Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats to you!! When did you start to feel "normal" again? Im 4 days out. Been home since 4pm Friday. Aside from getting up to use the bathroom, take meds or get drinks, I haven't done much of anything. I seem to not have much energy. I sit in my recliner and read or watch tv or doze off. I want to get up and go outside for a walk or something but after being up and moving for more than 10 minutes, I get light headed.

My first week was fine! I walked a lot, even went shopping with the hubby. Last week I felt more fatigue and slept a lot! After the kids were off to school I slept til 10 on most days. Perhaps b/c of the Protein Drinks? My nut said I wasn't getting enough in. It's been cold the past couple of days so I've been in, but I do walk up and down the stairs in my home. How are you with your Protein? Vitamins? Water?

My first week was fine! I walked a lot, even went shopping with the hubby. Last week I felt more fatigue and slept a lot! After the kids were off to school I slept til 10 on most days. Perhaps b/c of the Protein drinks? My nut said I wasn't getting enough in. It's been cold the past couple of days so I've been in, but I do walk up and down the stairs in my home. How are you with your protein? Vitamins? Water?

Yesterday I got 3 11oz Protein Shakes down (90g total protein), a bottle and a half of water (24oz) and 8oz of broth. I take all my prescribed meds and vitamins every morning. I do feel a little better today and have been up and trying to move around some more but don't want to over do it. I can't drive yet or I'd get out and walk around the mall or something. Kids are at school, hubs and everyone else at work. Sucks being home alone when you're limited to what you can do.

Congrats to you!! When did you start to feel "normal" again? Im 4 days out. Been home since 4pm Friday. Aside from getting up to use the bathroom, take meds or get drinks, I haven't done much of anything. I seem to not have much energy. I sit in my recliner and read or watch tv or doze off. I want to get up and go outside for a walk or something but after being up and moving for more than 10 minutes, I get light headed.

It took me until day 8/9 to start feeling normal. I drove myself, went to the store, and hung out with friends. That's also when I got my staples and drain out so I could take a normal shower. I'll be two weeks out tomorrow and I'm not 100% but I'm getting there.

It took me until day 8/9 to start feeling normal. I drove myself, went to the store, and hung out with friends. That's also when I got my staples and drain out so I could take a normal shower. I'll be two weeks out tomorrow and I'm not 100% but I'm getting there.

I wish I could drive. I won't be cleared for that until my post op appointment on the 25th.

Man I hope my doctor doesn't tell me I can't drive, cause I would be lost. Although my boyfriend drives most of the time, if I want to go somewhere I don't want to depend on anyone!!!

Yesterday I got 3 11oz Protein Shakes down (90g total protein), a bottle and a half of Water (24oz) and 8oz of broth. I take all my prescribed meds and Vitamins every morning. I do feel a little better today and have been up and trying to move around some more but don't want to over do it. I can't drive yet or I'd get out and walk around the mall or something. Kids are at school, hubs and everyone else at work. Sucks being home alone when you're limited to what you can do.

You seem to be getting all your vitamins and liquids in. It's great you felt better yesterday. Being home alone is a drag! I'm in the same boat, home and bored! Try to make the best of it, soon enough you'll be nearing your goals!

My surgery was three weeks ago, started puréed food and it seemed fine at first then I started cramping really bad and throwing up. Doc said back to liquids for a while cause I'm still pretty swollen and probably can't handle the puréed yet. He said warm liquids would help, which they do but it gets frustrating just doing liquids when you want more. I keep telling myself it's all for the better but still a downer

Some surgeons have the patient lose weight preop. Mine did not. My rny was 3/3/14. How is everyone doing?

My Rny was3/24/14 an still having trouble with meat. Still doing liq. Proteins lost about 65 lbs depending who's scales u use! I'm wondering just how long it takes befor eating feels so strange?

My surgery was March 18 and I am down 60 pounds as of this morning (since my first surgeon appt in Dec.). I feel pretty darn good. I can finally handle most foods okay and have so much more energy than I did prior to losing this weight. I struggled with experiencing pain when I drank Water for about the first month after surgery, but am fine now.

Having the surgery was definitely a good decision for me. I'm losing weight at a nice, steady rate (about 11-12 pounds a month, give or take) and haven't hit a big stall yet.

I can make it through 18 holes of golf now without being completely exhausted and in pain! Life is definitely good! :)

My surgery was March 18 and I am down 60 pounds as of this morning (since my first surgeon appt in Dec.). I feel pretty darn good. I can finally handle most foods okay and have so much more energy than I did prior to losing this weight. I struggled with experiencing pain when I drank Water for about the first month after surgery, but am fine now. Having the surgery was definitely a good decision for me. I'm losing weight at a nice, steady rate (about 11-12 pounds a month, give or take) and haven't hit a big stall yet. I can make it through 18 holes of golf now without being completely exhausted and in pain! Life is definitely good! :)

Wow healthyme, I had mine march 19th and I've lost 44lbs but I still can't handle a lot of foods?

I am trying to be cool with this because I know it is temporary but Iam losing handfuls of hair! My doctor said it is not from lack of Protein it is normal because we are losing weight faster than our hair follicles can handle. Biotin won't help they say. I don't know, but my hair is on the thin side to begin with and I don't have any to spare. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Thanks to this forum I am now putting Bio-Oil on my incisions, and rubbing my body with a firming lotion (Jergens) and my facial wrinkles with Bio-Oil. Haha looking good and feeling firm!

I am trying to be cool with this because I know it is temporary but Iam losing handfuls of hair! My doctor said it is not from lack of Protein it is normal because we are losing weight faster than our hair follicles can handle. Biotin won't help they say. I don't know, but my hair is on the thin side to begin with and I don't have any to spare. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

I am preop stage. June 9th. I have heard you can lose weight but clumps sound severe. Did you have blood work to check all your levels? I was thinking of cutting my hair shorter to avoid that! I can't wait to have 30-40 lbs gone. Has anyone come of b/p meds yet? I can't wait to get rid of some of my meds!