Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your spouse know how much you weigh?

I can relate with the members that are embarrassed to go to your hubby's work and meet the people he works with. I always feel so ashamed. I always think they wonder how he could be with someone that is that overweight. It makes me cry just thinking about it.

It took me eight years to him how much I weighed. I do weigh more than him but just by a few pounds, but that is to much. I can't wait to get on with my new life.

only my best friend and my doctor know - oh, and everyone on this foroum

I never told my husband my high weight. When we were first married (30 years ago) he used to ask. I was 140 pounds and thought I was fat and wouldn't tell him. As the weight crept on, he never asked because I told him I didn't want to discuss it. He loved me thin and fat. Anyway, even through the surgery, he never asked my actual weight. Since the surgery he has asked every day for over a year "how did you do today?". Now I volunteer my actual weight every day, and he knows exactly how much I've lost, but we NEVER discuss that high number. I'm pretty sure he can do the math, but I still don't want to discuss that high number, lol. I don't mind that all of you know, though ;)

I told my husband after I started losing weight where I started. My weight has never mattered to him and he's my biggest cheerleader. I finally told him and my daughter where I started with my weight loss because 1) I wanted them to know how far I've come and 2) I want to be held accountable. They DO NOT care how much I used to weigh or how much I weigh now. I could be 50 pounds or 500 pounds and they wouldn't love me any differently. They just want me to be happy and health and able to participate in activities with them. How lucky am I?

I managed to keep it from him for the first 16 years of our marriage, then on the day of my surgery, the nurse checking me in outed me in front of him. Now he knows, and it's kind of a relief not to have to hide it anymore. lol

He knows... I kept it from him for years but he knows now

My husband doesn't have a weight issue either, but I told him how much I weigh. I use to not, but I felt like if I was gonna do this and he was gonna support me in it that I would tell him. He loves you no matter what and I'm sure he'll be your biggest cheerleader!

Married almost 33 years and my hubby never new my weight until I decided to have this surgery. He married when I was heavy and I think he is a little nervous about me loosing to much weight. He has been very supportive about this journey. He even went on the liquid diet with me before surgery. Great guy. :)

No I did not tell my husband as I weigh 30 pounds more than I do, He knows of course that I am overweight but not the number but I bet he has a pretty good idea as he has guess the weight of some of my overweight friends, He was very supportive of me having the surgery,