Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 4th! Starting my preop diet now. Good luck everybody.

mine was March 3rd, how are you feeling?

How are you feeling? Are you home from hospital?

Honestly a little crappy. I can't figure out if I'm hungry or about to be sick. I've been home a day and a half and it's blowing my mind that I went thru with the surgery. I have a lot of gas build up so that's a little painful. I can't wait for the next week and a half to be over

Congratulations!!! Kerrilunney you did it. The hard is done now Its jus putting all ur work into acttion. You got this. Keep up the work. Pleases keep us posted. Look forward to reading about ur progress. I remember the gas pains after getting my tubes tired. That's my fear of doin the my bypass.

Pupichupi well the 19th is almost here can't wait. Big day for the both of us. You get to do your next chapter of your weight loss. I'm excited for you and I go see my surgeon to set up my date can't wait to hear about ur progress. Best .

Pupichupi well the 19th is almost here can't wait. Big day for the both of us. You get to do your next chapter of your weight loss. I'm excited for you and I go see my surgeon to set up my date can't wait to hear about ur progress. Best wishes.

Pupichupi well the 19th is almost here can't wait. Big day for the both of us. You get to do your next chapter of your weight loss. I'm excited for you and I go see my surgeon to set up my date can't wait to hear about ur progress. Best .

Thanks longroad34, I am excited for you too!!! My mom had an old dress from a time when I had lost a lot of weight, but that's cause I stopped eating for a year. I won't be doing that again. So I got this dress and it was a time that I liked how I looked and felt, and I hung it up in my bedroom so i can see it every morning when I get moving for the day and it's a reminder of where I want to be with all this. I look forward to wednesday and there after. Please keep me posted how you do.

Thanks longroad34, I am excited for you too!!! My mom had an old dress from a time when I had lost a lot of weight, but that's cause I stopped eating for a year. I won't be doing that again. So I got this dress and it was a time that I liked how I looked and felt, and I hung it up in my bedroom so i can see it every morning when I get moving for the day and it's a reminder of where I want to be with all this. I look forward to wednesday and there after. Please keep me posted how you do.

Motivation is key for me too. Just had surgery yesterday. I have a bikini hanging up in my room that I haven't worn since I was 19 lol. I will be able to get that sucker on again!!

Motivation is key for me too. Just had surgery yesterday. I have a bikini hanging up in my room that I haven't worn since I was 19 lol. I will be able to get that sucker on again!!
I'm the same way. Last year on my trip to Florida bought this awesome cutout swim suit I'm sure the sales clerk was thinking Really? Lol. Hanging up in my room so I see it every time I go in my bedroom. March 24th is the day!! Lets do this!!!

I'm the same way. Last year on my trip to Florida bought this awesome cutout swim suit I'm sure the sales clerk was thinking Really? Lol. Hanging up in my room so I see it every time I go in my bedroom. March 24th is the day!! Lets do this!!!

Long road, who cares what they think when you bought the bikini, lol they have no substantial part in your life!!! I would go in that store after you lose the weight wearing the bikini and be like and what!!! Lol

Dolfinld good for you!! You show them what you can do???

Hi surgery date was March 13, 2014 starting weight 315 date of surgery 293 I only had to lose 10 pounds for my doctor I only had 1 day of liquid diet and that was the day before I'm not sure if that was because I was a diabetic day of surgery after 1 day of liquids my blood sugar was 88 which my anesthesiologist didnt want me to bottom out so he gave me some sugar through my IV surgery went well it took my surgeon 4 hours and after surgery I was in no pain but I did sleep all day off and on 3 days later and I made my way home Thank you Jesus I didnt eat or drink much in the hospital but I came home and ate some yogurt with fruit how crazy and it did nothing to my stomach my nurse kept saying im the poster kid for GB I owe it all to God it was nobody but him I'm up and walking going shopping later on today with my sister I have so much to look foward too and I'm so excited thanks for letting me share

Congrats Keasha, I hope that my surgery goes just as well as yours, however, I won't be staying at the hospital that long. I am only staying one night. I am super excited as I go in for it this wednesday. Thanks for the update on yours, that is awsome. Good luck!!!

Today I am officially 2 weeks post op! Surgery was on 3.3.14. I'm extremely happy I had this surgery! I truly am. My surgery went as well as could be expected, with the exception of my heart. It was discovered I have irregular heart beats. Thank GOD the worse did not occur! Mil had to see a cardio soon after I left hospital, and thankfully my heart is somewhat stabilized. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days. The cardio team wanted me to stay longer for further observation, but i them I wanted to go home. My bp was not high, and the echoiogram did not show anything alarming. My first week I enjoyed the Protein Shakes, this week though it's a struggle. I have the nectar brand now, and will make a shake shortly. I've moved on to purée foods, oh lala! It is soo not what I expected! Yes I get to be more involved in the eating process by chewing, but I can also say it is becoming more apparent the limitation of my new stomach and what it can hold. I experienced my first ever dumping syndrome, ad the feeling was unpleasant. :-(. Overall I'm 20 lbs down! Woo hoo! ;-)

Congrats Sophia!!! Thats fantastic, except for the heart thing and the dumping!!! I hope you do great!!!

Today I am officially 2 weeks post op! Surgery was on 3.3.14. I'm extremely happy I had this surgery! I truly am. My surgery went as well as could be expected, with the exception of my heart. It was discovered I have irregular heart beats. Thank GOD the worse did not occur! Mil had to see a cardio soon after I left hospital, and thankfully my heart is somewhat stabilized. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days. The cardio team wanted me to stay longer for further observation, but i them I wanted to go home. My bp was not high, and the echoiogram did not show anything alarming. My first week I enjoyed the Protein Shakes, this week though it's a struggle. I have the nectar brand now, and will make a shake shortly. I've moved on to purée foods, oh lala! It is soo not what I expected! Yes I get to be more involved in the eating process by chewing, but I can also say it is becoming more apparent the limitation of my new stomach and what it can hold. I experienced my first ever dumping syndrome, ad the feeling was unpleasant. :-(. Overall I'm 20 lbs down! Woo hoo! ;-)

Congrats to you!! When did you start to feel "normal" again? Im 4 days out. Been home since 4pm Friday. Aside from getting up to use the bathroom, take meds or get drinks, I haven't done much of anything. I seem to not have much energy. I sit in my recliner and read or watch tv or doze off. I want to get up and go outside for a walk or something but after being up and moving for more than 10 minutes, I get light headed.

Congrats Sophia!!! Thats fantastic, except for the heart thing and the dumping!!! I hope you do great!!!

Thank you! I hope your surgery will go well on Wed. Best!

Edited by sophiastuffin