Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to say a big "HELLO" to each of you. And Thank You..... I am 50, will be 51 in the next few months. I was feeling so old and tired. Now I feel uplifted and excited about having the sleeve in the next few months.

I had the band in 2007, did good the first few years lost over 70 lbs, and then starting having reflux and could not keep a fill. Needless to say, I gained all of the weight back. I went to the doc and he suggested doing revision to the sleeve. I was 43 when I got the band, was so excited about it. Now I am turning the page, forgiving myself, loving myself enought to make the change.

Take care all,

Laura

HELLO right back at ya! Congratulations.....and what a positive note......I was a few months shy of my 50th birthday when i had the sleeve.....that was 10 months ago, I'm 90 pounds lighter, and feeling fabulous........I only wish I had done this years ago........I had thought about WLS for a number of years, but wasn't comfortable with gastric bypass or lap band, however, when I saw a friend I hadn't seen in years who looked fabulous....a sleeve success story....and told me what she had done, I started researching the surgery and approval process right away....so glad I did....Wishing you all the best!

Just wanted to say a big "HELLO" to each of you. And Thank You..... I am 50, will be 51 in the next few months. I was feeling so old and tired. Now I feel uplifted and excited about having the sleeve in the next few months........... Now I am turning the page, forgiving myself, loving myself enought to make the change.

Definitely not too old! I'm 65 and was sleeved 7 months ago. Best decision ever! Love my sleeve!

You are NOT too old. I had my sleeve done 6 mos ago, at age 60. I haven't turned 61 yet, but as a previous poster said - that's just a number. I feel MUCH better now that I've lost 48 lbs (26 more to go). I would definitely do it again.

Comorbidities:

>> Type II diabetes: I was on insulin; now I'm off that and taking just one Metformin tablet per day instead. My blood sugars and HbA1c are much better now.

>> Hypertension: I was on Diovan; now I'm off that.

>> Osteoarthritis: I too have a knee that is probably going to need replacing some day. It hurts a LOT less now than it used to, despite me being more active now.

The sleeve is a tool, not a cure. It does not make weight loss easy, but for me it made it possible to lose and keep it off. Best wishes!

Thank you all. Great answers for building my confidence. So.... JULY 29th it is!

I'm 53 (tomorrow), going Sept 13 to TJ, and scared spitless, and excited at the same time. I stepped on a scale for the first time last night in over a year and hid in the shower and cried for half an hour. They say exercise, hell I can barely walk, I hope this won't hinder things, if I could lose the first 20 I'm sure I can walk again easier and get moving..

All you have to do is read the previous posts and know we were all scared. We did it. Very few say they have regret. 68 and happy. Walking all over New Orleans yesterday about 25 blocks. Pre-surgery we could not walk period. My opinion is we could sit back and die or do something. We did something and would do it again in a heartbeat. Best wishes!

I have to do this, as I've already stopped living, so there is no choice for me. I'm excited to be able to do things without the underlying thought "how far will I have to walk, and will everyone hear me panting for air", how did I get this far gone? I am scared, but if I could go tomorrow I would. I have found others that have done it alone and made it, so will I.

For some inspiration, read my blog (a bit old now since I am almost 3 years out). Had my sleeve done a few days after my 57th BD; never regretted it for a moment....was so excited as they wheeled me into surgery! Your life will change!!!! For the better....this is a moment for you and you new life will be so fabulous. Good luck and keep us posted. My blog link is below...I wrote it every Sunday during my first year....hopefully it will be encouraging to you.

I'm 53 (tomorrow), going Sept 13 to TJ, and scared spitless, and excited at the same time. I stepped on a scale for the first time last night in over a year and hid in the shower and cried for half an hour. They say exercise, hell I can barely walk, I hope this won't hinder things, if I could lose the first 20 I'm sure I can walk

again easier and get moving..

Codys mom, I'm 57 and have copd/asthma. Did you have to go to the cardiologists? I have apt on Friday and scared about going! I know I can't do the stress test some on here said they had to do. Just wondering how if u had apt with cardio how it went? I can barely walk a quarter of a mile on tread mill without being sob.

@@#9grammy I'm a self pay going to Tijuana Mexico to have it done on my own, so I didn't have to do any tests, all will be done when I arrive there. I've been walking about 15 minutes a night and try do do it a few time during the day just to get myself prepared. It's not easy when your feet hurt, back aches and can't breath, but it's a start.

I had the sleeve operation 8 months ago at 58years old. I wold absolutely do it over again. I am much more active and regularly exercise. I had high blood pressure, knee and back issues and used a CPAP. All gone! Wish I did this sooner, I know I have added years to my life

I'm 64 and had my surgery in Mexico May 13, 2014. I feel so much better with the weight loss. I can move more easily and can walk much faster. The weight was really hampering my activities. I have been stalling the last 3 weeks but I hope to lose more. I know it has helped my overall health.

I had my surgery Sept 14, and it was easy, absolutley no problems what so ever. But now I can't drink Water, it makes me gag and I can't add flavorings if it has artificial sweetners in them. Any suggestions how to get the Water in. I don;t think I even get 8 oz in a day, so it's not good!

I found that you have to time your Water intake. I drink 1 cup at a time usually 15-20 minutes before I eat, never with food and maybe 45-60 minutes after I eat. Otherwise I get sick. Hard to get all 8 glasses in but it is helping. I was sleeved 9/16. So maybe this will help you to. Good luck- ️AllofMe ☺️