Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

I e-mail my nurse to see if I can get a fill on May 8 or 9. I am still only eating about 1 cup a food per sitting, but I am hungery withing a hour or two. I hope they can get me in. I am also off on those days so that would be a bonus. The scale didn't move, still 199 and holding, so that is good news. I have just uped my walking to about 2 miles 4 times per week. When we get the basement done (hopefully soon) then I will add weights and start doing my Sweating videos (still love Richard).

Josiebies, You have lost nearly 40 lbs in less than three weeks. I was loking at your weight and current weight. What size band and have you had any fill. I know some docs put some in at surgery. Sounds like you are really tight or maybe a lot of swelling. I would say call the doc, but I see you have already been to see him. You shouldn't have trouble getting sood down. Of course you are probably on mushies, right? I had to do liquids for two weeks and then mushies a couple of weeks.Week 5 before I could go to solids. I think I would go back, maybe they will take a look with the flouroscope. Most of us ar too loose at that point and wanting a fill.

:) Hi all,

I havent posted to this thread yet but have been fallowing it. I was banded mar.23. Oh, Im Mimi 36..from OK. I was banded in TJ MX. This thread has been such a big boost! I dont really know anyone thats been banded and havent really told anyone but my husband and out of state sis.

My problem is, im 3.5 weeks out from surgery and am on soft foods. Today I heated up som pre pkg pork roast, and put some salsa /sour cream on it. i took 1 bite, Chewed it up realllly well and swallowed. welp, the next 1/2hr i spent pb ing like crazy, I think I took to big of a bite to fast? not eatting that again!!! Anyway, My question is. should I stay on Clear Liquids for a day? Or reg liquids? I dont know? ive just been able to sip on hot tea since. Nooo fun. Ok, nice to meet yall and thanks for eny advice.:D

Beautiful!!!! I love the arched brows and earrings. Fantastic for you!

You may have noticed that I look a little different in my avatar pic. Along with losing weight I will be going through a hair transformation at the same time. I have been wanting to go ALL NATURAL for years, but never had the guts to do it. I wanted to totally transform myself so I stopped relaxing my hair about the same time I decided to get banded. I couldn't think of a better time to start! After growing a couple inches of new growth I finally chopped off all my relaxer. I went and got my eyebrows arched, put on some make-up and some cute earrings to ROCK MY TWA (teeny weeny afro)! I can't keep my fingers out of my hair...I love the way it feels! This is the hair that God gave me and it is beautiful! I can't wait til it grows long enough to put a flower in it or to wear some twists. I have to be sure to get in at least 60g of Protein a day so I won't lose what little hair I do have. Watch out as my HAIR GETS BIGGER and my BODY GETS SMALLER! :biggrin1:

HI Folks,

I started coughing on Sunday eve, Monday was rough and by Tuesday I was hacking all day long. At sometime Tuesday night I must have pulled a muscle in my stomach. I was freaking out!!! Went to my local doctor and he checked my incisions carefully cause he thought I might have created a hernia. He said he did not think I had a problem. He said it was not the lapband for sure. What a relief!!! NOW IF I CAN QUIT COUGHING I WONT FEEL THE PAIN. :D

I am dissappointed in my weight loss. I have only lost 18 pounds and most of that was in the 2nd week after surgery. I am back on regular foods but tried to eat ribs yesterday and they got stuck. Today I went with soft foods. I am not scheduled for a fill until May 26.

Well, the main point of my post is to tell everyone...."DO NOT COUGH HARD":clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Tranam1955,

I got a chest cold days after I had my surgery. My coughing made me tear a few stiches that were holding down my port to the stomach muscle. It did end up healing fine and everything seems to be better now (we will see when I get my first fill).

My advice is to cough laying down or bent over something (in my case I bent over the arm of the chair) that seemed to ease the stress on the stomach muscles and made it much less painful!

Hope you feel better!

:) I started this whole process in Jan 06 and finally got banded 3/14/07. I was so psyched when approval came thru I started working out in Feb and lost 6 big ones. It only took 2 wks post Op to get back to my 30 min workout. Didn't find this website till April, though. Too bad for me. Awaiting first fill 5/3 and working out 35 min/daily. Loses more inches than Lbs. About 16 Post Op. So glad I did it. Just wish this dar garn back pains would leave.:D

Me too. It took 14 mos to get to banded. So worth the wait, don't you think? My first fill is 5-7-07. We are doing this side by side.

hi sugarbear,

no i've lost 16 lbs since surgery.

my eating problem is getting worse so i will call them tomorrow.

i couldnt even eat Soup tonight.

i am allowed to eat soft food (mushies, fish, soft veggies)

i'm living on Protein Shakes right now

this started right after i went to see him last week about my shoulder pain.

oh well...it may just be the healing but i'd better check it out.

i'm starting to spin tomorrow :clap2: ..i love those classes

i'm also starting a "body for life challenge" on monday. this is being started by sunshine on the exercise forum on this website (if anyone is interested)

have a good night

HI Folks,

I started coughing on Sunday eve, Monday was rough and by Tuesday I was hacking all day long. At sometime Tuesday night I must have pulled a muscle in my stomach. I was freaking out!!! Went to my local doctor and he checked my incisions carefully cause he thought I might have created a hernia. He said he did not think I had a problem. He said it was not the lapband for sure. What a relief!!! NOW IF I CAN QUIT COUGHING I WONT FEEL THE PAIN. ;)

I am dissappointed in my weight loss. I have only lost 18 pounds and most of that was in the 2nd week after surgery. I am back on regular foods but tried to eat ribs yesterday and they got stuck. Today I went with soft foods. I am not scheduled for a fill until May 26.

Well, the main point of my post is to tell everyone...."DO NOT COUGH HARD":clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I pulled a muscle about 3 days after surgery. Apparently its fairly easy to do when you are recovering! The pain has been horrible, but 3 weeks later I'm starting to feel better. My surgeon says exercise will help.

I feel you on the weight loss. I've lost almost 15lbs since surgery. Now granted - I lost 50+ lbs BEFORE surgery, but I really thought I would have lost a little more since I've been eating less.

So I'm finding that I'm able to eat anything (including bread) at this point. I've been keeping everything in moderation, but I really thought I would have been able to eat less than I can. I can't wait to get my first fill. I have to wait until May 8th for my first fill ;)

Exactly four weeks ago today, I went under the knife to get my little lap band (or "lappy" as I call it) put in.

And now here I am, down another two pounds this week. Yeah, some will say it isn't much, but take two one pound boxes of butter and stick it on each hip and there you go! I guess things are slowing down a bit for now because I am starting to build some muscle from exercising. At least that is what I was told anyway.

Pre-surgery, my cholesterol was 181. Now it is 163. Heh. Blood pressure this morning was 110/63.

Total of pounds lost since surgery: 42

I feel you on the weight loss. I've lost almost 15lbs since surgery. Now granted - I lost 50+ lbs BEFORE surgery, but I really thought I would have lost a little more since I've been eating less.

That's exactly what I've lost, too. But loss is loss and I'm happy.

Guess what???? I get to have a chicken suiza (chicken/avocado/sour cream enchilada covered with mole sauce!) tonight--three days before I'm supposed to start solids--with the dr.'s support ("NO chips, rice, or drink with the meal, though!!!"). Woohooooooo. Way to Celebrate my one-month bandiversary: with a few bites of my very favorite Mexican dish! In the words of my Grandson: "I just tan't wait."

Exactly four weeks ago today, I went under the knife to get my little lap band (or "lappy" as I call it) put in.

And now here I am, down another two pounds this week. Yeah, some will say it isn't much, but take two one pound boxes of butter and stick it on each hip and there you go! I guess things are slowing down a bit for now because I am starting to build some muscle from exercising. At least that is what I was told anyway.

Pre-surgery, my cholesterol was 181. Now it is 163. Heh. Blood pressure this morning was 110/63.

Total of pounds lost since surgery: 42

Congrats on both your stats and your loss, Lori! You ROCK! And, yes, two pounds IS much!

Karen, that sounds delish!!!! Congratulations on all the weight loss victories. You guys are doing AWESOME!!! ;) Well, I am about to try my first solid food since my first fill on Monday. I am a little nervous! I am able to drink Water fine, but when I eat applesauce it goes down much slower and I can even hear/feel it gurgling as it goes down. I think I'm going to try a scrambled egg and see how that goes. Good thing is...I am not hungry! I could pass on Breakfast this morning, but I know I better eat something. Wish me luck!