was heavy.

About periods. My weight always affected my cycle before. It was one of the good things about gaining weight. I remember my freshman year of college I told my PCP that I thought my weight gain (about 40 pounds) was unhealthy because it was affecting my periods (they were lighter, shorter) and I thought that was a good sign. So I said, help with this please. He said don't worry about it. I insisted (he was a bad doctor). So he refered me to the campus weight loss program-- I lost 30 and kept it off for a year. But yeah, thats always been just about the only good side effect of weight gain. It made the periods less excruitiating. I remember back in Junior High I would wish that I would just pass out (I used to get terrible vaginal pain with them too in adition to the lovely cramps). LOL. As a teen I got my periods about twice as often as everyone else and they lasted longer too. Sure didn't seem fair. Then I got on birth control. It was like the clouds had parted and the sunlight came streaming through. What hadn't anyone told me about this miraculous thing before? I adore my birth control. Though I did notice last month mine came about two days early even on that. With my lovely birth control my period only comes once a month. And its light!! And it only lasts about three to five days! No cramps either. Before I always actually lost weight during my period due to the vomitting and diarhea. If men had periods, the world would be a different place. They think they are all so tough... HA! (or at least this is what I think to myself when my husband whines because maybe he pulled a muscle a little).

I had a rough TOM this month also. Glad I had some left over pain meds as I don't think liquid tylenol would have done a thing. Good to know that the weight loss is what could be affecting it. I wonder what's going to happen this month??? Maybe when the weight is off, we'll have normal hormones!

My scale finally moved today.....minus 1 lb! Exercise challenge starts tomorrow! That might just get the lbs melting away again, I hope.

Thanks everyone for answering my TOM question. Offering up a bit of moral support is nice. :biggrin1:

I'm doing better now, but earlier today and yesterday I was a mess.

I'm looking forward to the challenges starting tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

I'll be clicking that exercise ticker off nearly everyday.