Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

Thanks Karen!! Oh you will love your first meal! I hope those 10 days go really fast for you. What do you think you will eat? For me, I had a beautiful piece of salmon. I swear it was the best thing I ever tasted. :mad:

I'm a lot heavier than you, and I'm figuring that's why I've lost more. Who knows. It's definitely not something I could have done without this glorious band though. No regrets, for sure!

Keep up the great work yourself, Karen! How are you feeling otherwise? Have you started to exercise?

Virginia

Thanks Karen!! Oh you will love your first meal! I hope those 10 days go really fast for you. What do you think you will eat? For me, I had a beautiful piece of salmon. I swear it was the best thing I ever tasted. :mad:

How are you feeling otherwise? Have you started to exercise?

Virginia

My husband asked me yesterday what I wanted for my first real dinner--I told him SALMON! Man, that does sound good. I'm sure it will be the best thing I ever tasted as well. I'm very anxious!

Thanks for asking how I'm feeling. I've actually had a very hard week. I started exercising and just walked for two days for 20 minutes each. My muscles got SO sore, even though I stretched before and after. Well, the third day I was really sick, :sickprobably had the flu, and am still struggling with that. I wondered if it could be a band problem or a complication like an infection or something (chills like I've never had--teeth chattering for hours and shivering under two down comforters with a heating pad, horrible headaches, tiredness--I slept 20 out of 24 hours one day--and just terrible gas pains in my lower abdomen. Tonight I'm quite a bit better but still not 100%. At least I see improvement. Hope it wasn't all just an allergic reaction to the exercise!:phanvan Thanks for asking! I'm sure that's TMI!

Gosh, I'm sorry you were so sick! It does sound like it was a 24 hour bug or something. How awful. I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better now.

Ha! You are so funny...allergic to exercise. Wouldn't that be a great excuse not to do it. I'll be starting excercising this week but I have tried to do more walking and moving in my daily life. Every little bit helps right?

I can totally understand the soreness in your legs. Have you considered an exercise bike instead of walking. It's a little gentler. or an elliptical trainer?

One way to lose weight fast: Get sick and stop eating. And thats mostly the truth of it lately.

I'm just getting sicker :sick . It had better be my gall bladder or something else easy to fix. Today I went to eat some ice cream, my most favorite food in the world. Not even very much. I couldn't finish my ice cream (a complete first for me). My tummy wasn't happy with it. And I know if the tummy doesn't like something that the tenderness in the side is going to follow (well is getting to be closer to pain and less like tenderness).

Yesterday I got in a slice of pizza. Today was better. Today I got down another slice of pizza, a bit of ice cream, plus most of a kashi frozen meal.

Its my one month bandiversary and I'm still loosing about a pound a day. I think that later, when I am all better I will look back on this and maybe be glad for the weight loss being sick gave me.

Thanks Sugarbear and Pianoplayer for describing your fill experiences. From what I've been told, my surgeon performs fills alot like Pianoplayer described. Well, I finally get my first fill tomorrow as long as there are no surprises! :)

You may have noticed that I look a little different in my avatar pic. Along with losing weight I will be going through a hair transformation at the same time. I have been wanting to go ALL NATURAL for years, but never had the guts to do it. I wanted to totally transform myself so I stopped relaxing my hair about the same time I decided to get banded. I couldn't think of a better time to start! After growing a couple inches of new growth I finally chopped off all my relaxer. I went and got my eyebrows arched, put on some make-up and some cute earrings to ROCK MY TWA (teeny weeny afro)! I can't keep my fingers out of my hair...I love the way it feels! This is the hair that God gave me and it is beautiful! I can't wait til it grows long enough to put a flower in it or to wear some twists. I have to be sure to get in at least 60g of Protein a day so I won't lose what little hair I do have. Watch out as my HAIR GETS BIGGER and my BODY GETS SMALLER! :biggrin1:

After all this time wondering if I would ever be able to eat over 1000 Cals again, I finally lost my restriction. I'm 6 weeks post op on Monday, and for the past four days I've been ravenously hungry :hungry: , and have been consuming 1600 - 1800 cals/day (yikes). I'm hungry again about an hour after I eat. My stomach kind of has this aching feeling all the time now too. I hope I'm not over stressing it. I'm going back on Liquid Protein diet today to get this under control - probably until my fill on Wednesday.

On a postitive note, I've increased my exercise. Hiked hills for a long time yesterday, and am doing gardening, yoga, and PACE circuit training. This is probably the reason for my increase in appetite.....that and PMS :phanvan

Tammyj, You look great!

Keep up the great work everyone!! This is working :clap2:

Purplemonkey, Momlambert, Hurrah!!!! for both of you!!!!!!! Those losses are fantantastic!!

Purplemonkey, 43lbs after surgery, less than a month! Wow!! I think that is the greatest loss I have seen in that short of period of time. I have lost little since surgery, Mar. 7th. About 6 lbs since surgery, the rest about 18 was pre-op diet. I guess I am going to be a member of the slow losers club. I have even gotten a fill about 2 weeks ago. No restriction, and I too can eat anything. I am going to call and try to get another fill as soon as they will let me. I am really excited for both of you. I just have to hang in there till I get the proper restriction. I am going to try to get with an exercise program this week. Maybe that will help.

Thanks Sugarbear and Pianoplayer for describing your fill experiences. From what I've been told, my surgeon performs fills alot like Pianoplayer described. Well, I finally get my first fill tomorrow as long as there are no surprises! :)

You may have noticed that I look a little different in my avatar pic. Along with losing weight I will be going through a hair transformation at the same time. I have been wanting to go ALL NATURAL for years, but never had the guts to do it. I wanted to totally transform myself so I stopped relaxing my hair about the same time I decided to get banded. I couldn't think of a better time to start! After growing a couple inches of new growth I finally chopped off all my relaxer. I went and got my eyebrows arched, put on some make-up and some cute earrings to ROCK MY TWA (teeny weeny afro)! I can't keep my fingers out of my hair...I love the way it feels! This is the hair that God gave me and it is beautiful! I can't wait til it grows long enough to put a flower in it or to wear some twists. I have to be sure to get in at least 60g of Protein a day so I won't lose what little hair I do have. Watch out as my HAIR GETS BIGGER and my BODY GETS SMALLER! :biggrin1:

TAMMY, YOU LOOK GRRRREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow, and keep up the good work and attitude. It really helps those of us that success is slower in comming.

You may have noticed that I look a little different in my avatar pic. Along with losing weight I will be going through a hair transformation at the same time.

Good for you, Tammy! You are adorable. I love your TWA--it's only surpassed by your great attitide. Good luck tomorrow--you'll do GREAT!:clap2:

Gosh, I'm sorry you were so sick! It does sound like it was a 24 hour bug or something. How awful. I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better now.

Ha! You are so funny...allergic to exercise. Wouldn't that be a great excuse not to do it. I'll be starting excercising this week but I have tried to do more walking and moving in my daily life. Every little bit helps right?

I can totally understand the soreness in your legs. Have you considered an exercise bike instead of walking. It's a little gentler. or an elliptical trainer?

Thanks, bandsister. I am feeling better today--still need to be near the bathroom but headache, chills, etc, are gone and I'm not as exhausted.

Allergy to exercise would be a great excuse but I manage to come up with plenty besides that one. I really hate exercise. But I'm going to go get new walking shoes this week and hope that helps. I've used a bike before but I have knee problems so I'm not sure it's the answer.I'll keep trying methods. Thanks for the encouragement. Have a great week!

Tammy, Good for you, change is great.

Thanks Sugarbear! Definitely happy about the now-44 pounds. I'm just so amazed. I've never had so much success.

I went to work out at the gym for the first time today and OMG! I've never used an elliptical before and I must have looked like such a dork. LOL I spent about 10 or so minutes stopping and starting and I was going so slow that the machine kept thinking I was stopping and would pause itself. I was thinking oh brother! but I was trying to keep my heart rate in the 150's because that was recommended for people in their 30's. So...then I did a mile on the exercise bike. I hear you with the knee injury Karen. I have one too and it was a bit hard on the bike. I had to pull the seat close enough to follow through with the peddles but bending my left knee that tightly on the way back up is rough. It's probably best to get your strength back up before you do anything too strenuous. :)

That elliptical machine was awesome. I hope someday I can conquer that and rage on it like the other gymsters do. My god, they go crazy on it and for a very long time too. Sigh... :) Soon, I hope.

It's an icky day here in jersey...pouring rain and windy and cold.

TammyJ--Best wishes for a successful fill this week!

My fill is still working 4 days later; however, I really need to start serving myself a slightly smaller portion than the recommended portion size. What I am finding is that when I am halfway through with eating the recommended portion I have served, I am satisfied, but I really have to think hard to tell myself, "Stop now! You don't need to finish eating what's on your plate." Does anyone else have this same problem?

I am doing great with taking small bites and chewing well (have had no problems with chicken breast so far). I don't want to become complacent about it yet, but eating this way is starting to be second nature to me now, so you can teach an old dog new tricks after all. :) Fortunately I have had no PB episodes yet, but I know it will happen one day as I start to increase the variety of foods I am eating.

Wishing continued success to all us Marchies . . .

Hi! I was banded on 3/24. I have lost 25lbs so far. I go for my 1st fill on 4/19. I have a question. Has anyone experience their port feeling like it is kind of bulging out some or that it has tilted over to the side. It seems like the edge of the port is kind of bulging out & the flat part is in there like diaganol I guess is the best way to put it. I just know that it definetly feels different then it did before. I am hoping that my Dr. will be in his office tomorrow for me to make an apt. for him to take a look at it. If anyone else has experienced this please share. I'm scared. I am losing weight & it's like I told my husband...I love my band I just want them to position it so that it's not so uncomfortable.

Hi! I was banded on 3/24. I have lost 25lbs so far. I go for my 1st fill on 4/19. I have a question. Has anyone experience their port feeling like it is kind of bulging out some or that it has tilted over to the side. It seems like the edge of the port is kind of bulging out & the flat part is in there like diaganol I guess is the best way to put it. I just know that it definetly feels different then it did before. I am hoping that my Dr. will be in his office tomorrow for me to make an apt. for him to take a look at it. If anyone else has experienced this please share. I'm scared. I am losing weight & it's like I told my husband...I love my band I just want them to position it so that it's not so uncomfortable.

Yes, mine feels like it's tipped out at the top. I was banded on March 19 and as the swelling has gone down the port has become more noticeable. I haven't been worried about it really. It feels like the flat part is totally accessible and that is where the fill needle has to find so I don't see a problem with the tilt. At a seminar yesterday the nurse says that when you are filled they put a pillow behind your back and then to find the port they have you flex your abdominal muscles by tucking your chin down to your chest--that pushes the port up so they can fill it easier. So bottom line: no, I'm not worried. But let us know what your dr. says tomorrow--maybe I should be worried!