Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your spouse know how much you weigh?

Oh God, no way, he doesn't know. I am sooo ashamed of my size and I think he would guess I am at least 50 pounds less what I really am. He never asks, clearly he can see I am fat but he knows it is really something that bothers me so he leaves it alone. I am very shy, if he wants to come to the bathroom while I'm in the shower I get a nervous breakdown and screaming at him not to dare to enter or I will make his life a living hell.lol He likes me to sit on the edge of the bathtub while he is bathing so we can chat - I can not imagine letting him sit there while I'm in the tub.

It would be really nice to share my journey with him but then I would have to tell him my "number" and that is not going to happen...:/

I was actually thinking about this earlier and wondering if as many women are as modest with their husbands as I am, well when it comes to weight at least! ;)

I've been with my husband for 10 years, married for 5. He has never seen my weight and I've always made him turn his head if he was at a dr appt with me. Everyone I have told thinks it's crazy, but my husband has also never seen me naked before. I'm so uncomfortable in my own body, and definitely not comfortable exposing it to him. Another reason I'm getting WLS, to he comfortable and confident in my own skin for the first time in my life!

I can so relate to your post. My husband doesn't see me naked either. He used to when we were first married and I was 118 pounds, but I can hardly stand to look at myself now, much less be confident enough to let him see me. :( Maybe after I lose 80 pounds or so.

He clearly knows I've gained a ton but he has no idea how much exactly. Fortunately he has always stood by my side but I always felt like crap when he introduced me to one of his work buddies. I would wonder what they were thinking, like wtf is he doing with her. When clearly he can be with someone more attractive. :(

Ugh, I could have written this post too. I have a super amazing husband that I am confident is crazy about me. He says I do not have to lose weight for him. But I too feel such embarrassment when I meet any of his co-workers. He's always been thin. Worse though is his family. They are so caught up in weight and his dad has hurt my feelings SO bad before! I am just not comfortable going to visit them very often. I can't wait until I have lost weight and won't feel ashamed of myself around them.

My husband does not know what I weigh, and no way will I tell him until I weigh less than him.

Edited by decemberroses

Never told him but I intentionally had him go with me to my first surgeon's appointment and he was right there when they weighed me in. He loves me no matter what size, just very concerned for my health. I was 140 pounds less when we met and I still outweighed him (he is 5'7" and 135-140 pounds) LOL. He has been supportive from the beginning and wants what is best for my overall health and well being. He admits he doesn't understand the weight battle, but he is sympathetic and he has several family members who are overweight and obese facing the same battle.

Thankfully, he doesn't harp on me or ask me every time I get on the scale what my weight is....he is just there for support and will listen if I feel like sharing.

The first time I was weighed at pre-assessment. I came out and told my husband. If I was going to get all his support I felt I had to be honest from the get go. Not only have I gone through this trip or life changing journey but he has too. right along side me............I have now lost 1/2 my body weight.......He pointed that out to me last night....I was once double the weight I am now....I can't believe it....I really can't.....And he shared that with me and we smiled about it!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, he does and the little stinker has now decided he wants to compete with me on the weight loss journey. I have weighed more then him for a few years now and I REALLY WANT to beat him!! So let the healthy competition began. Pinky to mouth i have decided to hide my new weight loss LBS just to pass him up. Yeap it's so on!! :P

I tell everyone all the time I wasn’t shy about it before not at any weight when I was rapidly gaining towards the end and talking about needing the op I spoke about it too more in concern about if it continues how much will I be in 5 months time kinda thing.
But my on again off again guy knew the whole time every point too biggest on down.
Some people are just not comfortable talking about it anyway regardless of how big or small some not.
When you go through this your asked a lot about your weight it’s a ugh place if its just not really something your ok with constantly answering all the time.

Now I say it all the time even though still not in onederland. I am 201 and I express my disgust at trying to get to Onederland all the time. I always avoided telling him before. Even whispering it in nurses ears when I had other surgery so he wouldn't know. Even when about to give birth! I was ashamed.

I will never weigh less than him. He is my height and 163. I weigh a lot still but I don't think I could get another 40 pounds off me without being a bag of bones. Shockingly he thinks I look kind of skinny now and cannot believe I am still over 200. It's good to be tall I guess. BMI says I need to lose 28 more but I am shooting for 14 more. I hate that it will be such a high number for a woman but oh well. The 180s is a lot better than 315. I won't mind telling everyone then. It usually shocks them that it is that high.

My husband don't know my weight, and if he guessed incorrectly he know there will be consequences! I did tell him my highest weight, which I am 10 lbs under pre op diet. I've been told I hold my weight very well. I'll share once I'm under 200...lol.

Only medical professionals knew my weight until I had surgery. I told him what I started at when I had lost about 40 lbs. Now, I announce it almost every morning!! LoL

I don't think I would have volunteered this information before this process. When I started looking into having surgery, I told him that I qualify just because of my BMI (over 40), but never mentioned what weight I was. He was with me for my consultation with the surgeon and I think he finally pieced together just how much I weigh. He's very supportive and after the surgery I will be happy to share with him how much I weigh!

yes, my hubby knows how much I weight. The only reason why is that he has come with me to every appointment regarding the surgery. He wants to come because this is new for him to and he wants to know what he needs to do to help me become more healthy.

Every time I made a lap in the hallway after my surgery I made him stop at the scale to see what I weighed. I'm sure it was the good meds that had me "logically" thinking i'd drop a pound for ever lap. Lol.

I haven't shared my exact weight with him, but he does know I weigh more than him. He struggles with his weight as well and has recently lost 30 pounds in just under 3 months. He would like to drop another 20 pounds and plans to follow my pre-op surgery diet with me. One of my biggest goals is to weigh less than him, significantly less. :)

NO WAY...i havent ever told him or anyone other than my mother. lol. I did tell my husband that at my doctors consult the scale said I was 51% fat. And his reply to me was that he loved all 100% of me!

Most people think I'm under 200 including my husband but that hasn't been the case for long.