Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

I'm originally from East Peoria, but I live in Springfield now. My doc is in Clinton at the IL Bariatric Center - Dr. Rohrscheib. I'm going to UIS as a graduate student and work for the state, but I come to Peoria nearly every weekend. I'm up for a lunch or dinner - just let me know!

I have the same dr as you! I live in Quincy. It is one heck of a road trip, but luckily I usually have someone riding with me. I really like their office. Plus they listen to my concerns.

Dr. Oliphant is a great surgeon. I have only heard great things about him.

Hiya My name is Jamie. :sad: I live in Weldon which is between Clinton and Champaign. I am just finishing up my 6mo supervised diet and have to schedule my next dr appmt. My dr is Dr R from Clinton.

I am trying to figure out what my next step is going to be. I dont have very many supporters in this and i just feel lost. My biggest supporters are 2 ladies that i have become friends with who have had the surgery. My husband does support me but he also supported me when i put the dbl cheeseburgers and fries in my mouth. He always tells me he loves me for me. Which is great. When i get excited about the journey and whats to come he always has a remark of negativity in my eyes and it brings me down. I would love to find some more supporters and I think i have came to the right place.

Thanks for listening. Smooches :wub:

Hiya My name is Jamie. :sad: I live in Weldon which is between Clinton and Champaign. I am just finishing up my 6mo supervised diet and have to schedule my next dr appmt. My dr is Dr R from Clinton.

I am trying to figure out what my next step is going to be. I dont have very many supporters in this and i just feel lost. My biggest supporters are 2 ladies that i have become friends with who have had the surgery. My husband does support me but he also supported me when i put the dbl cheeseburgers and fries in my mouth. He always tells me he loves me for me. Which is great. When i get excited about the journey and whats to come he always has a remark of negativity in my eyes and it brings me down. I would love to find some more supporters and I think i have came to the right place.

Thanks for listening. Smooches :wub:

I also have the same dr. I love his office. Best of luck to you on your journey and cant wait to hear when you finally have you surgery scheduled!

Hi Jamie,

I live in Mansfield - not too far from you. My Dr. is Dr. R. also, just in Champaign instead of Clinton.

I will be your Band Buddy if you need one. I can give you my number and we can be each other's cheerleader.

Let me know if I can do anything now to help.

You can do this................. one step at a time. :thumbup:

Deena

Hiya My name is Jamie. :thumbup: I live in Weldon which is between Clinton and Champaign. I am just finishing up my 6mo supervised diet and have to schedule my next dr appmt. My dr is Dr R from Clinton.

Thanks for listening. Smooches :ohmy:

Hey Jamie,

Now that I have been banded for 3 years now I have come to several conclusions about how others really feel about what I've done. I find that the people who say things about how nice it must be to have something else do the work for you really don't have a clue about the band and how it works. I find that the people who say things about you being fine the way you are and that you don't need to change are uncomfortable with the unknown factor of what the new you will be like once you actually start feeling good about yourself. In my case, I have less patience and tolerance for people than I used to because I don't think I have to put with grief anymore just so people will like me. My husband was totally supportive in every way about this and even he went through a short period of insecurity that I wasn't going to think he was good enough for me anymore now that I had more confidence. He was wrong of course but initially we still had to work through his feelings. I have found that the people at work who don't know the real you as well as your family does just act like it's all about vanity and yes, that is part of it. Mostly it's about knowing you will be healthy and not a burden to our healthcare system and your family when you start getting weight induced health problems from not doing anything about it. The fact that you get easier on the eyes as you lose weight is just a perk as far as I'm concerned. It's how you will feel when you start seeing the hard work pay off that makes the journey all worth it. Don't let people cause you to second guess your choice. We were born with a little voice that tells us what to do and you need to go with it and push out the outside voices that are now making you unsure of yourself. We're here for you. Take care.

Kelly

well i am headed to my pcp for my final weigh in for my 6mo supervised diet. Wish me luck...The closer its getting the more freaked out/excited im getting. be back later to post the results. Smooches Jamie

Best of luck to you!

Good Luck!

ok so i went for my last visit...i was put on a mild Water pill cause my legs and ankles are starting to swell. Amazing little pill.. I went to Dr. R's office to see what the next step was. The lady behind the counter got my file and said EVERYTHING was ready to be sent as soon as they got my records from my psp. They said it will take 3-6 weeks to hear back from my ins. co. Now its just a waiting game...

I live in westville...go to Dr Moore/Oliphant @ Carle in Champbana....band date is 8/12!!

I live in westville...go to Dr Moore/Oliphant @ Carle in Champbana....band date is 8/12!!

Best of luck to you! It's an incredible journey.

Kelly

Hello everyone ..My name is Brenda and I am new to Lapband . I have already seen the dr and looking to meet people that has had the Lapband .

I'm in warrensburg, Ill. I go to Dr. Rohrschieb in Clinton. I was banded on March 6. 2012, down 50lbs

Would love to meet local banisters.

kmom...i have the same dr, but im in quincy. Love his staff!