Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

TammyJ, Sign me up for the exercise challenge. I'm ready to get moving! I kicked off with a 1 hour hike today, and it felt really good. I've been walking, but want to get my circuit training, eliptical, and yoga going again consistantly. I was scared about eating again after my first fill too, especially after the incident, but I've had no problem with solids today. My next fill can't be before 6 weeks....hope that works.

WOW...a 1 hour hike!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! That is AWESOME! Send some of that energy my way...lol! Since we all will be at least one month out when May gets here, I think an exercise challenge is in order. I will post details by the end of the week.

Well I haven't posted on her in a while and am on here again looking for help and support. I was scheduled for a fill two weeks ago and couldn't have it done. I walked into the place for the fluroscopy (sp?) and they told me the table wouldn't hold me. I almost died of embarrasment. My doctor knew my weight and told me he forgot that the table wouldn't hold me. Now I have to wait to get my fill in a hospital. I am very fustrated and put back some weight. I was able to keep the 33 lbs off I lost for so long but now 13 have come back. Now I feel like I made a mistake. I can eat anything and everything and have NO restriction at all. HELP ME BANDSTERS!!!!

I know how embarrassing that is - I got turned away for a pelvic ultrasound once. UGH!!!

You will get your fill - this will work. All those embarrassing moments will become a part of your past. Hang in there!!

Why do we need to keep switching threads every month? I think it would be kind of nice a year from now to be able to read completely through our experiences and see how far we have come without having to travel through twelve different threads.

Navigating a 27 page thread really isn't any different than going through a 200 page thread - you are still hitting last page.

Well I haven't posted on her in a while and am on here again looking for help and support. I was scheduled for a fill two weeks ago and couldn't have it done. I walked into the place for the fluroscopy (sp?) and they told me the table wouldn't hold me. I almost died of embarrasment. My doctor knew my weight and told me he forgot that the table wouldn't hold me. Now I have to wait to get my fill in a hospital. I am very fustrated and put back some weight. I was able to keep the 33 lbs off I lost for so long but now 13 have come back. Now I feel like I made a mistake. I can eat anything and everything and have NO restriction at all. HELP ME BANDSTERS!!!!

BandSTAR...you know you're my favorite dude here right!:) We've missed you around here, but I'm glad you came to us for support because that's what we are here for. I know it's frustrating right now, but you DID NOT make a mistake. Most of us have a hard time with eating prior to getting filled so you are not alone. Your Dr. should have been prepared for you instead of wasting your time. Have you been scheduled for a fill at the hospital yet? Hang in there...it will get better! :)

hey kids...it's me!! just trying to stay above Water, my parents are visiting and I am cooking non stop for 8 people every day..my son got very sick and I am just exhausted. I am following just not writing. I am sorry that josie felt like we weren't listening, I have felt that exact way. BUT, I don't think it's so true..usually I am reading and nodding my head, agreeing and many times you guys make me laugh. I have to participate some more.

LOVE march Band..

Hazel HUGE difference!!!!!

where's Pam?

i am holding the same weight loss. feel pretty good. have to eat really slow. My fill isn't until May 9th..that's 9 weeks. Ugh!!!

Love to all! back to the kitchen..it's snowing today!

Sue

Hey Sue...it's good to hear you're feeling pretty good! May 9th is not very far away. Hang in there! Yes, where is Pam? She hasn't posted in awhile. Maybe we will talk her up!

Why do we need to keep switching threads every month? I think it would be kind of nice a year from now to be able to read completely through our experiences and see how far we have come without having to travel through twelve different threads.

Navigating a 27 page thread really isn't any different than going through a 200 page thread - you are still hitting last page.

We don't need to and I've seen other threads who don't, but I just go with what everyone seems to prefer. I think a fresh/shorter thread is easier for newcomers to jump right in and feel comfortable. A 200 page thread is alot different that than a 27 page thread if you are new or if you haven't been here in awhile.

I have to agree my ankles and feet don't hurt like they used to. But because of a serious increase in activity my knee is giving me pain. ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

<O:p></O:p>

My question is what over the counter pain medication do people use? I loved my ibuprofen and know that's a no-no. Tylenol doesn't do much for me unless there's a little #3 and I can't do that everyday. I don't know much about Aleve, any thoughts? Is that okay not to irritate the stomach?<O:p></O:p>

I only use Tylenol myself. I'm not sure about Aleve, you may want to call your Dr. to be sure. There has to be something else you can take besides Tylenol.

hi everyone,

checking in....i'm now putting myself on full liquids to see if that helps. i have gone backwards and cant eat again. i've been doing Protein Shakes and Vitamins so i feel fine now. my doctor said as long as i do that and HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE....i will be fine

i'm sick of complaining and am just going to "suck it up" for the next few weeks....

guns and roses: you are right...it's funny how "sexy" we can feel with just a little weight off. i feel a little "wiggle" in my step now. i also feel better when i dont cheat 1 day.

oh juli: i take "tylenol rapid relief liquid". it has been helping with the shoulder pain. but i know what you mean about ibuprofen. i used to take that like vitamins ha!!!.....especially when i get cramps....my dr says only tylenol but i'm not sure why we cant take the others...maybe because it's harder on the stomach

bandstar: i'm sure we all have those embarrassing stories. one time i went to astro-world. i forget the name of the ride but my brother and i waited for a long time to get on this thing that went straight up and then dropped you down quickly. there were what seemed like millions of people on line and the line wrapped around the ride so everyone could see you go up. well...when they went to put the bars down for me...they wouldnt go down. i was mortified....i looked like "dead man walking" when i walked off the ride...

BUT....that doesnt ever have to happen again if we follow the bandster plan.

tammyj: what kind of challenge are you thinking about? i used to belong to one in weight watchers and they committed to various things like exercise, Water drinking, journalling.

and when will you start it?

i have to go to new york next week for 10 days and i wont have alot of access to the computer. i'm already having withdrawal...YIKES!

have a good day everyone

Had my 1st fill of 1cc this a.m.! 2 days Clear Liquids, 2 days full liquids, 1 day mushies & then back to normal foods, hopefully in smaller portions that keep me fuller longer!

Woo-Hoo!

Normally this would go in my journal but it would see those went away.

Ok.. Fill number two was pretty uneventful.. They are v. happy with my progress and say that I am right on track. I'm losing 3.5 per week and they really prefer I don't lose faster than that. I am no longer a BMI of 50+ HOORAH!! I was a 49.8 this a.m. The day of surgery I weighed in at 331.5 and I know in Jan I was around 336+. Today I was 308 so Total weight lost is 32. Total lost from day of surgery 23.5.

My band holds 4cc's, last time they put in 2.2, today they made me an even 3. Again, this fill made a diff. I was REALLY hungry when I went in. You can't have anything in your tummy so I hadn't eaten yet but when I left I was FULL.

I have an appointment in three weeks with Morton again and also a nutritionalist. chicken & tuna don't always go down well (feels like I'm swallowing a v. dry golf ball) & steak is a big pain in the butt to chew. I get really tired of chewing it so I end up spitting it out. This pretty much leaves.. well,za_fish.gifza_fish.gifza_fish.gif, cheese, Beans, hummus, eggs.. you get the pic. SO this makes getting in all my Protein somewhat of a challenge. Well of course I could live on CHEESE but that would probably impede the whole weight loss goal...ai_chewing.gif

I'm on liquids again for two days then work my way up to real food. I went to the pick yer own strawberry farm on Saturday and bought a gallon of THE MOST deeelish berries EVER. Well Todd's out of town and I can't have any until Wednesday and they were picked Saturday so I'll have to bring 'em to work so they don't go bad. I'll get some more this Saturday. I like to eat them on my salads.

One of the main differences this time from last time is when the numbing shot started wearing off at work, it started STINGING. I'm still stinging but I guess it will fade. I just put a new Garfield band-aid over the spot and it already feels better. Now if I could just find band-aids with a moose on it....

I'm going to start tracking my protein grams every day. I need to get in 60-80. This should be fun.

T

Hello everyone

I haven't posted in a while. I wanted to say congrats to everyone on there progess and keep up the good work.

I love all of the names for the may group. I am for an exercise challenge and a Water challenge.

I am sooooo happy!!! I went jogging (power walking when I was too tired) for the first time this morning and it was so nice out side, I just loved it. I have a goal that I want to meet, and that is to be active every day. I will see how this is going to go. Wish me luck. I have been so busy with family, school, work, and working out it has been hard to keep up with our thread but I caught up today.

It looks like all of us March bandsters are doing well, I know I've had a few bumps along the way. But learning to use this tool will take some trial and error and I remind myself "old habits are hard to break..but I'm doing my best!"

Since my fill this a.m. I've had a weird pricking or stinging feeling by my port too....what is that? Kinda strange

Bandstar, do not give up now, you have been through too much. Making the decision to have the surgery, the pre-op, the post-op, the liquids, the mushies, and your weight loss. Don't throw that away, especially over one set back. I am sorry you had to go through that, you should not have had to. Eventually you will learn all the ins and outs of what has to be done. We are all still learning. I am having no weight loss at this time, and I'm pretty frustrated too, but I have a few that are encouraging me and it really helps, Just get back on track, today is a new day, just move forward, don't look back. You can do this, and you are worth it. Keep us posted. Get right back on the band-wagon and and keep on riding. I am trying to hang in for the 21st of May, that's when I get another (my second) fill. We have to MAKE this work, and we WILL!!!!

I like the monthly switches as it keeps it all fresh and exciting.

As for wanting to re-read it all at one time...you can. Just keep a file with each months link and read away.