Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was hoping it would get better, but it's getting worse. I still don't get more than 8 oz of Fluid in a day, and really not much food either. Water makes me gag, and I ues to love it and drink so much. Now nada!

I was hoping it would get better, but it's getting worse. I still don't get more than 8 oz of Fluid in a day, and really not much food either. Water makes me gag, and I ues to love it and drink so much. Now nada!

You need to talk with your surgeon asap. You don't want to become dehydrated and end up in ER or admitted.

I felt the same way and now that I'm 6weeks post op I'm still in that"what in the hell did i do to myself"stage...i can't drink anything so I'm dehydrated...allergic to the shakes..it all sucks

Codys Mom...I'm have the exact same issues!! I see its not just me..can't drink anything...had to have 2 bags of iv a week ago..hope we get better

You need to find something that you can drink. For some reason Water has the wrong PH for our little tummies. Some people like the drops you can put in Water,

there is Vitamin water, crystal light, etc. It does not have to be plain water.

If you don't like the shakes, see if you can find some Soy Slender. It's not in the fridge. It's on the shelf. It comes it chocolate too. It's not a lot of Protein, but it's a little and some is better than none. Plus it's a liquid. Most people like it.

You need to find something that you can drink. For some reason Water has the wrong PH for our little tummies. Some people like the drops you can put in Water,

there is Vitamin water, crystal light, etc. It does not have to be plain water.

If you don't like the shakes, see if you can find some Soy Slender. It's not in the fridge. It's on the shelf. It comes it chocolate too. It's not a lot of Protein, but it's a little and some is better than none. Plus it's a liquid. Most people like it.

Also try HOT liquids. I find it's easier to sip hot Decaf coffee with Creamer or hot broth than drink water. Good luck. I'll say a prayer for both of you. ☺️️AllofMe.

I just turned 58 and although I'm not scheduled for surgery yet, I imagine it will be mid December sometime. I thought the same things - I get around "ok", still can do most things, not too interested in attracting men at this point in life (been married twice), have friends, etc, but I also have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, slightly elevated blood glucose, and my hips are killing me. Also, I hate to say it, but I think I'm treated differently at work because of my weight...it's a sublte thing, but I'll be curious to see how work goes after surgery. It's as if I am an unseen component in the room, in a mostly male company. I still think 58 is too darn young to just resign myself to my current status quo!

@ Jaluvic.....NO! You are not too old! I was 58 when I was sleeved (am now 61 but this group let's me pretend I am still in my 50's!) but I feel like I am 40! I also am 5'3" and I started at 223 lbs; had HBP and a bad hip, and I am living proof that life is so much better because of this surgery!!! (If you want some more inspiration, read my blog!) I have been at goal for over 2 years and my life is FABULOUS!!!! I am living a dream life and I never could have imagined that my 60's would be the best time in my life, but they are! And don't give up on realtionships.....once you become a thin person, you whole life changes and there are lots of new opporutunities out there. And sadly, I think you will find that the attitudes of people at work will change. I hate to say that, but I believe it's true.

Good luck and you are so right about 58 being too darn young to give up!!!! And this group here is awesome. They will continue to cheer you on.

You are definitely not too old. I had the sleeve in July at 52 and immediately had health benefits, like no more blood pressure medication.asthma Ned's, and am no longer pre diabetic. I am alittle baggier and wrinkled than I want to be, but it's a good trade off.