Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Karrilunney, Preop diet for me is 2 weeks liquid diet? I don't know if every doctor does it, mine does, its to help shrink your stomach and shrink the surrounding organs to help them get in their easier. They do it so that it's easier to maneuver in there. When is your surgery? The liquid diet at first is frightening but it ends up being really easy to do, my doctor gives me metagenics products it's all those Protein shakes and they give you Fiber to not bind up. I don't mind it much I have already done it once for lapband surgery. I am of course now going for the bypass. So I don't know maybe ask your doctor if you still have time? Good luck with your surgery!!!

What's the pre op diet? They never mentioned one to me except for the day before.

Hello vonvon, it all depends on your insurance how long it takes for the approval. I have Blue cross blue shield, and it too about a week and a half. Also depends on what they need from the doctor. My doc doesn't send anything in till after I had all my appt's. So best suggestion is to ask your doctor, or call your insurance?

How long did it take for the approval from insurance to come back, I'm waiting for approval so I can get my date sometime the end of March

Having my final pre op testing done right now! Hoping for no complications !

Good Luck Blue614!!!! Hope everything goes great!!!

Having my final pre op testing done right now! Hoping for no complications !

Good Luck Blue614!!!! Hope everything goes great!!!

thanks Tina :) good luck to,you as well!

Surgeons office submitted my paperwork to my insurance on Feb 21st late in the day. I can check online on my status and it showed up on the 24th as pending and I it was changed to approved this morning the 25th. The surgeons office was even surprised they got the fax that quickly. They said they usually have to wait awhile. Good luck to everyone waiting for insurance approval-sending good mojo your way!! :)

Testing all done! Said I'm all cleared for surgery! No pre op diet...just can't go on a last minute splurge..lol. Have to keep a drain in for 7-10 days post op...bummer :( final meeting with surgeon this Friday.

a drain? What for? My surgeon didn't say anything like that and also everyone I have talked to never mentioned that? So when are you going in for the surgery?

Testing all done! Said I'm all cleared for surgery! No pre op diet...just can't go on a last minute splurge..lol. Have to keep a drain in for 7-10 days post op...bummer :( final meeting with surgeon this Friday.

I'm so excited my surgeon said I will NOT have a drain. Which I am thankful for because I will be home alone with little help.

a drain? What for? My surgeon didn't say anything like that and also everyone I have talked to never mentioned that? So when are you going in for the surgery?

Most patients will have a small tube to allow drainage of any accumulated fluids from the abdomen. This is a safety measure, and it is usually removed a week after the surgery. Generally, a drain is a minor discomfort.

....my date is March 17th

I'm so excited my surgeon said I will NOT have a drain. Which I am thankful for because I will be home alone with little help.

I need to switch to your surgeon ;)

Most patients will have a small tube to allow drainage of any accumulated fluids from the abdomen. This is a safety measure, and it is usually removed a week after the surgery. Generally, a drain is a minor discomfort.

....my date is March 17th

Oh huh???? My doc never said anything about that??? Whatever I don't care, I just want this to get going so I can start loosing weight!!!

Oh huh???? My doc never said anything about that??? Whatever I don't care, I just want this to get going so I can start loosing weight!!!

lol, I'm with you there. Just wanted it out before I went home.

Yeah I don't blame you, but you know what if thats the least I have to deal with after surgery and have the success I hope to have, then I will take it!!! I hope the next 2-1/2 weeks fly by!!!

lol, I'm with you there. Just wanted it out before I went home.

My surgery is tomorrow and I'm sooo nervous and excited at the same time!!! 2 week liquid diet was easy, shakes filled me up. The worst was drinking the Golytely for the cleanse. It was nasty!! I was told I will be coming home with a drain also, just for a week which is gonna be bad enough but I just look forward to all the positives!! So glad to be able to chat with ppl here that understand all our fears and emotions. Great ppl!!